Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eating His Flesh and drinking His blood

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cornelius

This is an answer from another thread that I am carrying through to a new topic. I was looking at the "Bread of heaven" here, which is the "flesh" of Jesus and how it is reflected in other types and shadows.
It is important for Christians to know how to "eat" the flesh of Jesus and drink the blood. (We will look at the blood next )

The "woman at the mill' or Harlot is indeed making her own "bread". She is rejected as we have seen.

The concept is simple. Its based on the fact that the Bible has one Author and when He had done writing He said: Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Now when we compare "bread" with "Word" we get:

Exo 16:4 Then said Jehovah unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or not.

Joh 6:32 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, It was not Moses that gave you the bread out of heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread out of heaven.Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Joh 6:41 The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, I am the bread which came down out of heaven.

Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

Now we have to find the Bread that we can eat today.

Jesus = Word

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld, and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life

The Bread of life = The Word of life = Jesus.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now find the seeds that we receive;

Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, and giveth seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

Mar 4:14 The sower soweth the word.

Now here again, we see the two religious groups at work , both with their "seed" (words) Mat 24:41 two women shall be grinding at the mill; one is taken, and one is left.
But we also have this picture of seven women making bread Isa 4:1 And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name; take thou away our reproach.

God uses seven women in another "type and shadow" that points to the church: Exo 2:16 Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters:(The seven churches) and they came and drew water (another type for "the Word" is water: out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water ) and (Moses hit the Rock, and water flowed from it) and (Moses means "drawn from the water" as in "coming from the Word ), and filled the troughs to water their father's flock.
Exo 2:17 And the shepherds (Yes the "shepherds" that God is against !) came and drove them away;(From the Water/Word) but Moses (Christ) stood up and helped them, and watered their flock. (Moses = Christ in the end time shephards who manifest Christ according to Eph 4 so:Eze 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. )

So we see that seven women indeed point to the seven churches in type. We also see that bread and seed are types for the Word. Lev 19:19 .......thou shalt not sow thy field with two kinds of seed:.........

So we have two groups within the group called "church" today. Those with seed and those with mixed seed. The mixed seed group falls under the Harlot for reasons explained and fall under this judgement:
Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.
because they have been making "their own bread"

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

As we have seen, the Bible calls the Word of God : Bread.

This makes sense, because its the Word that we "eat" that enters into our spirit and gives life. This becomes even more clear when we read :Joh 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Mat 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, Wise-men from the east came to Jerusalem, saying,

The old Hebrew name bêth lehem, meaning "house of bread",

Why the drinking of the blood ?

An easy picture would be that the blood is in the flesh. When you eat the "bread/flesh" you also get that which give you the life. The Old Testament gives us this clue : Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood; Notice the flesh has life, but it is in the blood.

We can look at the blood as the "factor" in the Word, that causes us to have eternal life. The other symbol that God uses for the Word is "water" Joh 4:14 but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life. We see its the well of water ( the well of the Word in us) springing up .........unto........eternal life. This is of course the same thing that happens when we "eat the Word" or "eat His flesh" Joh 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

God loves to talk in and through pictures. We even get these pictures in the New Testament .

Here we see a picture that has "water" (Word) that is changed into life (Wine) in Stone vessels (Humans are such vessels) The one who changes the Word in us into eternal life is Jesus. That is His job.
Six is the number of man.

Joh 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. (Obedience to the Word )
Joh 2:6 Now there were six waterpots of stone (Number of man, and we are vessels ) set there after the Jews' manner of purifying, (washing of the Word ) containing two or three firkins apiece.
Joh 2:7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water (Word ). And they filled them up to the brim.
Joh 2:8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the ruler of the feast. And they bare it.
Joh 2:9 And when the ruler of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and knew not whence it was (but the servants that had drawn the water knew), the ruler of the feast calleth the bridegroom,

So the Word that gets poured into us, is changed by the Holy Spirit into the wine/blood that has eternal life in it.

Moses is a type of Christ in the Old Testament.

Jones derives it from the Egyptian word for water, mo, and the verb to save out of water, `uses'. BDB relates it to the Egyptian word mes, mesu, meaning child, son.

Then, of course, there is the Hebrew verb (masha 1253), which is identical to the name save for the Masoretic additions. It means draw, draw out and is used only two times in Scriptures: 2 Sam 22:17 in a Psalm of David that was copied into the Psalter as Psalm 18 (see verse 16), "He drew me out of many waters". The other occurrence of the verb is in Ex 2:10, where Moses is named, "And she named him Moses, and said, "Because I drew him out of the water"."

Christ the Word. Its easy to see why Moses then means :Drawn out of the water (Word )

Lev 17:14 For as to the life of all flesh, the blood thereof is all one with the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh; for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

This is a parable. Spiritually it means, that we must not get our "life" from the life of the flesh. The flesh mentioned here is another word for "old nature" or our "old man" or "sinful nature". God is in fact pointing our that HE is our life, through His Word. We are not to get our life from the sinful nature because that will only bring death and not eternal life: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off

We need to lay that sinful nature down. In fact we have to see it as dead and crucified, so that Christ's life now can live within us. (The Word must live in and through us) Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life (self life) shall lose it; and he that loseth his life (self life) for my sake shall find it.

I have a few thoughts for you to ponder, Cornelius, assuming you are sounding some ideas for us to evaluate.

Sinners can get saved even though spending the first part of their lives feeding on the flesh and even the blood of the flesh. They are not cut off spiritually upon being born again. We all start off as sinners, some even former literal drinkers of cow blood.

I'm happy to see you came around to not supporting drinking of blood in any physical way for any reason. Lev. 17:14 can't be a parable leading to the need to seek the manna of God's Word. It was a specific, literal law against consuming blood of any source, further supported by dialog throughout the Law, in the Bible as a whole as being a highly offensive practice. Consuming blood is such an evil concept that it isn't even fit for mixed discussion in many cultures. Except among pagans it can only be viewed as allegorical. It's one of the hardest to understand principles even few Jews recognized when Jesus declared drinking of His blood, the disciples fleeing. They didn't get the connection of partaking of His "cup" until after He ascended to Heaven and they became the prey, dying as martyrs.

Note that in Acts 15 the apostles didn't support that verse as a parable concerning the Word of God, but for the sakes of the Jews and decency the prohibition of consuming blood and even strangled meat retaining blood remained prohibited.

Jethro's seven daughters don't fit the seven churches of Rev. 1, also having no special part in the greater scheme of the Bible except to note the source of Moses' wife. I'd stick to established symbology such as John saw in Rev. 1, seeing the lampstand and stars, then receiving the interpretation of it as representing seven of the churches, there being many others in existence at the time. One of the seven daughters was significant, but what of the other six? If the seven together are one type, then how?

I don't think it is useful to assign new shadows, types, forms, symbols, or use allegories that don't support the real thing alluded to if there is no support elsewhere in scriptures. We can be more flexible with parables, whether using fully fantastic statements or reporting actual facts.

A solid type of Christ is Noah's Ark, and the rock that followed Israel through the wilderness, yielding life-giving water. Christ was that Rock. Those and others like them enjoy wide support in scriptures.

Moses can't properly be a type of Christ because of too many deep theological differences. He led Israel out of bondage in Egypt, but back into bondage of the Law of sin and death, unlike the salvation of Jesus. There are many similarities between the two, but Moses failed many times, while Jesus didn't.

WordSwordsman said:
Lev. 17:14 can't be a parable .

I really did not want to answer you on this, because I did not want to get into an argument about the law.Then I went to read my Bible and it fell open here and I felt that the Lord wants you to have this scripture:

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of the good things to come, not the very image of the things, ............................

To that verse we can add 1Co 10:11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.
So indeed the whole Old Testament is also a parable, a shadow . Its pointing in its totally towards the fulfillment in Christ. First came the letter (the Old Testament or Law) and then it passed away to make way for its fulfillment in the spirit.The new Covenant that Jesus brought Heb 10:9 .... He taketh away the first, (Law) that he may establish the second. (New Covenant of grace )

Cornelius said:
WordSwordsman said:
Lev. 17:14 can't be a parable.

I really did not want to answer you on this, because I did not want to get into an argument about the law.Then I went to read my Bible and it fell open here and I felt that the Lord wants you to have this scripture:

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of the good things to come, not the very image of the things

I don't argue, so don't worry. I'll drop out of this thread after this, as this concludes my case. No reply is expected from you. I comment in support or challenge. Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

Lev. 17 contains direct commandments that if violated amounted to a serious problem with a penalty up to being driven out of the camp. Lev. 17:10-16 has never been taken as a parable, a short story illustrating a religious concept easier than trying to define the concept directly. It was meant to be taken literally. It doesn't point to the blood of Christ or to Jesus in any way, but is right alongside the previous commandment not to do a burnt offering for yourself, but to bring it to the tabernacle. It is in a list prohibiting offering of sacrifices to devils. The whole passage concerns a restriction as to where all sacrifices must be made, namely the tabernacle. To say that one commandment is a parable would require all the similar commandments there also are parables. None of them are recited in the form of a story, but are direct, succinct prohibitions with specific penalties.

Now we're moving on to talking "shadows". A shadow is not a "type". The Sabbath is a shadow of the Christ, not a type, for instance. A Bible shadow is a pattern of something real or solid, a preview of a hidden truth to be revealed. The shadow is not the real thing. A shadow suggests looking toward the source to understand the cause of it.

Indeed the law as a whole is a shadow "of something better", but let's offer at least the whole verse. Hebrews 10:1 "For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect." Now it becomes more clear that the law is not a parable, type, or anything other than a faint glimpse into the fact something better was coming. That actually was known after the fact, Christians looking at the law in hind-sight. Meanwhile, the law is not a shadow of anything specific of the New Covenant other than the coming of a permanent accepted sacrifice. Here we see the old covenant, the law, the shadow of the real, actually had to be taken away so the real could be delivered. Hebrews 10:9 "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second." The whole passage illumines this perfectly. We are in agreement on that point. :yes But the OT is not a collection of parables, types, shadows. Overall it is a shadow.

To that verse we can add 1Co 10:11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

That applied to the subject of verses 1-10. That verse can't be added to Leviticus unless the whole passage could be added, otherwise that verse is sorely taken out of context and made to mean something entirely foreign to the original intent. It's part of a passage saying if you are invited to a feast by unbelievers, eat whatever they offer without asking questions. The exception would be if they say you are about to rat meat offered to idols. Jews eating with unbelievers is contrary to the message of the law, holding potential of unknowingly eating something forbidden, causing ceremonial uncleanness. But here we see the Law was directed towards the Jew, but Paul writing to the Gentile believer church at Corinth. Some consequences of violating some laws had application to Gentile believers, but by far the bulk of the Law doesn't touch non-Jews, so cannot in any way be examples for us. Here's the full text for easy reference:

1 Cor. 10:[1] "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; [2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; [3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat; [4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. [5] But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. [6] Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. [7] Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. [8] Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. [9] Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. [10] Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. [11] Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. [12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. [13] There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. [14] Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. [15] I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. [16] The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? [17] For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. [18] Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? [19] What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? [20] But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. [21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. [22] Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? [23] All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. [24] Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. [25] Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: [26] For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. [27] If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. [28] But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: [29] Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience? [30] For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? [31] Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. [32] Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: [33] Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved." Amen

C good thread! The Lord just showed me these verses on how the harlot is at the mill and makes her own bread and it reminded me of this thread

Isa 47:1 ¶ Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: [there is] no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.
Isa 47:2 Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers.
Isa 47:3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet [thee as] a man.

Exd 11:4 ¶ And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

Exd 11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that [is] behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

Exd 11:6 And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.

Mat 24:41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Jdg 9:53 And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to brake his skull.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, [thou] heaven, and [ye] holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Rev 18:21 ¶ And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast [it] into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft [he be], shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

I think that th harlots bread(word) that she grinds is violence that will be repayed to her. Those who eat her bread did not come out of her, but those who do come out eat Jesus bread unto eternal life! amen

It also just occured to me, that we are told to eat Jesus flesh(word, bread) and drink His blood(life)

But the harlot gets drunk on OUR blood through violence and persecution against us. hmmm

Cornelius said:

As we have seen, the Bible calls the Word of God : Bread.

The Word of God is SOMETIMES called 'bread' because of the analogy. It feeds us, spiritually / physically. God's Word feeds us spiritually, as bread feeds us physically.

However, Jesus is making it quite clear, in the verse you cite, that the bread HE is giving is NOT "Word" or the "Scriptures", but His own flesh!

Thus, the "living bread", in THIS context, is not the Scriptures, but the Word of God INCARNATE, Jesus' own flesh and blood (blood does not mean "Word" in Scriptures in any place I am aware of. it means "life") Jesus offers His very self, flesh and blood, His entire Being, for the life of the world. BY adding the requirement of drinking the blood, your attempt to bypass the literalness of Christ's words is made evident, since blood does not have an analogical comparison to "word" or to eat and draw nourishment. Jews were forbidden to drink blood.

This is a very deep subject and cannot be looked at from one dimension, the physical eating of the flesh of Jesus and drinking His blood. However, this aspect should not be ignored, either, Cornelius, since those are the literal words of Jesus, and He seems quite adamant to be understood in the literal sense - never telling us he means it as a metaphor (by the way, eating one's flesh as a metaphor means to do one harm - unless you do me harm, you shall not have eternal life? No...)

Regards

francisdesales said:
those are the literal words of Jesus, and He seems quite adamant to be understood in the literal sense - never telling us he means it as a metaphor

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable (metaphor) spake he nothing unto them:

I am definitely not going to speak about the Eucharist doctrine to you :)

Cornelius said:
francisdesales said:
those are the literal words of Jesus, and He seems quite adamant to be understood in the literal sense - never telling us he means it as a metaphor

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable (metaphor) spake he nothing unto them:

I am definitely not going to speak about the Eucharist doctrine to you :)

I understand! ;)

"Truly, truly..." over and over doesn't sound like a parable, brother... I don't remember Jesus calling anyone back, either, "hey, it's just a metaphor, come back..."

Brother, I only quoted a verse of Scripture to you , without adding anything to it. That is simply what the Word tells us Jesus did . It simply says that He never spoke to the masses without speaking in a parable.

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable spake he nothing unto them:

Now when God says He spoke nothing without a parable to them, then that is what He means. I am not going to change it :) I am just going to believe Him.

blessings
your brother
C

Cornelius said:
Brother, I only quoted a verse of Scripture to you , without adding anything to it. That is simply what the Word tells us Jesus did . It simply says that He never spoke to the masses without speaking in a parable.

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable spake he nothing unto them:

Now when God says He spoke nothing without a parable to them, then that is what He means. I am not going to change it :) I am just going to believe Him.

My often-wise friend,

Look at the verse more closely...

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable (metaphor) spake he nothing unto them

ALL THESE THINGS does not refer to every single word that came from Jesus' mouth. Was the Beatitudes all parable? "To love others", was that a metaphor for something else? Sometimes, Jesus DID speak quite plainly to the multitude. THESE things refers to the sayings of Matthew 13...

Furthermore, a parable does not = a metaphor...

I think the words "truly, truly", repeated over and over, clearly tell us Jesus is NOT speaking in parables, ESPECIALLY when the metaphorical use of "eat my flesh" = "do harm to me"... Metaphorically, that makes no sense.

And I said, Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob, and ye princes of the house of Israel; [Is it] not for you to know judgment? Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones; Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron. Micah 3:1-3

The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, [even] mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident. Psalm 27:1-3

Furthermore, there is no metaphor for drinking blood that I am aware of, perhaps you could counsel me on that.

I think it is evident by the reaction of the Jews was that Jesus was speaking literally and were appalled. Did they misunderstand Jesus? Well, the metaphorical use of "eat my flesh" is to "do me harm", so that would make no sense at all. And the drinking of his blood, equally without a metaphor that makes sense to the sayings, left no doubt what Jesus meant.

The issue was over faith. Could Jesus share His very LIFE with us, literally? The blood, reserved for God, was being offered to mankind BY God Himself. God offers His LIFE for our sake and offers to share it and His own nature with us. What a wonderful offering... And at the Last Supper, He provides His very own flesh in the from of bread - "THIS IS MY BODY", offering it to the apostles to eat...!

Like I said, it is a very deep and mystical subject, something that we should not lightly dismiss because it doesn't seem to make sense. Be like Peter - "Lord, I have no idea what you mean, but I believe you"...
What makes this important is that it is the means by which we abide in Jesus...

I understand if you prefer not to talk with me about this more, but I did want to point out that Matthew 13 is incorrectly applied to John 6. The context does not allow us to apply it there.

Brother in Christ

Like I said, I am only saying what was written. I am sure if it was meant in another way, it would have said "sometimes" and not "nothing". We also notice that Jesus spoke in parables only when He spoke to the multitude . He spoke plainly to His disciples.But the simple key is to look out when He spoke to the multitudes

Kind of like what He still does today. :)

C

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into the mountain: and when he had sat down, his disciples came unto him:
Mat 5:2 and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying,

Interesting ! :) He saw the multitudes..........He went away into the mountain.....sat down.......His disciples followed Him and came to them.......then He taught them. .......without parables.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back