Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Does everyone already have faith inside of them?

This question comes from someone I know who is an atheist who says that faith is already inside of us we just haven't figured out how to use it yet. Please let me know your thoughts as I want to respond to them from in a logical, biblical way.

This question comes from someone I know who is an atheist who says that faith is already inside of us we just haven't figured out how to use it yet. Please let me know your thoughts as I want to respond to them from in a logical, biblical way.
Greetings
The founder of Faith
R-2023-10-23-T180432-326.gif
There is a 9 golden altar with 9 pillars on top of the altar, which Christ's throne is, the 9 pillars represent the 4 spirits which are the 4 corners of the earth, the north, south, west, and east, Exodus 30:1. Psalm 141:2. the golden altar is where prayers are received Revelation 8:3 - 4, by Christ Hebrews 3:1; Hebrews 7:25; Revelation 5:6; Revelation 10:1.

The seven spirits are before Christ, the lamp-stands or the Seven Churches are the Seven Stars, this is the Eternal Church which is in heaven, not on earth, but the light which is the temple that gives light,

See 1 Thessalonians 5:23; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17, To the lamp-stands which the seven Spirit hold before God.
R-2024-01-13-T174831-127.gif

Praying those who have the light give light, but there are those who, give out smoke like the burning of incense, instead of light See 1 John 2:20, 27;

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Praying with the mind 1 Corinthians 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

Praying in the Spirit 1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit, he speaks mysteries.

Acts 2:3-4 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

1 Corinthians 14:4-5 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.

Praying with faith Jude 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.

Greeting
this might be too much to understand because it is a mystery

Last edited:

If you have a soul, then yes you have the capacity for Faith. To believe, and to hold Faith; is merely a choice for any man (or woman).

strong meatYes .

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Greetings

sometimes the child needs milk, be faith some need of strong meat.
Hebrews 5: 12.
The Lord says always build up my children
kisspng-portable-network-graphics-clip-art-image-silhouett-1-group-photo-silhouette-png-transparent.jpg

There are three types of Faith.

no faith
little faith
Great faith

1139928-eb33a.gif
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And He said: 'I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith.

Matthew 6:30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Matthew 8:10 (NKJV)
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you,
I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!

Hey All,
childofgod71, Hawkman absolutely nailed it from the 3 point line. Yes. Every person has been given a measure of faith.

Your atheist friend is actually exercising his/her faith in atheism. He/she believes in something (or in his/her case nothing) greater than himself. Think about it.

If he wants to figure it out, here is a good place to start.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Reminder: this is the Q&A forum. The rules of this forum require that we remain focused on answering the OP's questions only and not engage or debate others.

childofgod71
The answer is going to be tough to give.
Every man gets a measure of faith,
IMHO it is on the outside of our potential spiritual being (we must be born again).

The small measure of faith must be moved from the outside to inside of a new heart and mind. Our stony heart becomes a new heart of flesh. Out carnal mind must become the mind of Christ.

The seed of the sower must fall on good ground (men’s hearts) to bring forth a bountiful harvest.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes .

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Thank you hawkman for your response! Is this passage only referencing believers? Or is the "measure of faith" given to the unbeliever as well? I thought it was the believer?
Grace and Peace

Thank you hawkman for your response! Is this passage only referencing believers? Or is the "measure of faith" given to the unbeliever as well? I thought it was the believer?
Grace and Peace
Hi Childofgod71
God gives enough grace to everyone in order for them to be aware of God and be able to accept Him into their heart.

I'd have to say that faith is for a believer.
We are saved by faith.
Ephesians 2:8

Welcome to the forum.

Hi childofgod71

Sure, I have faith that the chair I'm sitting in won't collapse.

But if you're speaking of faith in God, no. We aren't born with or otherwise already have some faith in them. As for your answer to you friend/acquaintance, I'd first ask why they think that? You must always start, when answering anyone's questions about faith and what they believe, if it seems out of step with what God's word says, why they believe what they believe.

So, why does your F/A think that we all have some kind of innate faith in God? And also when he says that 'we' just haven't figured out how to use it yet', I would ask who is 'we'. Does he believe that you haven't figured it out yet?

God bless,
Ted

Hi childofgod71

Sure, I have faith that the chair I'm sitting in won't collapse.

But if you're speaking of faith in God, no. We aren't born with or otherwise already have some faith in them. As for your answer to you friend/acquaintance, I'd first ask why they think that? You must always start, when answering anyone's questions about faith and what they believe, if it seems out of step with what God's word says, why they believe what they believe.

So, why does your F/A think that we all have some kind of innate faith in God? And also when he says that 'we' just haven't figured out how to use it yet', I would ask who is 'we'. Does he believe that you haven't figured it out yet?

God bless,
Ted
Ok Ted Thank you. I really do appreciate your response.

childofgod71
The answer is going to be tough to give.
Every man gets a measure of faith,
IMHO it is on the outside of our potential spiritual being (we must be born again).

The small measure of faith must be moved from the outside to inside of a new heart and mind. Our stony heart becomes a new heart of flesh. Out carnal mind must become the mind of Christ.

The seed of the sower must fall on good ground (men’s hearts) to bring forth a bountiful harvest.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
childofgod71

If we go to the parable of the sower some seed are on the way of life(?).
Romans 1:20 says that the things of creation show the nature of God. Is it hidden? Yes. Are we without excuse if we miss the symbolism? Evidently. Does it seem fair? I can not judge.

Romans 1:20 kjv
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

How faith comes? Through hearing and seeing? Through the Word of God. Through hearing the Word of God made flesh?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes, God has given to every person with a normally-functioning, average intellect the capacity to exercise faith in various things: one's doctor, or dentist, or barber, one's spouse, or the chef at one's favorite restaurant, chairs, bridges, cars, airplanes, and so on. It's not possible, actually, to move through life without at some point having faith in something.

Atheists like to use a slippery tactic to get around having to argue for their atheism, which is defining "atheism" as the "absence of a belief in God." They don't assert that there is no God, because it's an impossible assertion to defend. So, they resort to possessing no belief whatever about Him, though they want, from this position, to offer all sorts of criticism and challenge to those who do believe He exists. But to say, "I have no belief in God" is to give a sort of useless psychological description of oneself that contributes nothing to the question of God's existence. This is like approaching a group of guys discussing their favorite football team and declaring to them, "I possess no belief about football!" and then hanging around to criticize all their choices of teams. This is a quick route to being told to get stuffed, I think. At the very least, saying you have no belief of any sort about football quite disqualifies you from having anything of value to offer on the subject. Try writing a book about football when you have no belief about it. Every page would be empty. But this doesn't stop these I-don't-have-any-belief-in-God atheists from blabbing on about the views of those who do have a belief in God.

Atheists often argue, too, that they can't "just believe" there's a God any more than you could just believe there's a Flying Spaghetti Monster ruling the universe. But this, too, is a slippery maneuver because it assumes that there is just as much evidence and supporting argument for the Flying Spaghetti Monster as for God, which is not the case at all. The evidence and arguments for God vastly outstrip any "proof" one might offer for the existence of the Spaghetti Monster (which is nil). These two things - God and the Flying Spaghetti Monster - are actually in two different categories entirely.

Faith in what? In whom? We all have faith, but the only faith that gives you hope and strength is faith in Christ our Lord.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The faith of Christ, (KJV - John 12:44-50; Galatians 2:16; Philippians 3:9), is where we find faith in Christ. The newer translations has changed where it says faith of Christ to faith in Christ. There is a difference between faith of Christ and faith in Christ as you can read in those scriptures out of the KJV. The faith of Christ is what He believed in the Father as He never said or did anything above that which God gave Him to speak or to do while He was on earth. Our faith in Christ is the same faith of Christ He had in the Father as we can never go above that of what He taught us and the works He left for us to follow in.

The Son of God is that free gift of God's grace given to all who will believe by faith in Christ and confess Him as Lord and Savior so they will see the kingdom of God, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10. There is no working towards something that is free as all we have to do is accept the gift. Believe is a verb that means something we consider to be true as we have heard the Gospel and not only heard it, but also believe what is written for our well being.

Hey All,
Everybody is given a measure of faith. We all believe in something childofgod71.

The statement, " I don't believe in God." automatically acknowledges that God is possible. Try to make the statement without the object.
"I don't believe in"
You see? It doesn't work.
As soon as you add the object "God" you add the possibility.
The possibility, with the belief it is not possible, is denying the faith we have been given.
That is why the person who denies God is without excuse. (Romans 1:20)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

PS. And what do you mean there's no Spaghetti Monster? I saw him last week. He wasn't flying because he was "sauced."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back