Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Election for Angels & Demons

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

cyberjosh

I apologize for any redundancy on the topic of election, but I wish this to specialize in the area as pertaining to Angels and Demons. This is not an oft-discussed topic, and I thought it would be interesting to speculate on and toss some ideas around. This, I think, should be considered since God is not only the Lord (Adonai) of man but is also the LORD of Hosts (Angelic hosts - Yahweh Sabaoth).

Now angels do God's will as messengers and agents of his will. The Cheribum react without hesitation to carry the throne of God where Yahweh wishes (Ezekiel 1), and we know that angels are appointed by God for certain tasks. Now we also know that angels can lie (Satan), decieve (ditto), and rebel (Satan again -including all who follow him). We are told that Satan was an appointed Cherub who covers - he had position and authority - so what happened? God has shown us (in Revelation) how he knows of Satan's ultimate rebellion and treachery, and of Satan's final destruction. So in what sense do angels have free will (to depart from the living God: Satan) and in what sense are angels destined ( to either serve God or to be destroyed)?

All I know at this point is that the Lake of Fire was created specifically for Satan and his angels and that he is appointed to go there for eternity - lest God somehow redeem him (a preposterous idea). And that we the saints, once glorified with Jesus, will rule over the faithful angels who will act as ministers in God's kingdom.

Tell me your thoughts.

~Josh

God's election for man may infact be ultimately unified with the election of angels, for Ephesians says that God will sum all things up in Christ according to his "dispensation". Perhaps a more comprehensive view of election can be obtained by looking at this aspect of it as well.

~Josh

Cyber - can angels lie or did angels lie?

As with "free" will - do we have or did we have?

I believe that we have a will, it is just no longer "free".

There is record that an angel lied - but that doesn't mean that angels can to this 'day' lie.

What I believe is also hard to understand in our 'plane of existence' if you will, is that we are bound by time. Is there even 'time', as we experience it, in the spiritual or heavenly realm?

I believe that there is a certain number of Elect Angels and Damned Angels. After the heavenly rebellion that number was set. In other words, I do not believe that Elect angels can or will rebell and join the Damned Angels, just as the Damned Angels cannot repent.

It almost sounds like you preach dispensationalism: "once you could have but now you can't..."

Dispensationalism is tricky business.

cybershark5886 said:
It almost sounds like you preach dispensationalism: "once you could have but now you can't..."

Dispensationalism is tricky business.

Bite your tongue :tongue (just having fun)

I do not think it has anything to do with dispensations, rather - prior to the fall, I believe Adam and Eve had total free will. After the fall, our will is bonded with sin. Until Christ sets us free. However, we still have a corrupt body.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back