Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Do You?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

th1b.taylor

Matt. 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

Today, likely as always, there are to many two faced Christians in the Churches and on the web. Jesus came to call out a people to worship the Father and for no other reason. God created man to fellowship with and we find this is the Creation Story when God walked in the cool of the evening with Adam. This one thing is also what Jesus came to restore.

But we are not Adam, we wear clothes, shoes and some of us wear hats today. But just as Adam was available to God any day at any time, so must we be. God has not, anywhere in the sixty-six books that compose the Bible, called us to worship Him, just one day a week. Mark 12:30 "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." Today the Worship Services are filled with folks calling the name of the Christ for their own that believe in and promote abortion, theft, robbery, breaking and entering and anything up to and including rape and murder, just as long as you go to Church on Sunday.

That is not Christianity, that is religion and Jesus did not come to set one more religion into place, He came to die for the sins I and you have committed, to pay the debt we owe God that we will be allowed to stand right there, at the foot of God’s Throne without the fear of our transgressions. Today and from the time just after Jesus rose into Heaven, the true Christian is filled with the Holy Spirit.

This is not an option, it is a fact and no Holy Spirit to walk you through this life and you are not saved, period! In 1Thes 5:19 we see that we can quench the Spirit because as followers of God, that Spirit is part of the package that comes with salvation but I can tell you, you do not want to do that, it does not please the Father and it is a frightful thing to find oneself in the hands of an angry God.

Once you are saved, God goes everywhere you go and you must remember that. If you go to a bar, God is there with you. If you go to the XXX Movies, God is there with you. When you love your kids and your wife, God is there with you. Everything you do, say, or think, God is there with you. When I walked out of the World, I walked out on all of it and I do my best never to forget who it is that is guiding me on this journey.

Do you?

When we stand, honestly, before Him, at ANY time in our lives, this is how we stand:

Hebrews 10:
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

When we see ourselves, honestly, it might always give pause.

When we engage others, we might see them honestly as well.

It's not as easy as whitewashing ourselves, to cover up the obvious.

Honesty paints an honest picture.

A Whole Heart means exactly that.

Matt. 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

Today, likely as always, there are to many two faced Christians in the Churches and on the web. Jesus came to call out a people to worship the Father and for no other reason. God created man to fellowship with and we find this is the Creation Story when God walked in the cool of the evening with Adam. This one thing is also what Jesus came to restore.

But we are not Adam, we wear clothes, shoes and some of us wear hats today. But just as Adam was available to God any day at any time, so must we be. God has not, anywhere in the sixty-six books that compose the Bible, called us to worship Him, just one day a week. Mark 12:30 "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." Today the Worship Services are filled with folks calling the name of the Christ for their own that believe in and promote abortion, theft, robbery, breaking and entering and anything up to and including rape and murder, just as long as you go to Church on Sunday.

That is not Christianity, that is religion and Jesus did not come to set one more religion into place, He came to die for the sins I and you have committed, to pay the debt we owe God that we will be allowed to stand right there, at the foot of God’s Throne without the fear of our transgressions. Today and from the time just after Jesus rose into Heaven, the true Christian is filled with the Holy Spirit.

This is not an option, it is a fact and no Holy Spirit to walk you through this life and you are not saved, period! In 1Thes 5:19 we see that we can quench the Spirit because as followers of God, that Spirit is part of the package that comes with salvation but I can tell you, you do not want to do that, it does not please the Father and it is a frightful thing to find oneself in the hands of an angry God.

Once you are saved, God goes everywhere you go and you must remember that. If you go to a bar, God is there with you. If you go to the XXX Movies, God is there with you. When you love your kids and your wife, God is there with you. Everything you do, say, or think, God is there with you. When I walked out of the World, I walked out on all of it and I do my best never to forget who it is that is guiding me on this journey.

Do you?

Seeing that this is a Bible Study thread and all, I really do not understand what the actual lesson for this study is supposed to be? Do You?
Do you what? Do you serve two masters? Does the author of the OP claim that he does not serve two masters, and can therefore teach us how not to hate the things of the world? When someone finds themselves serving two masters, can the author of the OP show explain how the love/hate devotion/despite concept manifest itself? Does this hate manifest itself when we come into condemnation of others over differing political views?

The OP presented a scripture that seems mostly unrelated to the body of his comment. So what is the actual lesson for this Bible study thread?

th 1b taylor; quote: But just as Adam was available to God any day at any time, so must we be. :Quote
Amen Bill; most are not. I talk or pray several times a day to my one God.

I'd just like to point out that "wealth" itself is not condemned. Rather, it is the pursuit of wealth as one's primary focus in life which is condemned.
(Right, someone needs to tell Kreflo Dollar et al ...)
However, wealth IS a potential trap which leads people to depend on it rather than on God which is, perhaps, why Jesus said it was so difficult for a wealthy man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

mazel tov

iakov the fool

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back