Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

False teachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
aj830 said:
I believe I answered all these above. You just tried togo and make upyour own definition of what a cult is so you could attack the Church. And even with your definition the Catholic Church fits NONE of the criteria.

Sorry but since what separates God from man is sin, then calling Mary sinless makes her a God So you are in error when you say the catholics only worship one God.

Secondly, giving the pope the same title that Jesus said is only reserved for God, is indeed seeing the pope as equal with God, paritcularly when the catholics never, never, never disagree with the pope but disagree with Jesus all the time as in Matthew 23:9-10. So you are contradicting yourself again.

Sorry but since the Holy Spirit is the same Spirit with which the bible was written then they will always be in agreement with each other. But since the pope disagrees with Matthew 1:25, Matthew 23:9-10, Deuteronomy 4:15, Luke 1:47, Leviticus 26:1, 2 Corinthians 11:4-15, 2 Peter 2:3, and many other verses, then the pope is not coming from the Holy Spirit.

Since the catholics believe they are the only true church then they absolutely believe that other Christians who don't worship there are going to hell.

Sorry but what people pray to is what they worship. and the catholics pray to people all the time. :lol: There is also a picture of Pope John Paul kissing a statue of Mary. So you are in error again.

This statement is one of the most erroneous and bizarre statements I've ever seen. The OT was written long before Christ walked the earth and the NT is mainly Paul's letters. So it is a blatant falsehood that the Catholics compiled the bible. :roll: It's false beliefs like this one that make up a cult. And it nly comes from ebing brainwashed by the pope because this claim is nowhere in scripture and neither is the claim that Mary was sinless, a perpetual virgin or God's decree that believers should carve statues of created things. Those are all unbiblical, proving that Catholicism is a cult.

But again, no cult thinks it's a cult which is why it's almost impossible to de-program cult members. Most of them would rather die than leave the cult. And so it is with most catholics. :crying:

Heidi. We have discussed all these things before. I don't want to say I have given up on you but it is blantantly obvious that you do not wish to understand anything about the Catholic Church. You only want to use your false conceptions of what you believe to be the Catholic Church. Like Ihave said before, I am not trying to convert anyone, just trying to stop gross misconceptions and right out lies from being spread about the Catholic Church. You say Catholics are brainwashed and I take offense at that. My journey to come to Christ was a long exhausting one. I don't blindly listen to the Pope as you seem to think, he is not some militant dictator as you seem to portray him. So Heidi I would ask you to please stop saying what you think I believe. I DON'T WORSHIP MARY. I DON'T WORSHIP THE POPE. And one last note:
So it is a blatant falsehood that the Catholics compiled the bible.
The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church whether you like it or not. The Council of Carthage in 300 something(don't know the date off the top of my head) was the first to set down the canon of Scripture. The Catholic Church has preserved the Bible forover 1800 years. Protestants came and took some books out but still relied on the CATHOLIC Canon for the New Testament.

aj830 said:
Heidi. We have discussed all these things before. I don't want to say I have given up on you but it is blantantly obvious that you do not wish to understand anything about the Catholic Church. You only want to use your false conceptions of what you believe to be the Catholic Church. Like Ihave said before, I am not trying to convert anyone, just trying to stop gross misconceptions and right out lies from being spread about the Catholic Church. You say Catholics are brainwashed and I take offense at that. My journey to come to Christ was a long exhausting one. I don't blindly listen to the Pope as you seem to think, he is not some militant dictator as you seem to portray him. So Heidi I would ask you to please stop saying what you think I believe. I DON'T WORSHIP MARY. I DON'T WORSHIP THE POPE. And one last note:

The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church whether you like it or not. The Council of Carthage in 300 something(don't know the date off the top of my head) was the first to set down the canon of Scripture. The Catholic Church has preserved the Bible forover 1800 years. Protestants came and took some books out but still relied on the CATHOLIC Canon for the New Testament.

The bible was compiled by the holy Spirit who put it in the hearts of men what to include. But your claim that the bible was compiled by the catholic church does indeed reinforce my claim that the catholics believe that they and they alone have the truth as all cults also believe. So you are making my point all the more. ;-)

Also, do you or do you not intepret the bible through the pope? If not, then why do you believe in; the sinlessness of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, that we are supposed to erect carved images of created things, that we are supposed to call the pope "Our Holy Father" when none of those are in the bible and most of them contradict the bible? :o Where did you get those teachings if your faith is in God rather than in the pope? :o

The Bible was written by the Holy Spirit through men(who were Catholic might I add) and then later the books of the Bible were compiled by the Church to form the Bible and the Church, being protected by the Holy Spirit, proclaimed the Bible infallible. So yes the Church, protected by the Holy Spirit, did compile the books of the Bible into The Holy Bible.

The Church does have the fullness of the truth. Many other faiths have parts of the truth. You do have the truth just you don't have all of it and you have some falsehoods mixed in with the truth. And really only one religion can be right when you get right down to it.

And once again, you believe that tbese contradict the Bible. Christ gave Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven. I trust in Christ. And by trusting in Christ I trust that he gave his Church the Holy Spirit and protects it from error which he has been doing for the past 2000 years.

aj830 said:
The Bible was written by the Holy Spirit through men(who were Catholic might I add) and then later the books of the Bible were compiled by the Church to form the Bible and the Church, being protected by the Holy Spirit, proclaimed the Bible infallible. So yes the Church, protected by the Holy Spirit, did compile the books of the Bible into The Holy Bible.

The Church does have the fullness of the truth. Many other faiths have parts of the truth. You do have the truth just you don't have all of it and you have some falsehoods mixed in with the truth. And really only one religion can be right when you get right down to it.

And once again, you believe that tbese contradict the Bible. Christ gave Peter the keys to the kingdom of heaven. I trust in Christ. And by trusting in Christ I trust that he gave his Church the Holy Spirit and protects it from error which he has been doing for the past 2000 years.

If you trust in Christ, then why don't you just read his words instead of listening to the pope? If you just trusted Christ's words, then you wouldn't even think of calling the pope or priests 'fathers', or claiming that Mary was a virgin all her life when Matthew 1:25 says that she wasn't or praying to people because there's no mention of praying to people in the bible. So no, you obviously trust the pope more than you trust Jesus, proving that Catholicism is a cult. ;-)

I do trust in Christ. That's is why I read his Word. That is why I take the entire Bible incontext and not nitpicking verses to disprove others doctines.

Now tell me why don't you trust Jesus? Why don't you eat his flesh and drink his blood? Why don't you confess your sins to others? Why don't you trust his Church which He himself said the gates of hell would not prevail against? After all, all these ideas are scriptural.

You still don't understand the doctrine of the communion of saints. We don't pray to saints. We ask them to pray for us.

aj830 said:
I do trust in Christ. That's is why I read his Word. That is why I take the entire Bible incontext and not nitpicking verses to disprove others doctines.

Now tell me why don't you trust Jesus? Why don't you eat his flesh and drink his blood? Why don't you confess your sins to others? Why don't you trust his Church which He himself said the gates of hell would not prevail against? After all, all these ideas are scriptural.

You still don't understand the doctrine of the communion of saints. We don't pray to saints. We ask them to pray for us.

Ah, sorry, but your post proves you have zero clue what John 6:53-63 is about. So what is it that you think gives everlasting life inside of a person? Once you answer that question correctly, you'll have understood what Jesus is talking about in John 6:53-63. But I suspect you don't know the answer to that question if you think that Jesus Christ is store-bought bread. :lol:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back