Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

End-time Sign: Christians will be hated of all Nations

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

07/07/07

In Matthew 24, Jesus gave a clear-cut sign of the end times.

Matthew 24
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

In our generation, this Scripture is being fulfilled. In fulfillment of the first part of this Scripture, Christians are being afflicted and killed in many parts of the world, e.g., China, North Korea, Africa, Hindu and Islamic nations. In the Western world, Christians are not killed but rather are hated and ostracized because they resist the avalanche of sin being normalized, e.g., wicked entertainment, homosexuality, transgenderism, etc.., fulfilling the second part of the Scripture.

There is no other religion in the world that is hated of all nations like Christianity. It's time to brace yourselves, as it's going to get very tough for real Christians. Hold fast in your heart to the truth and testimony of Jesus Christ because the hour of His triumphant return is drawing very near. He gave us signs for a reason. Remember, Jesus rebuked the people of His day because they did not recognize the sign of His first coming.

Matthew 16
[1] The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
[2] He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
[3] And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

I'm hated by some people where I work,they know who/what I represent, for that reason I don't mind being hated at all.Pray that people around you will see Jesus represented through you.God will figure out how to make that occur,believe me.Let it happen in a blameless fashion,when the demons(people you are supposed to love)come after you,it will be comical.

They always were hated by all nations.
Jesus specifically gave the sign of hatred toward His believers as an indication of the end-times. That's happening in our generation. And, it's only going to get worse. If you're a real born-again Saint of God, you will be hated of all nations and many will be killed for their testimony.

Revelation 6
[9] And when he [Jesus] had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Matthew 24
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

In our generation, this Scripture is being fulfilled. In fulfillment of the first part of this Scripture, Christians are being afflicted and killed in many parts of the world, e.g., China, North Korea, Africa, Hindu and Islamic nations. In the Western world, Christians are not killed but rather are hated and ostracized because they resist the avalanche of sin being normalized, e.g., wicked entertainment, homosexuality, transgenderism, etc.., fulfilling the second part of the Scripture.

There is no other religion in the world that is hated of all nations like Christianity. It's time to brace yourselves, as it's going to get very tough for real Christians. Hold fast in your heart to the truth and testimony of Jesus Christ because the hour of His triumphant return is drawing very near. He gave us signs for a reason. Remember, Jesus rebuked the people of His day because they did not recognize the sign of His first coming.

Matthew 16
[1] The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
[2] He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
[3] And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Matthew 24: 1-31 Jesus is speaking of the "time of Jacob's trouble" (Jeremiah 30:1-10)
Matthew 1-14 are parallel to Revelation 6...The first of the 7 year tribulation.
The Church that is alive and present right before this time begins will be changed and ascend with the resurrected bodies of heavens saints and go home with the Lord, John 14:1-3; Matthew 24:37-51; Isaiah 26:19-21; 1st Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 and appear in Revelation 5:9-10 and are with the Lord throughout the duration of the tribulation period and appear returning to Earth with The Lord in Revelation 19:11-14
Jesus instructed His Church to be ready, waiting and watching for this return Luke 21:31-36
And again promises an escape for the faithful Revelation 3:10

There are indeed "saints" that live during the tribulation but they repented during that time. Revelation 7:14 ....the persecution they will have to endure will cost most of them their heads.

Jesus says be ready!
Revelation 3:3
Revelation 3:20
Luke 12: 35-38
Mark 13:33-37

Faith, patience and endurance until the end for great is your reward. Take no concern for your life, but always be about your Fathers business and if we end up dying a martyr's death for the sake of Christ then with my last breath I will praise the Lord.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
John 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
John 15:24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
Mat 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 24

Matthew 16

But he who endures to the end shall be saved. Matthew 24:13

JLB

Matthew 24: 1-31 Jesus is speaking of the "time of Jacob's trouble" (Jeremiah 30:1-10)
Matthew 1-14 are parallel to Revelation 6...The first of the 7 year tribulation.
The Church that is alive and present right before this time begins will be changed and ascend with the resurrected bodies of heavens saints and go home with the Lord, John 14:1-3; Matthew 24:37-51; Isaiah 26:19-21; 1st Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 and appear in Revelation 5:9-10 and are with the Lord throughout the duration of the tribulation period and appear returning to Earth with The Lord in Revelation 19:11-14
Jesus instructed His Church to be ready, waiting and watching for this return Luke 21:31-36
And again promises an escape for the faithful Revelation 3:10

There are indeed "saints" that live during the tribulation but they repented during that time. Revelation 7:14 ....the persecution they will have to endure will cost most of them their heads.

Jesus says be ready!
Revelation 3:3
Revelation 3:20
Luke 12: 35-38
Mark 13:33-37
The time of Jacob's trouble was in Jermiah's time. You futurists take odd verses out of context and build a doctrine in them.
But he who endures to the end shall be saved. Matthew 24:13

JLB
Ah, but the end of What?
That is a favourite verse of the JWs

6 to 12 million people were hated and killed under the Nazi Regime,the End of Days won't be anything new.Sophie Scholl,leader of the Anti-Nazi White Rose group was guillotined by the Nazi's.The Nazi's guillotine about 15,000 people they hated.Be very glad if you live in the United States of America.The Nazi Era was a microcosm of what is to come.But we win!!!!!!,in the end,wherever the end is.

The time of Jacob's trouble was in Jermiah's time. You futurists take odd verses out of context and build a doctrine in them.

Where did I mention Jacob’s trouble?

Ah, but the end of What?

But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:13-14

Being faithful to Jesus Christ unto death while be persecuted during the tribulation is the direct context.

JLB

Where did I mention Jacob’s trouble?

But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:13-14

Being faithful to Jesus Christ unto death while be persecuted during the tribulation is the direct context.p

JLB
You didn't, it was Maliah inked here.

6 to 12 million people were hated and killed under the Nazi Regime,the End of Days won't be anything new.Sophie Scholl,leader of the Anti-Nazi White Rose group was guillotined by the Nazi's.The Nazi's guillotine about 15,000 people they hated.Be very glad if you live in the United States of America.The Nazi Era was a microcosm of what is to come.But we win!!!!!!,in the end,wherever the end is.
Many more than that, it is estimated that up to 72 million were killed in that war. United States is not exempt, they are as bad as anyone else.
America only joined the war after Pearl Harbour. The Pope wanted Japan to attack Russia, but they bombed Pearl Harbour instead.

“At that time Michael shall stand up, the great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation, even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, every one who is found written in the book.

“And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt” Daniel 12:1-2

Jacob’s trouble directly relates to the end-time Great Tribulation..
In addition to the troubles coming to Jacob’s descendants, Jesus also spoke of a time that would threaten all nations just before His return.

Jesus said, “For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened” Matthew 24:21-22

The time of Jacob’s trouble corresponds to the same time period called the Great Tribulation. World conditions will be worse than any time in history.

Ah, but the end of What?
I see you not adding much of anything to this thread other than your own view points without any substantial scriptures to support your opinions. Endure to the end is not a favorite verse of the JW's as they believe they are the only people of God. Those who will endure to the end is made clear in Matthew 24:3-13 of what Jesus taught about the signs of the end of the age, meaning from then up to the time Jesus returns in the air and those who are His own will be caught up to Him and will evermore be with Him for eternity, 1Corinthians 15:50-58.

Times of Jacob's Trouble

Jeremiah 30 vs. 1, 2 starts out with the Lord speaking to Jeremiah about Judah an Israel. Vs 3 the Lord promises that one day in the future as the day will come that He will bring Judah and Israel back to the land He had promised to their forefathers. Vs. 5 describes a time of great fear and trembling. Vs. 6 describes this time in a way that pictures men going through the pains of childbirth, meaning great agony. Vs. 7 For that day is great so that no other day will ever be like it. This is a reference to Matthew 24:21; Rev 7:1-8. But, there is hope for Judah and Israel for though this is called the time of Jacob's trouble the Lord promises He will save Jacob (referring to Judah and Israel, not literally Jacob) out of this time of great trouble, Rev 19:11-21. Vs. 8 It shall come to pass in that day (in that day means a future day) says the Lord that He will break his yoke from off their necks and will burst thy bonds and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him. His yoke is that of Satan who for now controls the evil principalities of this world that even today, until Christ returns, persecutes God's people. Vs. 9 But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their King, meaning Jesus whom God will raise up (resurrection) unto them. Vs 10, 11 the Lord says, I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security and no one will make him afraid. I am with you and will save you declares the Lord.

Catching up of the Saints

The catching up of the saints, meaning those alive at His coming and those who are in their graves will be changed and raised up together to meet Jesus in the air as this happens at the second coming of Christ on the last day when Christ returns and makes an end to all abominations here on earth, Matthew 24:29-31; John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13- 18; Rev 19:11-21

I see you not adding much of anything to this thread other than your own view points without any substantial scriptures to support your opinions. Endure to the end is not a favorite verse of the JW's as they believe they are the only people of God. Those who will endure to the end is made clear in Matthew 24:3-13 of what Jesus taught about the signs of the end of the age, meaning from then up to the time Jesus returns in the air and those who are His own will be caught up to Him and will evermore be with Him for eternity, 1Corinthians 15:50-58.

Times of Jacob's Trouble

Jeremiah 30 vs. 1, 2 starts out with the Lord speaking to Jeremiah about Judah an Israel. Vs 3 the Lord promises that one day in the future as the day will come that He will bring Judah and Israel back to the land He had promised to their forefathers. Vs. 5 describes a time of great fear and trembling. Vs. 6 describes this time in a way that pictures men going through the pains of childbirth, meaning great agony. Vs. 7 For that day is great so that no other day will ever be like it. This is a reference to Matthew 24:21; Rev 7:1-8. But, there is hope for Judah and Israel for though this is called the time of Jacob's trouble the Lord promises He will save Jacob (referring to Judah and Israel, not literally Jacob) out of this time of great trouble, Rev 19:11-21. Vs. 8 It shall come to pass in that day (in that day means a future day) says the Lord that He will break his yoke from off their necks and will burst thy bonds and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him. His yoke is that of Satan who for now controls the evil principalities of this world that even today, until Christ returns, persecutes God's people. Vs. 9 But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their King, meaning Jesus whom God will raise up (resurrection) unto them. Vs 10, 11 the Lord says, I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security and no one will make him afraid. I am with you and will save you declares the Lord.

Catching up of the Saints

The catching up of the saints, meaning those alive at His coming and those who are in their graves will be changed and raised up together to meet Jesus in the air as this happens at the second coming of Christ on the last day when Christ returns and makes an end to all abominations here on earth, Matthew 24:29-31; John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13- 18; Rev 19:11-21
Thanks for your reply.

By referring to JWs I wasn't intending to suggest that they were correct. I have often been in conversations with them and I asked how they are saved and they quite that phrase. When I ask what they mean they say they have to continue to the end following Watchtower doctrine.

I think Matthew 24 refers to the fall of Jerusalem and continues directly on from Matthew 23, when he pronounced woe on the Pharisees and declared that their house was left to them as desolate, and it would all come on that generation, and after that they would see him no more till they can say, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Matthew 23:36-39 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Well I dont think that Jacob's trouble is future as Jeremiah is prophesying is future. As his prophecy is about the Babylonians, as he sometimes jumps back in his prophecy. It may have been the Abomination of desolation which began in AD 66 when the Roman armies surrounded Jerusalem, Luke 21:20 and they were told to flee when they say that. I consider the verses referring to Jesus returning, as being the same as in Matthew 23, after that the next time they would see him would be when he returned. The return of Christ was a second question which was nothing to do with what Jesus was speaking about. so he answered if front verse Matt 24-36. BUT of that day, change of subject.

I agree with your last paragraph. Catching up of the saints.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I'm not a Jehovah's witness. I'm a non-denominational born again Christian.

Matthew 24:3-13 is Jesus, in detail describing the events of Revelation 6..they are parallel in every way!

*The First seal- The white horse
The rider on the white horse/ deception/ antichrist (Revelation 6:2)=(Matthew 24:4-5)

*The second seal-The red horse
Wars and rumors of war (Matthew 24:6)= (Revelation 6:4)

*The third seal-The black horse
Famine (Matthew 24:7-8)=(Revelation 6:5-6)

*The fourth seal-The pale horse
Death (Matthew 24:9-11)(Revelation 6:7-8)

The time of Jacob's trouble and the tribulation period are one and the same time. (Daniel 12:1-2)=(Matthew 24:21-22)

Matthew 24:3-30 is instructions and information for ESPECIALLY the Jewish nation DURING the tribulation.

The time of tribulation is God dealing with the nation of Israel and judgment of those who have rejected the gospel.
His people (The Church - The body of Christ) are clearly viewed IN heaven WITH Him Before one seal is opened (Revelation 5:9-10)

The entire language of the new testament gives instruction from Paul Peter and John to:
wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.
1 Thessalonians 1:10

That's good news!

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

By referring to JWs I wasn't intending to suggest that they were correct. I have often been in conversations with them and I asked how they are saved and they quite that phrase. When I ask what they mean they say they have to continue to the end following Watchtower doctrine.

I think Matthew 24 refers to the fall of Jerusalem and continues directly on from Matthew 23, when he pronounced woe on the Pharisees and declared that their house was left to them as desolate, and it would all come on that generation, and after that they would see him no more till they can say, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Matthew 23:36-39 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Well I dont think that Jacob's trouble is future as Jeremiah is prophesying is future. As his prophecy is about the Babylonians, as he sometimes jumps back in his prophecy. It may have been the Abomination of desolation which began in AD 66 when the Roman armies surrounded Jerusalem, Luke 21:20 and they were told to flee when they say that. I consider the verses referring to Jesus returning, as being the same as in Matthew 23, after that the next time they would see him would be when he returned. The return of Christ was a second question which was nothing to do with what Jesus was speaking about. so he answered if front verse Matt 24-36. BUT of that day, change of subject.

I agree with your last paragraph. Catching up of the saints.
In a sense I see Matthew 24 being an outline of all things that must come first as we read in greater detail in the book of Revelation that spans the whole Bible in the fulfillment of all prophecies in Christ when He returns on the last day.

Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus foretells the destruction of the Temple which happened in 70AD. During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times.

In vs. 3 the disciples ask three questions. Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Vs 4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Vs. 4-14 Jesus gives the disciples the signs to watch for from that time to the end of age.

Vs. 15-28 Jesus speaks about the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, not only in their time, but unto the end of time when the son of perdition will take his literal seat in Jerusalem claiming he is God, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

Vs. 29-31 This is about the coming of the Son of Man (Jesus) in what to look for after the sounding of the seventh trumpet and we being caught up to Him.

Vs. 32-35 Jesus is saying when you see all these things come to pass it is very near to the day of His return. There are many theories to the words this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. We can clearly see Jesus did not return yet so "Generation" could mean all generations from the time of the disciples up to the time of Christ return, But that can be a topic of it's own.

Vs. 36-51 No one knows the day or the hour of Christ return and many will not be prepared as in the days of Noah as they love the darkness over the Light and the flood took them all away so now is the time to be prepared before the flood comes, not literal flood in this case, but the return of Christ on the last day that only God knows when that time will be.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back