Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Crosses are heavy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been a professing Christian for years. But recently I'm starting to get it, to believe. I see that I must daily carry a cross that is so heavy. Turning from my selfish and wicked thoughts to God, denying my body the pleasures and lusts, is really a hard thing. And I think a person has to embrace suffering with Christ to do this.

I've been a professing Christian for years. But recently I'm starting to get it, to believe. I see that I must daily carry a cross that is so heavy. Turning from my selfish and wicked thoughts to God, denying my body the pleasures and lusts, is really a hard thing. And I think a person has to embrace suffering with Christ to do this.
You are experiencing the symptoms of Christian maturity.

In the Eastern Church, we have a method of keeping focused on Christ and of filling ones mind occupied with Him so that there is less opportunity for the random thoughts that can lead away from Christ.

It's called the "Jesus Prayer."
"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."
Say it 1000 times today, 2000 tomorrow, either aloud but quietly or just in your mind.
Coordinate it with your breathing.
You can shorten it to better fit with your breathing, even down to (inhale) Lord (exhale) Jesus.

It will help you form the habit of praying without ceasing and keeping focused on the author and finisher of our faith.

iakov the fool

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back