Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolutionism denies the fall.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Two questions:

1. Are you fallen?
2. Do you deny that Paul said God has given some to be teachers?
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Kjv
You did not know this?

Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?Kjv
as 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.Kjv
Are you unaware of this?

Exactly how does an inanimate object have self awareness?
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Kjv
You did not know this?

Exactly how does an inanimate object have self awareness?

Please explain why those who are guided by the Holy Spirit to know the truth do not agree on what the truth is.
Perhaps not all who claim to be led by the Spirit are.
Church history is no doubt full of examples of influential people who were not what they claimed.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.Kjv
You did not know this?

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Kjv
You did not know this?
That is not an answer to the question I asked.
You said that the Bible interprets itself, so:
Again, Exactly how does an inanimate object have self awareness?

Perhaps not all who claim to be led by the Spirit are.
Church history is no doubt full of examples of influential people who were not what they claimed.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.Kjv
You did not know this?
So who is correctly led by the Spirit?
The Southern Baptists?
The Methodists?
The African Methodist Episcopals?
The Lutherans?
The Pentecostals?
The Assemblies of God?
The Methodists?
The Armenians?
The Calvinists?
They can't all be right.
Which one is led by the Holy Spirit leaving the rest identified as heretics?

The Southern Baptists?
The Methodists?
The Lutherans?
The Pentecostals?
The Assemblies of God?
The Methodists?
The Armenians?
The Calvinists?
They can't all be right.
You left out the Eastern, Greek and Russian Orthodox and don't forget the Roman church, the Coptic, the Episcopalian, Anglican, to name just a few.
Do you think these should be excluded from a modern day inquisition?

The Southern Baptists?
The Methodists?
The Lutherans?
The Pentecostals?
The Assemblies of God?
The Methodists?
The Armenians?
The Calvinists?
They can't all be right.
Are you suggesting that only denominations are led by the Holy Spirit (which most certainly would be limiting)? I have always believed that individuals are empowered by the HS which would make it 'extra-denominatal'.

You left out the Eastern, Greek and Russian Orthodox and don't forget the Roman church, the Coptic, the Episcopalian, Anglican, to name just a few.
Do you think these should be excluded from a modern day inquisition?
You keep changing the subject.
The request, based on your comments, which was addressed to you is:
Please explain why those who are guided by the Holy Spirit to know the truth
do not agree on what the truth is.

Please respond to that request.

Actually it is an answer, an answer inspired by the Word of the living God, but if it is something you are unable to grasp or to accept then there is very little left to say.
No, it is not.
I asked: Exactly how does an inanimate object have self awareness?
Your response does not come anywhere near answering.
Either answer the questions posed to you or just say you can't.
I'm not interested in your adolescent games.

So, you believe that individuals are empowered with the HS, not denominations, and therefore no denomination necessarily has everything right....spriritually speaking?
What I was responding to was the notion of being right be3cause one is led by the Holy Spirit.
The question is: how does anyone know that they are correctly hearing from the Holy Spirit?
Why is person A's answer from the Holy Spirit different from person B's answer.
People claim that they are right because they've been personally told by the Holy spirit and whoever doesn't agree with them doesn't hear from the Holy Spirit like THEY do.
That's a bunch of rot.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back