Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God Heal Everyone

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Does God heal everyone, let's examine that question. And once again you need to understand God's meaning of healing. In the gospels the words heal, healed, healing in The Strong's Concordance is #2323 and it means-to relieve(of disease)-cure, heal. Don't just look at that by the flesh. Because, if you do you will most likely miss it. God's word says in Isaiah 53:4, "Surely he hath borne our griefs(sicknesses and diseases) and carried our sorrows(pains and afflictions). He's talking about what Jesus would do when he came and sacrificed himself for us. For him to bear ours that means ours had to be removed from us. How does that work, it works just like he bore our sins in his own body (1 Peter 2:24). In Leviticus 16:21 you see a shadow of what Jesus would do. God instituted something called the scapegoat offering, that when Aaron the high priest laid both hands on the head of that goat and confessed over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel and all their transgressions in all their sins they would be put on the head of that goat and he would bear them. That's what Jesus did for it says in John 1:29 that Jesus is the lamb of God that would take away the sin of the world.

So, just as he took your sins he also took your sicknesses. And sin and sickness is connected because if there was no sin there would be no sickness. Adam introduced sin in the earth and into mankind when he disobeyed God. But, Jesus took care of that by taking away the sin of the world by bearing them in his own body and since they are connected when he took the sin he also took the sicknesses. I like to use the example sin and sickness are connected like a flame and heat. If you held a flame under your hand you would feel the heat of that flame because everyone knows that a flame and heat go together one is the source and the other is the effect. If you take the flame away will the heat stay, no. If you take the source away the effect will go with it. You don't have to fight the heat just take the flame away. So likewise, you don't have to fight the sickness just take the sin away and sickness will go with it. Now, that has already been done in the spirit. And because it has been done in the spirit you can access it by faith. Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (2.) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

You access the grace of God by faith, but there first has to be grace for you to access by faith. If there is no grace of healing then you can't access it by faith. But, here's the thing even though the grace is available doesn't mean everyone will receive it or access it. Notice, Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. In other words anyone can receive salvation anytime and anywhere when they choose to, but does that mean everyone will be saved, no. And don't limit the word salvation to just being born again in The Strong's Concordance it also means #4992 and it is the same as #4991 which means rescue, safety,deliver,health, salvation. If you don't access the grace then you don't receive the salvation(healing) even though it is available. For example, you can't say God doesn't save everybody because He has made it available to everybody, but everybody has to accept what is being offered. Now, it's not about God doing anything for anyone to be saved, because He has done all that needs to be done for anyone to be saved. And even though it's God's will that not any should perish (2 Peter 3:9) doesn't mean that no one will perish. So, it's not a matter of if God wants to do it He will. Man has to choose whether or not to receive salvation. And people need to stop thinking that if God wants it done then it will just be done because He wants it. That is not scriptural, you don't even have to look far to see that. God told Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that was God's will. But, did Adam still eat from that tree, yes. Was God's will done, no. It's not a matter of God doing, but it's a matter of you receiving or accessing.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

Before one is born again from above, he is not spiritually sick. He is spiritually dead (Eph 2.1, 5; Col 2.13; Rom 8.6).

As to physical healing --- at an appointed time, all believers will be healed (John 11.25-26; 1Th 4.15-16; Rev 21.3-4) -- forever immortal and incorruptible (1Cor 15.53-53). Until that time, there is NO fully effective physical healing. Why? Because death --the final enemy (1Cor 15.26) -- will sooner or later happen to all (Rom 5.12; Heb 9.27; Eccl 8.8).

Last edited:
Isa 53 does not refer to physical healing or cures
But refers to moral healing our souls from sin and iniquities!

(Sorry Andrew Womack)

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Also Matt 11 does not refer to physical labor and physical rest

Matt 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Spiritual rest! Thanks

Don't just look at that by the flesh. Because, if you do you will most likely miss it.

??? I have no idea what you mean, here...

God's word says in Isaiah 53:4, "Surely he hath borne our griefs(sicknesses and diseases) and carried our sorrows(pains and afflictions).

Isaiah 53:4-6 (NASB)
4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.

In context, verse 4 is referring to our spiritual separation from God out which ultimately comes all our sorrows and griefs. Were it not for Sin, there would be no sickness and death and the grief these things produce. And so, it was for our transgressions and iniquities that Jesus suffered and died that we might be reconciled to God and healed of the rift between Him and us that our sinful waywardness has caused.

So, just as he took your sins he also took your sicknesses.

You haven't actually shown that this is so. You've asserted things, but not properly justified any of your assertions from Scripture.

And sin and sickness is connected because if there was no sin there would be no sickness.

Yes, right. But your main proof-text from Isaiah 53 for your "healing for all" idea isn't talking about physical disease but our spiritual disease called Sin. This is made very plain by the immediate context of Isaiah 53:4 which you quoted.

But, Jesus took care of that by taking away the sin of the world by bearing them in his own body and since they are connected when he took the sin he also took the sicknesses.

The former doesn't necessitate the latter. There is nothing that requires that the atonement of Christ for our sin also encompass the physical effects of sin on our bodies. When Jesus came to the Pool of Bethesda, surrounded by diseased and disabled people, he healed only one person. Why, if he was to affect the healing of all through his atonement did he neglect to heal the others at the pool? It wouldn't have drained him of power, or taken him too long. As the God-Man, he had the ability to heal everyone in an instant. If physical healing was a priority for him, surely he would have healed all at the pool. Instead, he only helps one who was there which suggests to me that Jesus was not preoccupied with physical healing but spiritual. And so, we read in the New Testament of Trophimus, and Epaphroditus, Dorcas and Timothy, all believers who were ill, none of whom were miraculously cured of their illnesses (except Dorcas, who died first from her illness and then was resurrected). If healing is a part of the Atonement, how was it that any of these born-again saints of God were ill?

I like to use the example sin and sickness are connected like a flame and heat. If you held a flame under your hand you would feel the heat of that flame because everyone knows that a flame and heat go together one is the source and the other is the effect.

But the problem with this analogy is that flame and heat are concurrent: Where there is flame, there is heat. But I know in my own life, and in the lives of many others, that sin does not instantly result in sickness. In fact, there are powerfully wicked people who live relatively healthy lives right up until they die. Your analogy, then, isn't a very good one, I'm afraid.

So likewise, you don't have to fight the sickness just take the sin away and sickness will go with it.

Where is this ever stated plainly in God's word? Nowhere - but we do have those examples I gave of NT Christians who were sick. By your thinking, too, healing of physical disease and disability would appear to be necessary to genuine salvation. That's a pretty heretical thought...

Romans 5:1,2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (2.) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

There's not a whiff of anything to do with physical healing in this verse, or its immediate context. You are forcing into the verse your healing doctrine.

You access the grace of God by faith, but there first has to be grace for you to access by faith. If there is no grace of healing then you can't access it by faith. But, here's the thing even though the grace is available doesn't mean everyone will receive it or access it.

That's convenient. Redemption, reconciliation, adoption, justification, sanctification - these are all fully-accomplished spiritual realities for every born-again person. Why the hitch for healing, then?

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. In other words anyone can receive salvation anytime and anywhere when they choose to, but does that mean everyone will be saved, no.

Hoo, boy! Now the false teaching is really coming out! Yikes. Salvation is a Person: Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 John 5:11-12). You are either "in him" and saved, or you are not. There is no progressive salvation, no stages to being saved, just being "in Christ" the Savior, or out. And once you've been made one of his, your adoption cannot be undone (John 10:28-29; Romans 8:38-39; Hebrews 13:5).

In Christ, the saved person has obtained all they can have from God; He can give them no more. All that remains is for the saved person to live in the truth of who they have become in him. No special training needed to "access" the life of Christ, just knowledge and faith. But when the Bible speaks of what the believer has obtained in Jesus, physical healing is never indicated, only spiritual things, like being made righteous, or being co-crucified with Jesus, or being freed from the power of Self and Sin, etc.

I believe Scripture
Says that everywhere (at that time)
the messengers of the Kingdom of YHVH went ,
they healed all who were sick.
Before they did, everywhere Jesus went He healed all who came to Him.
They did not act as if they were good enough , as if they had the power in themselves, no,
but
always showed and taught that it was in Jesus' Name, by His Power and Grace, people were healed.

Also, separately but important - EVERYWHERE they went , they cast demons out of people in Jesus' Name.

The Authority, All Authority in heaven and in earth, is subject to Jesus' Name.

Is there a contradiction between healing and teaching?

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Thks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back