Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith vs Knowledge

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When it comes for doing mighty and great things such as miracles, signs and wonders, the Bible tells us to have faith to be able move the mountains (Matthew 21:21) but when it comes to be salvation, the Bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6) Why in this case can faith not preserve God’s people but instead we need knowledge?

When it comes for doing mighty and great things such as miracles, signs and wonders Bible tell as to have faith to be able move the mountains (Matthew 21:21) but when it comes to be salvation, the Bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6) Why in this case can faith not preserve God’s people but instead we need knowledge?

Greetings, John, and welcome to Christian Forums.

I took the liberty of editing your post so it was more readable in English.

I have to say it's an interesting question. I believe the answer is because our faith must draw us closer to God in order to receive wisdom from Him. If we do not do this, we are believing in Him but not learning from Him.

What is your answer to the question, and welcome once again.
Hidden In Him

Btw, do you have anything in English on your teachings?

When it comes for doing mighty and great things such as miracles, signs and wonders, the Bible tells us to have faith to be able move the mountains (Matthew 21:21) but when it comes to be salvation, the Bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6) Why in this case can faith not preserve God’s people but instead we need knowledge?
It would seem that knowledge of faith is important to even start being like Christ.

the definition of faith I just looked up said complete trust or confidence in someone or something, whereas knowledge is based on facts, information and skills acquired through experience and education. I believe it is important to have faith in Him; because all the facts and information is yet to be revealed unto this earth.

Does the Bible tells us to do "mighty and great things such as miracles, signs and wonders"? Not really, no. Christians are to be holy, faithful, loving and careful of God's truth, walking with Him in humble submission, but going about doing "signs and wonders" is nowhere made a priority for any Christian.

When Jesus spoke of a faith that could move a mountain (which he did on two occasions - Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21) he was not saying his disciples should attempt to do so, only that IF they had sufficient faith - not in themselves, but in God - they could command mountains to move about. Jesus was emphasizing the importance of faith by indicating it's potential power; he wasn't, though, teaching that commanding mountains ought to be done, or that "signs and wonders" should be performed as a common practice of Christians.

Hosea 4:6 isn't speaking of the Gospel of Salvation but about the utter absence of a knowledge concerning Himself among His Chosen People:

Hosea 4:1
1 Hear the word of the LORD, children of Israel: for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

And so, God promises the following:

Hosea 4:5-6
5 Therefore shalt you fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with you in the night, and I will destroy your mother.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.

A neglect of God, of a knowledge of Him and His truth, is a very dangerous thing for any person or nation!

In God's economy of things, knowledge and faith are not separate from each other. Faith rests upon knowledge; it is grounded in, and strengthened by, knowledge.

Romans 10:14
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?...

2 Timothy 1:12
12 ...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Romans 10:1-3
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

And so on. A faith that is not anchored well in knowledge of God and His truth is a faith bound for shipwreck.

Faith is believing in things we can not see such as our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To have knowledge is to understand the word of God as written in the Bible. The more you know the more faith you will have in God. God bless!

Hey All,
Don't you have to know in what you placed your faith? Can you define Biblical faith? Why is it important? Can you give an example of faith? Can you give an example of a lack of faith? Once a person has faith, what do they do with it?

Are those good reasons for needing knowledge?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

There is Spiritual knowledge that comes through being Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit that teaches us all Spiritual things we need to know, John 14:26. Than there is carnal (worldly) knowledge that can not perceive the things of the Spirit, Romans 8:1-14. God says His people perish because we were all created by God, but many have turned away from Him and for that they will perish instead of having eternal life with Him, John 3:16.

The power is not of us, the powerless. We have no power to do miracles. Living in these bodies of death.

Not sign and wonders. Wondering is not believing. it is wondering, wondering.

I would think not after the lying power of the god of this world The king of lying signs to wonder But after prophecy the living word of God needed to believe God for believers. An evil generation seeks after a sign rather that prophecy.
No sign was given to wonder after

A good exampleActs14. God through this prophet sent as apostles preaching the gospel. The gospel showing unseen work through His powerful faith.

The faithless unbelievers when they saw it with their eyes, they declare Paul and Barnabus as Roman gods coming in the likeness of dying mankind. . blaspheming the Holy Spirit the power that raised him who never walked as picture of salvation. (Gospel)

Acts 14:7 And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: (Prophecy of God ) who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith (Christ in us) to be healed Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Amen,

John, think of it this way: Knowledge is Spirit and Faith requires action. Here, you charge your phone through a cable from the power outlet/source? Before that what do you do? Get the cable.
Amen

Knowledge seems to me, to always be an intimate relationship.
And moving in Faith it seems is what is worked from having that relationship. So one is either believing or unbelieving.
Usually one may be unbelieving because they are acting on their own, what they can do in their own ability, which is without God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back