Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Every Worthless Word Spoken Will Be Accounted For On That Day

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

07/07/07

Do you guard the words that you speak? We will all, sinner and Saint, give an account of every worthless (idle/careless) word on that day before God. Here is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (sinners):

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

A Message to the Church

James 3
[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
[11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our diligence in conduct and speech is what separates us from the world. We have to let our lights shine before men that the Father may be glorified. The world is growing darker and darker, so our lights should really be brighter than ever.

To my sinner friends, your words and conduct are condemning you before our Great God. He is offering you mercy today. Will you heed the call? Don't put it off. Procrastination is a killer that leads to hell. Turn to Jesus. Confess and forsake your sins.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)

Amen, brother :)

EVERYONE will have to give account on the day of judgment for every EMPTY WORD they have spoken​

renderTimingPixel.png

Matthew 12:
36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word [G4487 rhema] they have spoken.
Could the words of Jesus in Mt. 12:36 be a hyperbole?
On the contrary, Jesus is being serious here.
Who are the target audience, believers or non-believers?
37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
The target audiences are believers and non-believers.
What is G4487-rhema-word?
It is not just words, Luke 2:
19 But Mary treasured up all these things [G4487] and pondered them in her heart.
G4487 can refer to words, utterances, thoughts, feelings, etc.
How should believers be concerned about the warning?
Matthew 12:
35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him
Be good and pay attention to the Paraclete who dwells in you. I try to practice "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Yes, Jesus is serious. Here is more for the Church.

James 1
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. (KJV)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back