Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Darwin and Galileo.....both got it wrong ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you are talking to me, jason, note that I did not mention how long man has been here... I have no clue about anything you just said.

And, oddly enough, I am cool with THAT, too. :)

If you are talking to me, jason, note that I did not mention how long man has been here... I have no clue about anything you just said.

And, oddly enough, I am cool with THAT, too. :)
the theistic evolutionist must answer that with historical jewish/Christian views of what jesus said about adam.
to wit.
1) adam was he first a polygamist?
2) was eve the same?
3) science says that marriage was invented so that men could be controlled. yes I have heard that.
4) men by natural aren't faithful.

yet what did jesus say about marriage and divorce and whom did he use? the first couple. we have to consider how the jewish audience then would have perceived it or how the bible plainly says it. there are good reason why I say what I say about the six day week. the jews based their days on the literal marking of how its recorded in genesis one. they don't start their days as we do for feast. for instance last year channukah was November 29th on most calenders when chabad.org did it it was started on sundown in Jerusalem and computer system that aligned the time when you did it with the sun down in Jerusalem so that all jews( and me) could do at the same time. so that tells me that the way they read it was meant to plain and simple.

silly me. I like it easy.

Just WOW Edward. You read a lot of Richard Hoagland's nonsense, don't you?

You threw out a lot of goofy stuff there, let me just address one thing. You mention that hubble (and astronomers in general) don't "see UFOs out in space... but people report (them)..."
That is not proof of "hyperdemensional" travel, it is simply what it is: UFOs are not flying ships from other worlds, they are simply misidentified stars/planes/ballons/satellites, etc.

Also, "Hyperdimensional" is defined as "relating to more than three dimensions". It is not a form of travel, it is hardly an actual word at all, since "more than three dimensions" is theoritical in our understanding of this universe.

I would accuse YOU of trolling, but it is sadly obvious to me that you buy this crap completely.

Oh ok, Inter-dimensional then. I never even heard of Richard Hoagland. I said all of this stuff but I have been into reading about UFO's for a long time from a slew of different sources and put it all together to form my conclusion.

I'm not trolling brother. We have Christians on here buying into the worldly crap 100% somehow, and I don't understand how that can even be. As for the UFO reports all being misidentified aircraft and so forth...I don't see how that can be with due to the sheer amount of ufo sightings and reports. There's easily thousands upon thousands of these sightings and reports. Of course a certain amount of them will be fraudulent, others will be misidentified aircraft and so forth...but this couldn't possibly account for every single one. Some are said to be confirmed reports and even tracked on radar. They have astronauts reporting them, pilots, and have the astronauts on tape reporting alien craft observing them. These people are highly credible and educated people, not Joe blow from the trailer park. There's something to this stuff.

I don't believe in ufo's. if so then well wouldn't the blood have to atone for them too? are they accursed? see where that nonsense goes? im not saying they don't exist either, just that I don't see the need to sit and wonder if there is life besides us? we know that isn't the case. for we were made in the image of god

so you know how God should have created - btw Adam was created appx aged 25 at birth and Eve was created after him as God did not want her telling Him how it should be done - twinc

Huh? brother, I have no idea what you're talking about or what your point is...:confused

I don't believe in ufo's. if so then well wouldn't the blood have to atone for them too? are they accursed? see where that nonsense goes? im not saying they don't exist either, just that I don't see the need to sit and wonder if there is life besides us? we know that isn't the case. for we were made in the image of god

I know you probably wont believe this, but, the book of Enoch says that the spirits of the dead Nephilim are the evil spirits and demons, that's where they evil spirits and demons came from. They are accursed and can never be redeemed and are stuck on the earth until judgment day. If you'll remember the bible, evil spirits or demons are always looking for embodiment, someone to possess. The theory goes that since God banished the fallen Angels who cohabited with our women to Tartarus, that they fear doing the same thing again with our women, so they are now doing it genetically, and that's where the "aliens" come in. Their the modern day Nephilim. I believe that. The cattle mutilations and abductions where they toy with peoples reproductive systems is them doing this and gathering genetic material to work with.

I know this is far out stuff, and hard to believe...but, truth can be stranger than fiction. We do know that it is a spiritual war and we deal with unseen forces here on earth, so it's plausible.

I know you probably wont believe this, but, the book of Enoch says that the spirits of the dead Nephilim are the evil spirits and demons, that's where they evil spirits and demons came from. They are accursed and can never be redeemed and are stuck on the earth until judgment day. If you'll remember the bible, evil spirits or demons are always looking for embodiment, someone to possess. The theory goes that since God banished the fallen Angels who cohabited with our women to Tartarus, that they fear doing the same thing again with our women, so they are now doing it genetically, and that's where the "aliens" come in. Their the modern day Nephilim. I believe that. The cattle mutilations and abductions where they toy with peoples reproductive systems is them doing this and gathering genetic material to work with.

I know this is far out stuff, and hard to believe...but, truth can be stranger than fiction. We do know that it is a spiritual war and we deal with unseen forces here on earth, so it's plausible.
well even the out there at times Chassidic jews with the Zohar which has some odd things in it doesn't buy that. besides tarturus is for man. not the angels. abyssos is the word used for where the fallen angels are. abyssos and tarturus are two different locations.

well even the out there at times Chassidic jews with the Zohar which has some odd things in it doesn't buy that. besides tarturus is for man. not the angels. abyssos is the word used for where the fallen angels are. abyssos and tarturus are two different locations.

Oh. I may have that wrong then. But I do know that they were put in some sort of pit. Enoch says that the leaders of the fallen Angels had to con the others into doing it because they feared God and the punishment for doing it. SO maybe they're doing it genetically now, as a loophole of sorts?

the idea of abysso in greek thought is a place of chains, so that there is no movement nor talking.
hades has an aspect of that but abyssos should sound familiar as it the word where we get abyss from.

the idea of abysso in greek thought is a place of chains, so that there is no movement nor talking.
hades has an aspect of that but abyssos should sound familiar as it the word where we get abyss from.

Yeah, I get those confused sometimes and am going from memory here so I'll take your word for that. :)

Yeah, I get those confused sometimes and am going from memory here so I'll take your word for that. :)
a pastor was teaching on the war with the enemy and went into that. the idea is when the demons fell from the heaven places where where they sent . I believe another pastor teaching on revaltion also said that during the millennium the same thing. an abyssos is where satan is placed. notice in that doctrine he has no power to make man sin?

a pastor was teaching on the war with the enemy and went into that. the idea is when the demons fell from the heaven places where where they sent . I believe another pastor teaching on revaltion also said that during the millennium the same thing. an abyssos is where satan is placed. notice in that doctrine he has no power to make man sin?

So that's where Satan will be during the millenium and why he wont be able to mess with people...until he is loosed for a little while...Ok.

I notice a little emotionalism creeping into the thread by evolutionists. I may bow out now before it gets any deeper or people angry.

I notice a little emotionalism creeping into the thread by evolutionists. I may bow out now before it gets any deeper or people angry.
Not really sure I have any idea what you're talking about. Drew and I last responded to you at 1:41 PM PDT yesterday, which you didn't respond to either of our remarks. So, it seems that you have already bowed out of that discussion, which is fine with me.

I also do not see anything that denotes "emotionalism." If you'd like to talk about the evidence and the issues at present, then I am more than welcome to respond, but if you're attempting to make this personal then I have better things to do with my time.

I'm not trolling brother. We have Christians on here buying into the worldly crap 100% somehow, and I don't understand how that can even be.
Wordly crap? Okay, that's your opinion. Simply because something is accepted by scientific consensus does not make it wordly crap, it some cases, it makes it true. :tongue

. As for the UFO reports all being misidentified aircraft and so forth...I don't see how that can be with due to the sheer amount of ufo sightings and reports. There's easily thousands upon thousands of these sightings and reports. Of course a certain amount of them will be fraudulent, others will be misidentified aircraft and so forth...but this couldn't possibly account for every single one. Some are said to be confirmed reports and even tracked on radar. They have astronauts reporting them, pilots, and have the astronauts on tape reporting alien craft observing them. These people are highly credible and educated people, not Joe blow from the trailer park. There's something to this stuff.
Wait a second!!!! Double standard identified here... you are now valuing the testimonies and reports of educated people?

Here is what you said before, in case you forgot..
The biggest danger in seeking the truth is educated people. They can make deceptions sound very plausible and many believe the garbage that they spout. One thing seems clear...we can't do it alone, or with our intellect. We need God and His guidance, or we will die.

You chide us for seeking truth from educated people in regards to science, yet when so called "educated" people believe in UFOs, there is something to it?

This just boggles the mind...

Not really sure I have any idea what you're talking about. Drew and I last responded to you at 1:41 PM PDT yesterday, which you didn't respond to either of our remarks. So, it seems that you have already bowed out of that discussion, which is fine with me.

I also do not see anything that denotes "emotionalism." If you'd like to talk about the evidence and the issues at present, then I am more than welcome to respond, but if you're attempting to make this personal then I have better things to do with my time.

:lol Oh Doulos, I'm not talking about you broher, lol. :lol

This particular website promotes the work of a Dr. Osmanagich. Here is something about this person from wikipedia:

"In his book Alternative History he suggested that Hitler and other leading Nazis escaped to an underground base in Antarctica."

Again, do you stand by this web page as a credible source of information?

Never heard of that guy Drew. You wanted substantiation so I googled it and gave you the top four at random with the point being that the Smithsonian is is underhanded and 383,000 hits indicates there's something to it.

No need, I'm actually listening to college courses on this very topic lately.

A state run college? Uh-oh. And you wont ever question anything they say but just accept it as fact?

Wait a second!!!! Double standard identified here... you are now valuing the testimonies and reports of educated people?

Here is what you said before, in case you forgot..

I know what I said. Maybe you're trying to paint me as totally anti-education? No. I just don't everything I hear just because a guy might have letters after his name, lol. Besides, you guys put stock in those people so there's some of your buddies saying that it's true. :lol

I know what I said. Maybe you're trying to paint me as totally anti-education? No. I just don't everything I hear just because a guy might have letters after his name, lol. Besides, you guys put stock in those people so there's some of your buddies saying that it's true. :lol
And yet you buy the whole "hyper-dimensional" load of crap? I know you THINK you are a careful consumer of "information", Edward, but I caution that you aren't.

Maybe this weekend I can find the time to type out a more detailed response to your beliefs about UFOs (and maybe some other stuff from this thread). When it comes to UFOs, you really don't need a whole lot of science to see that UFOs are not craft from other worlds or dimensions - logic works really well.

:lol Oh Doulos, I'm not talking about you broher, lol.
When you say "evolutionists" in the plural, that seems to denote me as there have largely only been two participating in this thread.

A state run college? Uh-oh. And you wont ever question anything they say but just accept it as fact?
It's not run by the state actually. And I question any information I receive, but the great thing about these lectures is that while going through and explaining these concepts he concludes the lectures by giving the evidence for how we know, or even if we actually know. Sometimes with Cosmology, we can only make our best guess, as our knowledge of this is still improving and being clarified.

A great lecture series thus far that crosses a number of different scientific disciplines.

I don't believe someone is being totally truthful or is right simply because he's educated or has a few letters after his name. The reason I put stock in science is because it has a self-correcting mechanism within it called "peer review." No one can go around in Science and confidently claim whatever they want with regards to what is scientifically true. If they are worth their salt, they will be featured in peer reviewed journals and articles that note their findings which are there for the rest of the scientific community to also verify or refute.

I also have done enough research on my own to come the the conclusion for myself that things like the Big Bang Theory or Evolution are true, I don't just take someone's word for it.

You painting us in a fashion that we just accept what some guy says as true is rather disingenuous, and is demonstrably false.

You seem from your own words to be almost totally education, as you said, "the biggest danger is seeking truth from educated people." How much more anti-education can you get?

And yet you buy the whole "hyper-dimensional" load of crap? I know you THINK you are a careful consumer of "information", Edward, but I caution that you aren't.

Maybe this weekend I can find the time to type out a more detailed response to your beliefs about UFOs (and maybe some other stuff from this thread). When it comes to UFOs, you really don't need a whole lot of science to see that UFOs are not craft from other worlds or dimensions - logic works really well.

You're going to teach me some something, pizza man? :hysterical :thud

Cut the dose brother. Whatever it is.

When you say "evolutionists" in the plural, that seems to denote me as there have largely only been two participating in this thread.

Oh, there's more than two here brother. But you don't have quite the mouth on you than others. Your dosage is correct for discussion so I'll talk to you. :wink

It's not run by the state actually. And I question any information I receive, but the great thing about these lectures is that while going through and explaining these concepts he concludes the lectures by giving the evidence for how we know, or even if we actually know. Sometimes with Cosmology, we can only make our best guess, as our knowledge of this is still improving and being clarified.

A great lecture series thus far that crosses a number of different scientific disciplines.

I think we know some things. But in no way do I even surmise the possibility that we have it all correct, or that there is not an agenda to conceal at least portions of the real truths that are vitally important to us. I'ma not a edumacated man...but I've been reading books and chasing answers and pondering since I was pre pubescent, so I'm no idiot. Maybe some of the stuff I've come out with is far fetched at first glance...but my conclusion about evolution is that it's far fetched even at last glance.

I also have done enough research on my own to come the the conclusion for myself that things like the Big Bang Theory or Evolution are true, I don't just take someone's word for it.

You painting us in a fashion that we just accept what some guy says as true is rather disingenuous, and is demonstrably false.

Ok. Ok bring it on brother. Give me an example of observable evidences of a species changing kind. Demonstrate brother!

You seem from your own words to be almost totally education, as you said, "the biggest danger is seeking truth from educated people." How much more anti-education can you get?

Because you're not getting it. I am yay education...but I may have been the last generation to be instilled with the critical thinking skill. So when I weigh the evolution yarn against the biblical creationist yarn...evolution doesn't stand.
My conclusion.

And if you think that all those people on the podium are not saying what they're told to say, then I suggest that you may be being a wee bit naive.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back