Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Darwin and Galileo.....both got it wrong ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh, there's more than two here brother. But you don't have quite the mouth on you than others. Your dosage is correct for discussion so I'll talk to you. :wink
Okay

I think we know some things. But in no way do I even surmise the possibility that we have it all correct,
This is your opinion, and you have not in any way thus far indicated with factual evidence or credible sources that it might not be all correct. It is currently the best that scientists have come up with, and will certainly be improved upon and may even one day be disproved. That's the beauty of science, it is always open for improvement or having findings being subject to falsification given new evidence.

or that there is not an agenda to conceal at least portions of the real truths that are vitally important to us.
This is your opinion. No credible evidence or sources to support this idea. And remember, you and I have different definitions on what makes something credible as a source. Hint: The number of google hits is not a sufficient determiner of truth.

I'ma not a edumacated man...but I've been reading books and chasing answers and pondering since I was pre pubescent, so I'm no idiot. Maybe some of the stuff I've come out with is far fetched at first glance...but my conclusion about evolution is that it's far fetched even at last glance.
Show me credible evidence to support your claims. You are by your own admission uneducated, yet you suppose you are right, and the entire consensus of the experts of the world on the matter are wrong?

Ok. Ok bring it on brother. Give me an example of observable evidences of a species changing kind. Demonstrate brother!
Already addressed this very point, and you responded with an irrelevant question.

Because you're not getting it. I am yay education...but I may have been the last generation to be instilled with the critical thinking skill.
This is completely untrue, I'm a younger man, but have certainly been instilled with a pretty good amount of critical thinking skills.

So when I weigh the evolution yarn against the biblical creationist yarn...evolution doesn't stand.
My conclusion.
Your opinion, your conclusion. Much like I believe your presuppositions and biases prevent you from even entertaining the concept as being true, but this is just my opinion.

Perhaps you can present some of the evidence for your case so that we can discuss it.

And if you think that all those people on the podium are not saying what they're told to say, then I suggest that you may be being a wee bit naive.
What podium? Are you talking about the President or scientists? The President has speech writers, while scientists are not told what to say.

More opinion and conjecture. Need more evidence to support your claims rather than just calling me naive based on your opinion.

Edward,

I believe you when you say you dont know who Richard Hoagland is (altho I bet you have googled his name by now), but fact is, you are parroting his weirdo "hyper-dimensional" occult garbage.
I would encourage you to go to http://enterprisemission.com/ - that is his website.

In short order, you will see how flaky he is, and I think you will understand quickly that you have picked up his baloney from somewhere, probably in a watered-down form which makes it easier to swallow. When you see his site, I don't think it'll take you long to see what I am saying.

I don't think you intend to swallow occult stuff, and I suspect that reading his stuff directly, without the watering-down given it on other sites, will change your mind. He uses his past (and he actually IS qualified to speak on science matters) to get people to listen to his nonsense. The man probably does not believe a word of what he is saying, it's all about money. Seems some of us won't actually steal, but they will sell nonsense, all for the money, Edward.

All for money.

Education. I read my sons textbooks when they brought them home and found outright lies in them. They're dumbing us down. My wife is from Europe and seen the kids high school work, and told me about how this stuff is taught to them overseas in grammar school.

That's a testable assertion. The TIMSS tests give identical math and science tests to 8th grade kids in different countries around the world. (8th grade is generally the last year most nations have all public-school kids in academic tracks, while others, like the U.S., continue all students through high school) Here's the comparisons for math:
http://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2011/downloads/T11_IR_M_Chapter1.pdf

US is tenth of about 46, well above average. Our students do better than those of Germany, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and many others.

Here's the science comparisons:
http://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2011/international-results-science.html

The United States is seventh in science. Our students are again, well above average, and do better than those of almost all European nations. We have the highest ranking of any nation without a national education policy, and the highest ranking of any country with a large number of immigrant children.

Sounds pretty good to me.

That's a testable assertion. The TIMSS tests give identical math and science tests to 8th grade kids in different countries around the world. (8th grade is generally the last year most nations have all public-school kids in academic tracks, while others, like the U.S., continue all students through high school) Here's the comparisons for math:
http://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2011/downloads/T11_IR_M_Chapter1.pdf

US is tenth of about 46, well above average. Our students do better than those of Germany, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and many others.

Here's the science comparisons:
http://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2011/international-results-science.html

The United States is seventh in science. Our students are again, well above average, and do better than those of almost all European nations. We have the highest ranking of any nation without a national education policy, and the highest ranking of any country with a large number of immigrant children.

Sounds pretty good to me.

it is pretty good as far as pseudo/phony non science and nonsense - see for yourself what Christian children and others are being taught - for Juniors via google see [Fact vs Faith]textbooks and for Seniors see www.EvolutionvsGod.com - for genuine science read "True Science agrees with the Bible" by Malcolm Bowden and in particular as a taster, via google, watch the short 12minute video 'The importance of Geocentricity'/Bowden - see Creation Homepage/26 October 2014 - twinc

Last edited:
it is pretty good as far as pseudo/phony non science and nonsense

Math and science are what they are. And they are the reason, the United States has such a technology lead on the rest of the world. The TIMSS study just confirms that our system works better than average at educating public school students.

- see for yourself what Christian children and others are being taught -

TIMSS doesn't do a religion study. So we don't know how we match up in regards to that.

Math and science are what they are. And they are the reason, the United States has such a technology lead on the rest of the world. The TIMSS study just confirms that our system works better than average at educating public school students.

TIMSS doesn't do a religion study. So we don't know how we match up in regards to that.

All their money and technology will not keep them out of hell - the sad and serious part is the number of others they will drag down with them according to 'a state of the nation survey' - twinc

All their money and technology will not keep them out of hell - the sad and serious part is the number of others they will drag down with them according to 'a state of the nation survey' - twinc

Here, you're assuming what you proposed to prove. The fact that our kids do better in math and science than the kids of most other nations, is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.

Here, you're assuming what you proposed to prove. The fact that our kids do better in math and science than the kids of most other nations, is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.

what does it profit a man/child to gain the whole world of pseudo knowledge [pseudo/science etc] and lose their soul[Mk.8:36] - twinc

what does it profit a man/child to gain the whole world of pseudo knowledge [pseudo/science etc] and lose their soul[Mk.8:36] - twinc

Fortunately, God won't send you to hell for believing new doctrines like creationism. It's not how He judges you. But if you (as many creationists do) make an idol of creationism, and deny that Christians can believe in evolution, there might be consequences.

Discussion of who will be judged, how they will be judged and for what they will be judged has little to nothing to do with the topic or this particular forum.

:topic

Discussion of who will be judged, how they will be judged and for what they will be judged has little to nothing to do with the topic or this particular forum.

:topic

yes accepted but fortunately or unfortunately for Christians, education embraces not just academic excellence but also embraces religious education in faith schools imho - twinc

Just refrain from posting opinions of other members directly or by insinuation and all will be fine.
This forum requires an agreement be consented to before posting. That means the rules/guidelines are tighter to keep tempers at bay... and minimize judgment of the opposing views or beliefs of members who should feel "safe" to post their thoughts without fear of reprisal, belittlement or verbal attack.
If other views cannot be respected befitting the spirit of faith the board represents then access will be revoked.

I see some evolutionists claiming they are somehow intellectually superior by insinuation or other conveyance.
I see some creationists claiming they are somehow spiritually superior by insinuation or other conveyance

Both claim superiority to the belittlement of others.
This too must be avoided.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back