Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

COVID Advice

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Having survived the original strand COVID Classic, I want to pass on how I did it. I'll leave out the prayer and the Lord's will in this because, without it, no of the rest of what I say matters little or none. So what I did on my part was that I fasted until the virus showed beaten several days later. I did a complete fast for two reasons, one was spiritual and the other was that I had heard COVID strikes overweight diabetics hard. I was hit real hard. As what I've learned is that insulin causes inflammation in the body of Type2ers and we have way too much insulin floating around with nowhere to go til peed out. By fasting, I minimized my insulin thereby giving my body a chance to handle the massive inflammation caused by COVID. As I cleared the virus, there was the massive aftermath to deal with. The docs said my organs(including my heart) showed no damage. On my part I credit fasting. Even after starting to eat, I only ate whatever was Keto friendly. During recovery, I learned quickly that the bed is the devil, in that laying around will either kill you or greatly prolong recovery. I started sitting up to take meals and move to the chair to take meals as soon as I could. Soon I was sitting in my chair all day and only laying in bed in the evenings and at night to sleep. I found rehab much easier if I had been sitting up in my chair prior to exercising/walking than if I had been laying around in bed. I told the nurses and doctors that if I could tell the other patients anything it would be "If you wanna live then get out of that bed!"

I'm glad that you're doing better and don't have any major lasting damage to your body.

COVID was a monster to me, I couldn't physically get out of bed most times. When I felt I had enough strength, it was generally the bed to the couch. Recovery was long. I still have things from it that I am still recovering from 2 years later from that event partially due to COVID aggravating underlying conditions. Anyone that has COVID needs to stay hydrated - it's the dehydration that also can get out of hand quickly.

I'm glad that you're doing better and don't have any major lasting damage to your body.

COVID was a monster to me, I couldn't physically get out of bed most times. When I felt I had enough strength, it was generally the bed to the couch. Recovery was long. I still have things from it that I am still recovering from 2 years later from that event partially due to COVID aggravating underlying conditions. Anyone that has COVID needs to stay hydrated - it's the dehydration that also can get out of hand quickly.
Were you in the hospital? What is your O2 saturation showing? Do you have a sat meter? You might have low O2. Might want to drink mineral water periodically. Praying for you Rose.

Praying for you :pray . Check out this link , maybe you can get some good info . Long Haul Support
One more . Long COVID

Having survived the original strand COVID Classic, I want to pass on how I did it. I'll leave out the prayer and the Lord's will in this because, without it, no of the rest of what I say matters little or none. So what I did on my part was that I fasted until the virus showed beaten several days later. I did a complete fast for two reasons, one was spiritual and the other was that I had heard COVID strikes overweight diabetics hard. I was hit real hard. As what I've learned is that insulin causes inflammation in the body of Type2ers and we have way too much insulin floating around with nowhere to go til peed out. By fasting, I minimized my insulin thereby giving my body a chance to handle the massive inflammation caused by COVID. As I cleared the virus, there was the massive aftermath to deal with. The docs said my organs(including my heart) showed no damage. On my part I credit fasting. Even after starting to eat, I only ate whatever was Keto friendly. During recovery, I learned quickly that the bed is the devil, in that laying around will either kill you or greatly prolong recovery. I started sitting up to take meals and move to the chair to take meals as soon as I could. Soon I was sitting in my chair all day and only laying in bed in the evenings and at night to sleep. I found rehab much easier if I had been sitting up in my chair prior to exercising/walking than if I had been laying around in bed. I told the nurses and doctors that if I could tell the other patients anything it would be "If you wanna live then get out of that bed!"
Do the Moringa ! Lol! But no really look into it.😁

My covid story is as follows. Early in March 2020 I started taking the maximum Vit C dose and Vit D daily. So when we got Covid Nov 20, it was less severe than a cold.

But a doctor on line who treated 100s of cases said the majority of those he saw in the hospital were very overweight. I heard the explanation which had to do with the number of fat cells, I think.

We got it again in Feb 22 and were 3-5 days in bed actually sleeping. But when not sleeping we were up. No lasting effects. The first time the government medics following all cases told me 95% have no to few symptoms. A study checking random citizens, no incident of infections at that point in time, found that upwards of 60% already had active antibodies. The virus isn’t new and many without comorbidities already are protected.

My covid story is as follows. Early in March 2020 I started taking the maximum Vit C dose and Vit D daily. So when we got Covid Nov 20, it was less severe than a cold.

But a doctor on line who treated 100s of cases said the majority of those he saw in the hospital were very overweight. I heard the explanation which had to do with the number of fat cells, I think.

We got it again in Feb 22 and were 3-5 days in bed actually sleeping. But when not sleeping we were up. No lasting effects. The first time the government medics following all cases told me 95% have no to few symptoms. A study checking random citizens, no incident of infections at that point in time, found that upwards of 60% already had active antibodies. The virus isn’t new and many without comorbidities already are protected.
I'm thankful your case was light. My wife's was moderate (no hospitalization) and our son's was light (like a cold).

Glad to hear.

My COVID case lasted about two weeks and was just about as miserable as a bad flu, I was bedridden for several days and throwing up regularly, and for two nights I literally could not fall asleep, I was in too much pain (despite taking pain reliever), just stayed up thrashing all night. Not fun. But of course I am young so it didn't hit me as hard as it could.

My dad's friend, who is in his 30s with no prior health complications whatsoever, very healthy man, he got hit with COVID extremely hard. He went to the hospital for over two months and stayed on oxygen much of the time, his lungs were so crippled. He has permanent damage to his lungs now.

Glad to hear.

My COVID case lasted about two weeks and was just about as miserable as a bad flu, I was bedridden for several days and throwing up regularly, and for two nights I literally could not fall asleep, I was in too much pain (despite taking pain reliever), just stayed up thrashing all night. Not fun. But of course I am young so it didn't hit me as hard as it could.

My dad's friend, who is in his 30s with no prior health complications whatsoever, very healthy man, he got hit with COVID extremely hard. He went to the hospital for over two months and stayed on oxygen much of the time, his lungs were so crippled. He has permanent damage to his lungs now.
Very well you pulled through. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. I'm pretty sure I have reduced lung function as well. Too bad we can't sue the Chinese government for compensation. Sorry, but I'm gonna pray for your friend's dad even if you think I'm wasting my time.

Praying for you :pray . Check out this link , maybe you can get some good info . Long Haul Support
One more . Long COVID
Thanks for the links. Don't think Long COVID is what I have necessarily. I have another medical issue that's been acting up since then. Still have memory gaps and keep remembering things each day. The loss of appetite, hurting joints, fatigue, and sternum pain could be long COVID, but many of these can be caused by medication, too. Not fun.

I did a 2-shot vaccine series. and...

I've been on a DIY Orthomolecular vitamin cocktail for over 10 years at this point. Orthomolecular is not...terribly popular, right now, except with a subset of people who seem to be doing it for "anti-aging" or something, but...

thankfully, the old school, standard Orthomolecular cocktails involve lots of vitamin C and E and selenium and zinc and high potency b-vitamins and...

pretty much everything all human beings need, in high doses...with the dosages hopefully going up (with carefully selected meds prescribed by a thoughtful physician, if needed) during times of stress, sickness, etc.

There were times...and have been times now, fairly recently...when I've thought: COVID?!?! But I've always had allergies. I had to drop my daily Allegra when an eye exam showed it was drying my eyes out (I hadn't noticed, but it showed up on some sort of eye scan...-frightening- ), so...

blah blah blah. The Lord spared me full blown COVID, as best I can tell, and I was able to get the 2 shot vaccine series when it became available. I think the DIY Orthomolecular cocktail may....---may--- ....have been helpful in boosting my body's response to COVID (and all the other grit and grime floating around, too).

I've been on a DIY Orthomolecular vitamin cocktail for over 10 years at this point. Orthomolecular is not...terribly popular, right now, except with a subset of people who seem to be doing it for "anti-aging" or something, but...
Never heard of Orthomolecular till today .

thankfully, the old school, standard Orthomolecular cocktails involve lots of vitamin C and E and selenium and zinc and high potency b-vitamins and...

pretty much everything all human beings need, in high doses...with the dosages hopefully going up (with carefully selected meds prescribed by a thoughtful physician, if needed) during times of stress, sickness, etc.
Supplements , yes I take those too . Make sure your vitamin d level is good . Sunshine ☀️ !

Lol.florida is like the sun in Mario three and super Mario .

You gonna get that vitamin d Mario !
My wife went to Pensacola for a few day last month .
I told someone my wife brought back a souvenir a lot of people bring back form Florida .
They asked what was the souvenir ? I laughed and said a sunburn 🤣 !

jasonc , I would take a guess and say your vitamin D level is good :lol . Your work is outside too .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back