Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

do i have to be happy, joyful appearance

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

iwll42

So, I've been wondering, is it expected from christian to act wholly joyful at all times.
I mean, do teens need to be joyful like some older black lady (that's first association I get when you mention joyful christian, they get all happy nappy, " that's right",.. 🤣 .

Jesus was meek in spirit and had that default quick to smile as you would say and provide peace and healing.

In that kind a way, should we also be that way ? And if we're not, does it mean we're unfaithful. What if we face too much tribulations, you can't expect from depressed person to smile more. It wont work. Even if Bible says so.

is it expected from christian to act wholly joyful at all times.

Well as you've implied yes many Christians expect one to stick a " Christian ear to ear grimace " on one's face and keep it there while in church.

That is not what the bible teaches.
As Christians we know we have a place with Jesus reserved for us, death is not the end.
That we are at peace with God and because of this we can know a deep joy in our lives.

This has nothing to do with whether we look happy or not.

The Christian grimace is a reluctance to be open and honest about our lives, induced by false teaching about Christian joyfullness.
Yes Paul wrote " consider it pure joy when you face persecution for your faith."
Many of them would not survive this, he was being brutally practical.

As for us today in our largely comfortable lives, we should be honest with God about our problems and honest with our fellow believers, if we are to share in their joys and sorrows we have to know about them and that means honesty.

So, I've been wondering, is it expected from christian to act wholly joyful at all times.
I mean, do teens need to be joyful like some older black lady (that's first association I get when you mention joyful christian, they get all happy nappy, " that's right",.. 🤣 .

Jesus was meek in spirit and had that default quick to smile as you would say and provide peace and healing.

In that kind a way, should we also be that way ? And if we're not, does it mean we're unfaithful. What if we face too much tribulations, you can't expect from depressed person to smile more. It wont work. Even if Bible says so.
Hey All,
Be who you are,at the time you are, for Christ. If you act phony, people will see it for the lie it is. Let your honest feelings show and let God use them for His glory.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

As a child of God we should always be happy, joyful and grateful for God's mercy and grace as we keep the peace of God within us no matter what tries to come against us. But, the flesh is weak as we face many different situations like those various tribulations we face most everyday that play on our emotions in this world that can cause anger, fear and doubt, but the Spirit of God in us is greater than the flesh as flesh is enmity (hostile enemy) against the Spirit, Romans 8:1-17.

Always remember that greater is He (Jesus) that is in you then he (Satan) that is in the world. 1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

No.
How happy was Jesus while He hung on that cross ?
Stephen or Paul while they were being stoned ?
We Christians have plenty to be happy for that the unbelievers lack.
But even being aware of that isn't a reason to be happy nappy all the time.

Now I want to take a nap. 🛏️

As a child of God we should always be happy, joyful and grateful for God's mercy and grace as we keep the peace of God within us no matter what tries to come against us. But, the flesh is weak as we face many different situations like those various tribulations we face most everyday that play on our emotions in this world that can cause anger, fear and doubt, but the Spirit of God in us is greater than the flesh as flesh is enmity (hostile enemy) against the Spirit, Romans 8:1-17.

Always remember that greater is He (Jesus) that is in you then he (Satan) that is in the world. 1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
I've been wondering whether puritanism is a bad influence that has warped the view of Christianity. Puritanism was known as the antithesis of happiness, joy and gratitude, it forbade most forms of entertainment, especially on sex and alcohol, even though in the OT both are blessings from God, neither is inheritantly evil, only overindulgence of which is condemned because adultery and drunkenness would cause harm. It fills you with grief and sorrow, as though you were the mob, the scoffers and the soldiers who put Jesus to death, and you must live in penance and regret to atone for your sins - even though Jesus had done that on the cross!

I've been wondering whether puritanism is a bad influence that has warped the view of Christianity. Puritanism was known as the antithesis of happiness, joy and gratitude, it forbade most forms of entertainment, especially on sex and alcohol, even though in the OT both are blessings from God, neither is inheritantly evil, only overindulgence of which is condemned because adultery and drunkenness would cause harm. It fills you with grief and sorrow, as though you were the mob, the scoffers and the soldiers who put Jesus to death, and you must live in penance and regret to atone for your sins - even though Jesus had done that on the cross!
There are so many sects in this world, but yet only one true God of all creation who gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write and only there will we learn happiness and joy, even while going through trials and tribulations.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

There are so many sects in this world, but yet only one true God of all creation who gave to the Prophets and Apostles to write and only there will we learn happiness and joy, even while going through trials and tribulations.
What I'm describing is not some weird esoteric teaching from one paricular sect, it's the overarching Platonistic philosophy of "mind over matter", that instead of a holy temple, the body is a prison of the spirit, the mortal body is the sinful flesh, the spirit within is of heavenle essence. We have to weaken the body, deprive it of any kind of pleasure, even necessary sustenancein order to awaken the spirit, to set it free, transcend the physical boundaries and connect with God, and only then can we feel true happiness and joy. And in this logic, it is virtuous to be starving, penniless and celibate, because food, wealth and sex are sinful desires of the flesh, those are cares of this world that distract you from God, you must deny all of those and suffer like Christ, for He suffered for your sin. This sounds very pious, but it's not really biblical. God wants us to be happy and enjoy His creation as much as He wanted the Israelites to be happy and enjoy the Holy Land, this had been a common understanding in Judaism. Even in early Christianity, one of the deadly sins was SADNESS, that failing to enjoy and celebrate God's creation is a sin. Christ didn't stay dead in the grave, he rose from the dead and ascend into heaven, that is worth of celebration.

What I'm describing is not some weird esoteric teaching from one paricular sect, it's the overarching Platonistic philosophy of "mind over matter", that instead of a holy temple, the body is a prison of the spirit, the mortal body is the sinful flesh, the spirit within is of heavenle essence. We have to weaken the body, deprive it of any kind of pleasure, even necessary sustenancein order to awaken the spirit, to set it free, transcend the physical boundaries and connect with God, and only then can we feel true happiness and joy. And in this logic, it is virtuous to be starving, penniless and celibate, because food, wealth and sex are sinful desires of the flesh, those are cares of this world that distract you from God, you must deny all of those and suffer like Christ, for He suffered for your sin. This sounds very pious, but it's not really biblical. God wants us to be happy and enjoy His creation as much as He wanted the Israelites to be happy and enjoy the Holy Land, this had been a common understanding in Judaism. Even in early Christianity, one of the deadly sins was SADNESS, that failing to enjoy and celebrate God's creation is a sin. Christ didn't stay dead in the grave, he rose from the dead and ascend into heaven, that is worth of celebration.
As a true child of God we do not follow Platonistic philosophy of Plato. There is no mind over matter when it comes to obedience in Christ Jesus. The body without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is already a prisoner to sin and the wages of sin is death. The flesh is weak, but the Spirit is strong within us as we do not have to waken the Spirit that is in us, but to let the Holy Spirit lead us in all things that will bring us joy overflowing. God does not want us to be starving or without provision. There is nothing wrong with having money that can buy us nice things, but the sin is when we put those things above God as they become and idol and will be own downfall.

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

No. You should be yourself. You're not always going to be happy. It doesn't mean you should begin to cry on every shoulder you see. But faking being happy when you're not usually leads to an even greater sense of unhappiness.

As a true child of God we do not follow Platonistic philosophy of Plato. There is no mind over matter when it comes to obedience in Christ Jesus. The body without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is already a prisoner to sin and the wages of sin is death. The flesh is weak, but the Spirit is strong within us as we do not have to waken the Spirit that is in us, but to let the Holy Spirit lead us in all things that will bring us joy overflowing. God does not want us to be starving or without provision. There is nothing wrong with having money that can buy us nice things, but the sin is when we put those things above God as they become and idol and will be own downfall.
This Platonistic philosophy is deeply embedded in most people's worldview, it has been mixed into Christianiaty since the early church period. I myself is a victim of this mentality even though I'm acutely aware of it and I'm here exposing it. I was born and raised in a nice middle class family, I've been blessed with all the necessities and niceties in life, and yet I'm been living like a monk for more than a decade, I could hardly enjoy anything, most of my money is just sitting on the bank account. I couldn't help but feel guilty and insecure, that I don't deserve any nice things, I didn't earn any of it. If I so recklessly let go and enjoy it, I would lose control, I would lose myself, and there's a heavy price I'm gonna pay someday.

This Platonistic philosophy is deeply embedded in most people's worldview, it has been mixed into Christianiaty since the early church period. I myself is a victim of this mentality even though I'm acutely aware of it and I'm here exposing it. I was born and raised in a nice middle class family, I've been blessed with all the necessities and niceties in life, and yet I'm been living like a monk for more than a decade, I could hardly enjoy anything, most of my money is just sitting on the bank account. I couldn't help but feel guilty and insecure, that I don't deserve any nice things, I didn't earn any of it. If I so recklessly let go and enjoy it, I would lose control, I would lose myself, and there's a heavy price I'm gonna pay someday.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Platonistic philosophy is of the world and we are not to conform to any worldly ways, but to be transformed from this world and be that faithful and fruitful servant of God. You were blessed to be brought up in a good family that were well off, but many of us were brought up poor and had to struggle for our necessities. It's not money that is the root of evil, but the love of money that is the root of evil. It's your choice to live like a monk and be miserable as you are following your own will separate from the will of God you need to be following. Even if you have money in the bank what good is that money if you are not going to be a good steward over it by helping others in need. You need to read the parable of the five talents in Matthew 25:14-30 and what happened to the one that buried his one talent like you are doing.

There is no reason a true child of God should not be happy and joyful if they are filled with the Holy Spirit and walking in God's will for their life. Many, including Christians, can get so caught up with the affairs of this world as they play the poor pity me card taking their focus off of God as they choose to dwell in misery instead of doing something to better themselves.

I know what living paycheck to paycheck is and struggling to make ends meet, but now my husband and I have been blessed with much, but that came with a price as my husband was in a bad auto accident a few years ago and received a large settlement. But, on the downside he is permanently disable as well as myself in which I have been for over twenty years. We have more joy and happiness then ever before because now we have been blessed to help others in need. It's not to say we do not get down at times because of our disabilities that causes pain in our bodies, but we never allow Satan to still our joy and happiness. God has given all of us life, but it's up to us in what we will do with it.

Platonistic philosophy is of the world and we are not to conform to any worldly ways, but to be transformed from this world and be that faithful and fruitful servant of God.
No, I'm afraid you don't get it, ma'am. Platonistic philosophy is the opposite of that, it's a form of escapism, to avoid hardship and difficulties in real life by disconnecting from it, let it all fade away as though it didn't exist, and withdraw into your own spiritual realm. There's a line in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella that puts it in this way: "in my own little corner in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be." And the way I see it, "not to conform to this world" is simply having that "own little corner and own little chair" replaced with the kingdom of Christ. If we're not to conform to this world, then why should we get married and have children instead of remaining single and free to serve God (1 Cor. 7:32-33)? Why should we be ambitious and strive harder in our career instead of being content with the status quo (1 Cor. 7:20, 27)? Why should we care about any evil and injustice in the world instead of ignoring them and yielding them to the Lord, letting God take care of it (Rom. 12:19)?

No, I'm afraid you don't get it, ma'am. Platonistic philosophy is the opposite of that, it's a form of escapism, to avoid hardship and difficulties in real life by disconnecting from it, let it all fade away as though it didn't exist, and withdraw into your own spiritual realm. There's a line in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella that puts it in this way: "in my own little corner in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be." And the way I see it, "not to conform to this world" is simply having that "own little corner and own little chair" replaced with the kingdom of Christ. If we're not to conform to this world, then why should we get married and have children instead of remaining single and free to serve God (1 Cor. 7:32-33)? Why should we be ambitious and strive harder in our career instead of being content with the status quo (1 Cor. 7:20, 27)? Why should we care about any evil and injustice in the world instead of ignoring them and yielding them to the Lord, letting God take care of it (Rom. 12:19)?
No, I feel you do not get it by how you are hiding your light under a bushel, unless your light has burned out. I have no idea what your relationship with Christ is, but if we are hiding His word from the world as we evade our enemies then we are no servants of His.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

No, I feel you do not get it by how you are hiding your light under a bushel, unless your light has burned out. I have no idea what your relationship with Christ is, but if we are hiding His word from the world as we evade our enemies then we are no servants of His.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Yes, but you didn't answer these three questions: Why should we seek marriage and children? Why should we advance in our worldly, secular careers? Why should we stand up to evil and injustice in the world? There're scriptural instructions against all three:

But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction. (1 Cor. 7:32-35)

Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called. Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it. For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called. (1 Cor. 7:20-24)

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. (Rom. 12:17-19)

Yes, but you didn't answer these three questions: Why should we seek marriage and children? Why should we advance in our worldly, secular careers? Why should we stand up to evil and injustice in the world? There're scriptural instructions against all three:

But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction. (1 Cor. 7:32-35)

Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called. Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it. For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called. (1 Cor. 7:20-24)

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. (Rom. 12:17-19)
No one has to seek marriage or have children, but it was God's plan in the beginning with Adam and Eve as God joined them together and told them to be fruitful and multiply in order to populate the world, Genesis 1:28. If one wants to
stay a virgin or decides to marry God has given us instructions for both, Ephesians 5:1-33 and 2Corinthians 6:14:16.

We need to advance in our jobs, not to make ourselves rich, but in order to provide for our necessities and to further the ministry of Christ here on earth as part of the Spiritual gifts is helping others in need, Matthew 25:31-46; 1Corinthians 12:28.

We do not stand up to evil and the injustice in this world, but to put on the full armour of God to be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, Ephesians 6:10-20.

Our cares need to be for others as we serve a God full of mercy and grace who cares for all of us whether we are married or not as God must always come first. We all have certain callings from God, and again whether married or single the works of the Lord has to come first.

We are no longer slaves to sin, but are slaves/servants of God, Romans 6:15-23.

We are to love and pray for our enemies, Matthew 5:43-48.

Our cares need to be for others as we serve a God full of mercy and grace who cares for all of us whether we are married or not as God must always come first. We all have certain callings from God, and again whether married or single the works of the Lord has to come first.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that "no one has to seek marriage or have children", but why do Christians and other religious folks overwhelmingly value family over career? In theory, marriage and kids are for the secular, worldly people, Jesus taught that celibacy is a blessing (Matt. 19:12-13) and worthy disciples love him more than anybody else (Lk. 14:26); Paul taught that marriage is a distraction and status quo be maintained, we should serve the Lord as monks and nuns as "the Lord has to come first". And consider that we're living in an anti-family, anti-natalism and pro-feminism culture where kids are huge burdens, career is valued over family, divorce rate is sky high, and marriage viewed as an "oppressive patriarchal institution", there's zero incentive to go against the tide and seek marriage, and there's no teaching in the bible that encourages singles to actively seek a partner.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that "no one has to seek marriage or have children", but why do Christians and other religious folks overwhelmingly value family over career? In theory, marriage and kids are for the secular, worldly people, Jesus taught that celibacy is a blessing (Matt. 19:12-13) and worthy disciples love him more than anybody else (Lk. 14:26); Paul taught that marriage is a distraction and status quo be maintained, we should serve the Lord as monks and nuns as "the Lord has to come first". And consider that we're living in an anti-family, anti-natalism and pro-feminism culture where kids are huge burdens, career is valued over family, divorce rate is sky high, and marriage viewed as an "oppressive patriarchal institution", there's zero incentive to go against the tide and seek marriage, and there's no teaching in the bible that encourages singles to actively seek a partner.
It's God first, then family and a job is that which provides for our family and to help further the ministry of God here on earth. Why would you not think that is the way we value the love of God who first joined man and woman together as one, Genesis 1:26-27; 2:18-25. It has nothing to do with material treasures so many love to store up for themselves here on earth or hoarding money in a bank where it would be better to used for good.

I don't know if Paul was ever married as there are only theories that he was, but Peter was married, but it did not hinder his ministry, Mark 1:30. Paul never taught that marriage is a distraction and that we should serve Him as monks and nuns. You will have to show me scripture for that. Matthew 19:1-12 is teaching about divorce, not poverty and celibacy as poverty and celibacy is not God's choice for us, but that of what mans chooses to do in their effort to be close to God. Read what Paul wrote in 1Corinthians 7:1-16 about the principles of marriage. What joy and happiness is there locking yourself away from the world when we are all called to take the Gospel of good news through out the world.

You also need to read Matthew 19:14-15 that is the full context of verses 12-13. Go look up what a eunuch is as it's one who chooses to castrate themselves or have been castrated by the hands of others and live like a monk separate from the world. Please show me in scripture where we are to live a life of poverty and celabacy as God wants to bless us with many blessings

The Sermon on the Mount is how God blesses both faithful individuals and those who are married that walk in the Spirit as their children are also blessed unto Christ Jesus. It speaks nothing about needing to be poor or never getting married.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
The Beatitudes
Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Salt and Light

It's God first, then family and a job is that which provides for our family and to help further the ministry of God here on earth. Why would you not think that is the way we value the love of God who first joined man and woman together as one, Genesis 1:26-27; 2:18-25. It has nothing to do with material treasures so many love to store up for themselves here on earth or hoarding money in a bank where it would be better to used for good.

I don't know if Paul was ever married as there are only theories that he was, but Peter was married, but it did not hinder his ministry, Mark 1:30. Paul never taught that marriage is a distraction and that we should serve Him as monks and nuns. You will have to show me scripture for that. Matthew 19:1-12 is teaching about divorce, not poverty and celibacy as poverty and celibacy is not God's choice for us, but that of what mans chooses to do in their effort to be close to God. Read what Paul wrote in 1Corinthians 7:1-16 about the principles of marriage. What joy and happiness is there locking yourself away from the world when we are all called to take the Gospel of good news through out the world.

You also need to read Matthew 19:14-15 that is the full context of verses 12-13. Go look up what a eunuch is as it's one who chooses to castrate themselves or have been castrated by the hands of others and live like a monk separate from the world. Please show me in scripture where we are to live a life of poverty and celabacy as God wants to bless us with many blessings

The Sermon on the Mount is how God blesses both faithful individuals and those who are married that walk in the Spirit as their children are also blessed unto Christ Jesus. It speaks nothing about needing to be poor or never getting married.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
The Beatitudes
Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Salt and Light
Nonethelss, Jesus was never married; He had a lot of women following him, but he never had romantic attachment with any of them. Both Peter and Paul left their old married life behind to follow Jesus till they were martyred at the end. Our ultimate marriage was with Jesus in heaven, Jesus was our bridegroom, any earthly romance is just a poor earthly imitation of that. In Paul's teaching, marriage is merely allowed, not preferred; singleness is preferred, as Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 7:8, so we can serve God without cares of this world, and set our eyes on eternal marriage with the Lamb instead of temporary earthly marriage.

I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. (KJV)
But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am. (NKJV)
To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. (ESV)

Nonethelss, Jesus was never married; He had a lot of women following him, but he never had romantic attachment with any of them. Both Peter and Paul left their old married life behind to follow Jesus till they were martyred at the end. Our ultimate marriage was with Jesus in heaven, Jesus was our bridegroom, any earthly romance is just a poor earthly imitation of that. In Paul's teaching, marriage is merely allowed, not preferred; singleness is preferred, as Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 7:8, so we can serve God without cares of this world, and set our eyes on eternal marriage with the Lamb instead of temporary earthly marriage.

I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. (KJV)
But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am. (NKJV)
To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. (ESV)
I'm sorry, but this is all foolishness and so against the word of God.

Gods' grand design was for man to take care of the earth and have dominion over all living things. God knew this was to big a job for one man so he created man a helpmate and called her woman. The two were to multiply and replenish the earth with more helpers to till the land and help take care of Gods creation, Genesis 1, 2.

Gods will for woman was to be a helpmate to the man in every way, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically. She was also created to bare the generations to come. A woman was not greater or less than the man, but was his equal.

Within perfection soon came imperfection when woman was deceived and disobeyed what God told her and man not to eat of. Man did not take his spiritual authority over the woman and now sin had entered into the hearts of all man and woman and they hid themselves from the voice of God. As the population grew and sin ran ramped laws had to be added for the transgressions. God saw that the people needed guidance to come back to him for so many fell away from the voice of God. The more immortality gave place to the adding of more laws until man twisted the laws of God and created new ones to justify their deeds. There are now over 613 Levitical or Mosaic laws that were given to the Israelite to follow, Exodus 20:1-17.

There is no place in the Bible that constitutes having to have a marriage license. Man incorporated this into the law. In the Hebrew tradition a mohar or dowry was paid to the father of the bride by the groom in exchange for the daughter, Exodus 22:17. Genesis 2:23-25 explains the bond of marriage. The two are united as one in the eyes of God. Ephesians 5:22-29 wives are to submit to their husbands as unto the Lord for the husband is the spiritual head of the wife. Man is the provider and protector of his family. Husbands, you are to love your wives like Christ loves his church. This is an unconditional love that looks on the inside of a person and not the adorning of the outside. It is a love with a pure heart.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back