Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Death of Ravi Zacharias

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

OzSpen

C F Martin D28 acoustic guitar
Indian born and leading defender of the Christian faith, Ravi Zacharias, died at his home in Atlanta on Tues, 19 May. He stated 2 months ago that he had cancer - sarcoma, an aggressive form of cancer. He was 74.

His articulate apologetics will be sorely missed but he has raised up teams of apologists around the world.

Please pray for his wife, Margie, the 3 children and 5 grandchildren.

He was converted to Christ after attempting suicide as a teen in India. He was handed a Gideon's Bible and the rest is history.

Will be praying for the family

Tessa, the impact of Ravi's ministry reverberated around the world through his MP3 and Pod casts, as well as articles and about 30 books.

He was a champion for the Christian faith. John Neufeld remembers Ravi from a lecture at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 40 years ago. This is a striking example of Ravi's impact for Jesus: Thank you Ravi Zacharias.

It was in the 1980s when I was a student in the USA that I attended a Christian & Missionary Alliance Conference where Ravi was one of the keynote speakers. Much of what he said zoomed over my head as he dealt with Christianity and philosophical topics. Since then, after much exposure to apologetics, I praise the Lord for Ravi being one of his gifted people to further the Gospel up until 19 May 2020.l

I pray his impact will continue through RZIM. He knew what it meant to equip the saints for their work of ministry.

Oz

Tessa, the impact of Ravi's ministry reverberated around the world through his MP3 and Pod casts, as well as articles and about 30 books.

He was a champion for the Christian faith. John Neufeld remembers Ravi from a lecture at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 40 years ago. This is a striking example of Ravi's impact for Jesus: Thank you Ravi Zacharias.

It was in the 1980s when I was a student in the USA that I attended a Christian & Missionary Alliance Conference where Ravi was one of the keynote speakers. Much of what he said zoomed over my head as he dealt with Christianity and philosophical topics. Since then, after much exposure to apologetics, I praise the Lord for Ravi being one of his gifted people to further the Gospel up until 19 May 2020.l

I pray his impact will continue through RZIM. He knew what it meant to equip the saints for their work of ministry.

Oz
Ozspen
Thank you for that because I had never heard of Ravi before. When I was reading the link you gave I had tears in my eyes and I feel convicted to find one of his books. Such a wonderful witness.

Ozspen
Thank you for that because I had never heard of Ravi before. When I was reading the link you gave I had tears in my eyes and I feel convicted to find one of his books. Such a wonderful witness.

Tessa,

May I suggest you start with:
  1. Jesus Among Other Gods (Nashville: Thomas Nelson 2002),
  2. Can Man Live Without God?
  3. Take a listen to an atheist scientist try to challenge Ravi Zacharias, and
  4. One he edited, Who Made God? (Zondervan 2003). This one deals with lots of short topics on 'tough questions of faith' by other leading apologists.
  5. I have not year read, Jesus Among Secular Gods.
  6. Visit the Ravi Zacharias YouTube Channel.
You'll find lots of clips, presentations and debates by Ravi online, especially on YouTube.

Oz

Last edited:
Ravi was once known as God's smuggler as he smuggled Bibles into the communist USSR.

He has been a very brazen and outspoken man of God for decades.

He has tried to accomplish every form of ministry out there.

K
Tessa,

May I suggest you start with:
  1. Jesus Among Other Gods (Nashville: Thomas Nelson 2002),
  2. Can Man Live Without God?
  3. Take a listen to an atheist scientist try to challenge Ravi Zacharias, and
  4. One he edited, Who Made God? (Zondervan 2003). This one deals with lots of short topics on 'tough questions of faith' by other leading apologists.
  5. I have not year read, Jesus Among Secular Gods.
  6. Visit the Ravi Zacharias YouTube Channel.
You'll find lots of clips, presentations and debates by Ravi online, especially on YouTube.

Oz

Thank you for helping me. I am going to look for the first one you have listed. I will keep the list, and tomorrow I will visit the links.

Ravi was once known as God's smuggler as he smuggled Bibles into the communist USSR.

He has been a very brazen and outspoken man of God for decades.

He has tried to accomplish every form of ministry out there.
What a great example he must have been. His work will live on though.

he was in ordained by the Christian and missionary alliance. He was also spoke a few times in my hometown.

Jason,

I'm also ordained with the Christian & Missionary Alliance of Australia. However, this old fella is now retired.

Oz

It's quite possible that I'm mistaken but I could have sworn that Ravi had smuggled some bibles into Russia at some point. (At least he claimed to have)I remember hearing the story as a young teenager 40-something years ago. He was just starting his ministry then. I was living in Idaho and listening to him on the AM radio. It wasn't the point of the speech he was giving just mentioned as he was an apologist even then. (Which is why I was listening)
Now this isn't out of character for him....he liked being sensational and exaggerating the truth at times...stealing a bit of thunder of Andrew's...I can believe it.

Its quite possible as he was in Canada at the time.

Indian born and leading defender of the Christian faith, Ravi Zacharias, died at his home in Atlanta on Tues, 19 May. He stated 2 months ago that he had cancer - sarcoma, an aggressive form of cancer. He was 74.

His articulate apologetics will be sorely missed but he has raised up teams of apologists around the world.

Please pray for his wife, Margie, the 3 children and 5 grandchildren.

He was converted to Christ after attempting suicide as a teen in India. He was handed a Gideon's Bible and the rest is history.

I have just viewed an amazing interview with Ravi Zacharias in which he stated: 'God conquers through pain & suffering'. He gave personal examples from his own life. This interview gave me a fresh understanding of the greatness of this man of God.

Do you see that, the devil oppresses and works harder to stop and deter Gods chosen ones. If its not personal issues, it is suicidal and severe mental issues. It seems the devil makes educated guesses on who are Gods chosen ones and works harder to bring them down.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back