Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dealing with the veil

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

2 Corinthians 3:14
14. But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

I will probably be busy for 8 hours and away from the internet.

This will be a chat about clean animals and the deeper/higher meaning.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Curious to see where you are going with this, but will add that 2 Corinthian 3 is all about no longer being under the letter of the law, but of the Spirit of a better covenant through Christ Jesus given us by God's grace. The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Although many try to keep that vail upon their face.

Curious to see where you are going with this, but will add that 2 Corinthian 3 is all about no longer being under the letter of the law, but of the Spirit of a better covenant through Christ Jesus given us by God's grace. The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Although many try to keep that vail upon their face.
It is actually about what the letter of the law is hiding, and what the Spirit is saying is new information relating to this day.

Do we take the Scenic route that has plants and animals that relate to our destination, or will we go by the chemical processing plants that smell bad and have no hints of our destination.

Religion sometimes is like those processing plants. They have invented all sorts of methods describing the destination. Jesus said the seed is the word of God.

In edit again I bump post every once in a while.

The seed is a book of instructions just like the Bible.

What are clean animals a type of?
They are a type of a good Bible teacher IMHO.

Let me get out of edit. Back shortly.

eddif

Last edited:
It is actually about what the letter of the law is hiding, and what the Spirit is saying is new information relating to this day.

Do we take the Scenic route that has plants and animals that relate to our destination, or will we go by the chemical processing plants that smell bad and have no hints of our destination.

Religion sometimes is like those processing plants. They have invented all sorts of methods describing the destination. Jesus said the seed is the word of God.

In edit again I bump post every once in a while.

The seed is a book of instructions just like the Bible.

What are clean animals a type of?
They are a type of a good Bible teacher IMHO.

Let me get out of edit. Back shortly.

eddif
Leviticus 11:3 kjv
3. Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

Well you do not exactly eat a preacher, but you receive spiritual nourishment from their teaching.

The oxen treads out the grain. That hoof rolls the corn just right to loosen the seed coat, but not mash and mangle the inner parts.
I tried this once before and folks thought it was unclean. This is a clean animal. LOL.

A seminary trained preacher is sometimes machinery oriented. They have all sorts of teaching methods. Sometimes they skip the law. The law can be used lawfully.
1 Timothy 1:8

The letter of the law may be gone, but the hidden meaning is still able to be found. Just have to get the veil off.

On to chewing the cud. To read a passage once may work for some folks, but a real preacher chews a long time before the truth is digested. And that digestion uses 4 stomachs. Which farmer among us can describe a cow/ox and good preacher parallels.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

While I wait for others I am looking around for what I consider relevant facts.

Young calves can not digest grass. Their digestive system is not fully developed at birth. Paul describes babes being fed milk.

It is not the cow/ox that is important. It is about us. 1 Corinthians 9:9

We. Need to mature to be able to digest the law.

The calf growth and development is written in their Genetic makeup. Much as seeds have a book o( growth written in them.

I am not trying to come up with a plan, but see the plan that is in front of us from creation.

eddif

If we muzzle the ox (Pastor/Shepard) then there is no growth and all will go into their own destruction. The ox (Pastor/Shepard) needs to eat and digest the precious seed (word of God) in order to mature and to show others the right path to follow that leads to eternal life.

This is about the different gut bacteria in yak herds in different areas.

So Paul had different things to face in different areas. The gut bacteria actually sort of have the food energy till the last stomach. Jewish believers and gentile believers digest things slightly differently?
They form one new man, but face different things. The letters to the 7 Churches show some things faced.

Surely we can not think what we understand today will work exactly the same somewhere else. Paul sent different helpers different places.

Chewing the cud gets way tough for a Mississippi redneck
eddif

So what lifts the veil? Good clean teaching, preaching etc.

The five ministry gifts to the Church? The spiritual gifts?
Recognizing that it is not our carnal mind?
Individual growth?

Understanding Jesus used parables to conceal truth from the crowds? That takes a lot of cud chewing. Any comments on digesting parables? Lifting the veil.

Deuteronomy 25:4 kjv
4. Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.

Want to start with a deeper view?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:
We are a mixed group.
Jew and gentile made into one new man.
If we do not lift the veil we lose fellowship between the two parts made into one new man.

We need to communicate.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back