Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Diets - why?

Which diet are you?

• I don't eat meat or dairy (vegan)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a "normal" diet and eat both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nick

Are you a vegetarian? Or someone that just eats meat (not sure what the word is). And why? I'd be interested to know people's reasons.
Poll is included.

I think you are referring to carnivore as one who just eats meat, animal products. That's what cats are for example. It just kills me when someone goes contrary to nature and tries to make their cats herbivores.

Man is omnivorous (eating both) as are some animals such as a raccoon. It's all how the digestive system is wired. If one tries to go one way or the other, an imbalance causing malnutrition and digestive trouble may occur.

I am omnivorous. The reason is biblical. I am allowed by the Lord to eat that, as long as it's Kosher and such food is not unhealthy and in fact, is needed.

tim_from_pa said:
I think you are referring to carnivore as one who just eats meat, animal products. That's what cats are for example. It just kills me when someone goes contrary to nature and tries to make their cats herbivores.

Man is omnivorous (eating both) as are some animals such as a raccoon. It's all how the digestive system is wired. If one tries to go one way or the other, an imbalance causing malnutrition and digestive trouble may occur.

I am omnivorous. The reason is biblical. I am allowed by the Lord to eat that, as long as it's Kosher and such food is not unhealthy and in fact, is needed.
Well yes, I recognise that God made us omnivores, that's why I am one. :) I don't understand why some people don't want to eat meat or veggies or whatever. Interesting to find out why.

i eat more meat then veggies, are you aware that some vegans are even agianst drinking cow's milk :screwloose Nick and Tim if you seen my response to one on fb you will see the reasoning behind those two.

I guess to them a starving person in the third who has little to eat, should only what little veggies he has.
Nothing wrong with being vegan, I just hate the holier then thou attitude some have.

Dont you live on a farm or have livestock? i seem to recall you eating those eggs that are fresh from the chicken coup.

jasoncran said:
Dont you live on a farm or have livestock? i seem to recall you eating those eggs that are fresh from the chicken coup.
No, I don't live on a farm. I live in a suburban house, but it has got a fair amount of land (950 square metres). We used to have chickens. Their eggs were pretty good. Now we buy free range from the supermarket.

Nick_29 said:
jasoncran said:
No, I don't live on a farm. I live in a suburban house, but it has got a fair amount of land (950 square metres). We used to have chickens. Their eggs were pretty good. Now we buy free range from the supermarket.
That's alot of land, One click is pretty large to walk around, I would say that is over 10 acres.

jasoncran said:
Nick_29 said:
jasoncran said:
That's alot of land, One click is pretty large to walk around, I would say that is over 10 acres.
Nowhere near 10 acres.....it's about 900 square metres. It's large for a suburban block, but it's still not that large.

That's alot of land, One click is pretty large to walk around, I would say that is over 10 acres.[/quote]
Nowhere near 10 acres.....it's about 900 square metres. It's large for a suburban block, but it's still not that large.[/quote]
uh that's larger then 10 acres, i should know, i grid square on the map, that is a little larger then your property. The grid square is 1 square kilometer.

Nick_29 said:
Well yes, I recognise that God made us omnivores, that's why I am one. :) I don't understand why some people don't want to eat meat or veggies or whatever. Interesting to find out why.

I eat both; however, I have toyed and seriously considered being a vegetarian. Maybe ultimately vegan.

Why?

I never ate a chicken wing because the bones made me sick. I could not wrap my mind around the fact that ewwww you're eating the muscle off the bone of a living (well once-living) thing. My first wing was eaten when I was 18.

Thanksgiving, I could never look at the turkey until it was carved.

My imagination is waaaay too active. I see it looking like a bird, I see it alive and I get all sad and "I can't eat that!"

I'm so weird, I know! :tongue

Hubby won't let me not eat meat, which is fine I mean I love me some steak and chicken and turkey...

We have, however, switched to free-range eggs and the like. The conditions of the commercial meat farms make me sick. We're all about supporting local farmers, humanely treated cattle and livestock. (and yes, I am also against puppy mills and pet stores, I am not a hypocrite!)

krazy_kurly said:
[quote="Nick_29":125v49n2]Well yes, I recognise that God made us omnivores, that's why I am one. :) I don't understand why some people don't want to eat meat or veggies or whatever. Interesting to find out why.

I eat both; however, I have toyed and seriously considered being a vegetarian. Maybe ultimately vegan.

Why?

I never ate a chicken wing because the bones made me sick. I could not wrap my mind around the fact that ewwww you're eating the muscle off the bone of a living (well once-living) thing. My first wing was eaten when I was 18.

Thanksgiving, I could never look at the turkey until it was carved.

My imagination is waaaay too active. I see it looking like a bird, I see it alive and I get all sad and "I can't eat that!"

I'm so weird, I know! :tongue

Hubby won't let me not eat meat, which is fine I mean I love me some steak and chicken and turkey...

We have, however, switched to free-range eggs and the like. The conditions of the commercial meat farms make me sick. We're all about supporting local farmers, humanely treated cattle and livestock. (and yes, I am also against puppy mills and pet stores, I am not a hypocrite!)[/quote:125v49n2]
Your like one of my brothers - he just thinks of fish or any white meat (for some reason) and gets repulsed by it, but for some reason slaying a clow doesn't make him feel sick.

My imagination doesn't do anything at all - I could watch them skin a cow and then serve me its meat and I'd still eat it.

Probably. :lol

But I guess it's just our individual immagination.

We only buy free-range eggs as well....I've seen some of the horrible conditions they keep some of the others in. Free range tastes better as well, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Nick_29 said:
Your like one of my brothers - he just thinks of fish or any white meat (for some reason) and gets repulsed by it, but for some reason slaying a clow doesn't make him feel sick.

My imagination doesn't do anything at all - I could watch them skin a cow and then serve me its meat and I'd still eat it.

Probably. :lol

But I guess it's just our individual immagination.

We only buy free-range eggs as well....I've seen some of the horrible conditions they keep some of the others in. Free range tastes better as well, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

*gag* I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...yes, it must be a difference in our imaginations! :nag

I think diets are a habit. What ever a person gets used to, they will end up liking. I used to love to eat meat and could not imagine living with out it. But once I studied about flesh eating a little my brain started to refuse it. After a little while I got used to eating veggies and now I enjoy them a lot and can not imagine eating meats. :biggrin

My diet is only limited by food allergies.... but I have no problems with people who choose to eat however they want to. I don't force my diet on others, and I don't believe others should force theirs on me. But I am very respectful of others and their diets, and I would ask the same of them with mine. If I was having someone over for dinner who was a vegetarian, I'd be sure to find out what is okay and not okay for them and I would cook accordingly. For me, I don't limit my own family to my diet. I cook many things for them that I am not able to eat because of my allergies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back