Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dancing in the Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

Dance has a holy function as an expression of joy. Let them praise His name in the dance. ( Psalm 149:3). Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. ( Psalm 150:4). David danced before the Lord with all his might. ( 2 Sam. 6:14). Michal, his wife, saw him and despised him in her heart; and upon his return home, she ridicued him. David answered, It was before the Lord....therefore will I play before the Lord. God accepted David's method of praise and punished Michal. Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. ( 2 Sam. 6:23). Let modern Michal's take note, aand beware.

The reason I posted this is to answer those who seem to think dancing in the Spirit is from Satan. This also should also should be pointed out to John McArthur, who wrote Charismatic Chaos. Are you reformist willing to concede that?

For about a week now, this forum has been pretty boring. Maybe I can stir up some fellow believers.

May God bless, Golfjack

I get tired of all the intellectual bantering too, Jack. Theres nothing wrong with dancing before the Lord; David is the perfect example.
He is worthy!

Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD!

Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

golfjack said:
Dance has a holy function as an expression of joy. Let them praise His name in the dance. ( Psalm 149:3). Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. ( Psalm 150:4). David danced before the Lord with all his might. ( 2 Sam. 6:14). Michal, his wife, saw him and despised him in her heart; and upon his return home, she ridicued him. David answered, It was before the Lord....therefore will I play before the Lord. God accepted David's method of praise and punished Michal. Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. ( 2 Sam. 6:23). Let modern Michal's take note, aand beware.

The reason I posted this is to answer those who seem to think dancing in the Spirit is from Satan. This also should also should be pointed out to John McArthur, who wrote Charismatic Chaos. Are you reformist willing to concede that?

For about a week now, this forum has been pretty boring. Maybe I can stir up some fellow believers.

May God bless, Golfjack

What is "dancing in the Spirit"? And how do you know what is considered "dancing in the Spirit" is what was being done in the verses you quoted?

Is "dancing in the Spirit" similar to "laughing in the Spirit"?

It's just a physical expression of praise and joy that comes from being alive in the spirit. You could call it another way to express worship.
Davidic and Messianic dance are interesting because they symbolize joy and thankfuness to God.

There are several scriptures that refer to dancing before the Lord.

As for laughing in the Spirit-- I see that no where in scripture and have never experienced such a thing.

One of the fruits of the Spirit is joy. Don't many laugh when they have Joy. Can we shed tears in the Spirit? Of course we can.

The question is, what is the anointing? The simple answer is the manifast presense of God. And all believers have the anointing, but because of the sacred cows of denominational beliefs, they will not surrender to the Spirit. Sometimes when I lay hands on people my hand gets so hot I can hardly stand it.

If only God's people would understand the Holy Spirit, they would have fun in Church, but why do we limit God so much?

May God bless, Golfjack

If only God's people would understand the Holy Spirit, they would have fun in Church, but why do we limit God so much?

:smt102 we're stubborn maybe.

...or maybe people dance differently too. ...They are having alot of fun, just expressing it differently. :biggrin

At least that is what I hope. (I'm kind of laid back myself, though very passionate for Jesus)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back