Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

False teachers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

Hitch

We have been warned of false teachers in the end times, the purpose of this thread is to publicly examine the 'prophecy' by Copeland below and other teachings ascribed to him on the site linked, for the purpose of determining whether these teachings are biblical and prophectic utterances also attributed to Copeland, are true, that is have come to pass.
Opponents and critics of Copeland should support their claims with quotes, articles etc, as should defenders.

Kenneth Copeland, Word of Life Christian Center, Honolulu HI,
Dedication Celebration Service, Evening, Dec. 2, 2001 "And there are going to be multiplied millions upon millions, there's going to be close to a billion people that have been trapped in that religion, that over the next few months are gonna to come into the kingdom of God. (cheering) That's gonna happen, you watch and see what I'm telling you. Because its been ... I'm telling you Satan's fat is in the fire he pushed it over the line, and God has moved, and for over a hundred years the United States has been an instrument of judgment in the hand of God. That's one of the reasons we're blessed, amen? I'd like to get in there and walk around a while but I don't have the time but I can tell you this, that thing has come to an end, its over, I'm talking about Islam and every, all that that stands for. That's over with. Now, God is making His move."

False prophet extraordinaire Kenneth Copeland, in a dedication service on 12/02/01 for the new 2000 seat Word of Life church auditorium in Honolulu, predicted that close to one billion Muslims would be saved in the next few months.

moving-audio-clip.gif
Here's the link to the audio clip of the above. It's in MP3 format. Now, just for fun, let's countdown the days till this prediction is fulfilled.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/copelandmuslims.html

Last edited by a moderator:
i am curious, not that i listen to copeland, hinn, or those types of tv evangelists

but what if your pastor stated something that was doctrinally false?

i want to clarify something here.

"I was shocked when I found out who the biggest failure in the Bible actually is...The biggest one in the whole Bible is God...I mean, He lost His top-ranking, most anointed angel; the first man He ever created; the first woman He ever created; the whole earth and all the fullness therein; a third of the angels, at least - that's a big loss, man....Now, the reason you don't think of God as a failure is He never said He's a failure. And you're not a failure till you say you're one." (Ken Copeland, Audio-Clip "Christianity in Crisis," Hank Hanegraaff)

i am curious, not that i listen to copeland, hinn, or those types of tv evangelists

but what if your pastor stated something that was doctrinally false?

i want to clarify something here.
Topic please.

Read this carefully...

Copeland prophesied, As Jesus is speaking through him at three day victory camp in
Dallas TX.
"Don't be disturbed when people accuse you of thinking you're God. Don't be disturbed
when people accuse you of a fanatical way of life. Don't be disturbed when people put
you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of me, should they
not speak that way of you?
The more you get to be like me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They
crucified me for claiming I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I
walked with him and he was in me.â€
Hallelujah that's what you’re doing. (Printed in
Voice of Victory vol.15.no.2 1987)

Here is a conversation with Paul Crouch on TBN, after the fall out on this very subject of
Copeland's prophecy. {Crouch}"Were still questioning what was said about that
prophecy, {Copeland}" that prophecy never mentions the son of God, it never said
anything about the son of God "Crouch what did it say ?" it said I did not claim to be
God!" that’s all it said." {Crouch }"In other words in so many words your right nowhere
in the NT did he literally get up and, (Copeland interjects "preach and say I am God ")
say I AM God did he. Now I stand corrected."

Read this carefully...

Copeland prophesied, As Jesus is speaking through him at three day victory camp in
Dallas TX.
"Don't be disturbed when people accuse you of thinking you're God. Don't be disturbed
when people accuse you of a fanatical way of life. Don't be disturbed when people put
you down and speak harshly and roughly of you. They spoke that way of me, should they
not speak that way of you?
The more you get to be like me, the more they're going to think that way of you. They
crucified me for claiming I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I
walked with him and he was in me.â€
Hallelujah that's what you’re doing. (Printed in
Voice of Victory vol.15.no.2 1987)

Here is a conversation with Paul Crouch on TBN, after the fall out on this very subject of
Copeland's prophecy. {Crouch}"Were still questioning what was said about that
prophecy, {Copeland}" that prophecy never mentions the son of God, it never said
anything about the son of God "Crouch what did it say ?" it said I did not claim to be
God!" that’s all it said." {Crouch }"In other words in so many words your right nowhere
in the NT did he literally get up and, (Copeland interjects "preach and say I am God ")
say I AM God did he. Now I stand corrected."

part of the reason i dont listen to him , we arent Gods but are to walk and operate in faith, only God is god.

that i do know he teaches.

and its new age at its best.

Wanting to stay on topic.... Tell me is this a Copeland thread or WoF
The 'prophecy' which I had never heard of untill yesterday is such an outrage :screwloose I'd like to stay with Copeland specificly.
Who knows a defence may be offered.

"God cannot do anything for you apart or separate from faith. Faith is God's source of power."
"Freedom from Fear," KCM, 1980, pg. 11-12

My Bible says..

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

The 'prophecy' which I had never heard of untill yesterday is such an outrage :screwloose I'd like to stay with Copeland specificly.
Who knows a defence may be offered.

i know of none.

i still know recently that he holds that junk still as i recall that he did state that if one reads the bible that one can become Godlike

why yes we will line up with God will when we conform to his word but that doesnt mean we can speak and pow it happens all the time.

our thinking of the matter maynot be in line with God sees (healing promises and so forth)

but that doesnt mean we cant stand on the word either.

"God cannot do anything for you apart or separate from faith. Faith is God's source of power."
"Freedom from Fear," KCM, 1980, pg. 11-12

My Bible says..

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
A case could be made that Ken is saying we empower God.

i know of none.

i still know recently that he holds that junk still as i recall that he did state that if one reads the bible that one can become Godlike

why yes we will line up with God will when we conform to his word but that doesnt mean we can speak and pow it happens all the time.

our thinking of the matter maynot be in line with God sees (healing promises and so forth)

but that doesnt mean we cant stand on the word either.
I assume those operating the site linked, chose this one for its clarity and outrageous claims, easily supported or confounded, as a good example. That was a large gathering, its frightening what this guy might say when only insiders are nearby.

"Well, He created all those planets, how come you can't create something? You don't know as much about it as He does. He has a greater working knowledge of that faith than you do. But we're learning. Our time is coming. And in some ways its already here."
Kenneth Copeland, Cornerstone Church with John Hagee, San Antonio, Texas, August 18, 1999.

Good honest Christian folks can be taken in as i was with KC (WoF). Once a person refuses to hear the truth of Scripture against such they become part of the cult. There is a vast difference between making a mistake or even misspeaking, and what KC is doing.

Enough of this trash for today...Got to go read something of God.

I assume those operating the site linked, chose this one for its clarity and outrageous claims, easily supported or confounded, as a good example. That was a large gathering, its frightening what this guy might say when only insiders are nearby.

a friend of mine hear faithtransforms listens to him alot and sent me a video.

she doesnt hold that whacked view at all. on that video he did state what i stated.

but with her i have educated her to the level that she realized that only God does what he wants to do and that we cant will things in faith. she agrees. just because we believe something and its in the bible outside of salvatioon doesnt mean God will do that as he has the bigger picture then we do.

and i cant speak forth the repentence of my grandma a jew and command her to come to christ.

but i can pray and believe that God in his timing will do just that save her.

if it happens or not its in God's control

I used to really like Copeland and others of the Word of Faith movement until I come to realize that they can get really off from the word of God. I remember Duplantis telling how God brought dead bodies to Adam and when Adam spoke and gave them a name then they came to life. Much of what they teach makes God simply a righteous force that can be used and man the one who is in charge. It is the same promise that satan gave to Eve, "you will be as gods".

ok. i know how you feel, but if you look at the history of the men such as smith and also the guy who started the jws they didnt just all of started way out there it was a gradual subversion of the word.

Dear Hitch, All that I believe about Kenneth Copeland is not based on anything I have heard him say, but on what Hank Hannegraaf said that he said/taught in his book "Christianity In Crisis". Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, OR. This book has been updated in a 21st century edition. I have seen what Benny Hinn does in Pentecostal services, and "slays people in the Spirit". I don't read St. Peter, St. Paul, St. John, St. Andrew, St. James, any of the NT apostles doing anything like that. That is theatrics and hysteria in the name of "the Holy Spirit" (sic). Not everything that comes from the "Assemblies of God" denomination is good or right.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
According to Hannegraaf, Hinn teaches there are 3 persons in each Person of the Holy Trinity, making 9 persons total in the Christian Godhead, ALLEGEDLY.
Heresy, clearly.

Dear Hitch, All that I believe about Kenneth Copeland is not based on anything I have heard him say, but on what Hank Hannegraaf said that he said/taught in his book "Christianity In Crisis". Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, OR. This book has been updated in a 21st century edition. I have seen what Benny Hinn does in Pentecostal services, and "slays people in the Spirit". I don't read St. Peter, St. Paul, St. John, St. Andrew, St. James, any of the NT apostles doing anything like that. That is theatrics and hysteria in the name of "the Holy Spirit" (sic). Not everything that comes from the "Assemblies of God" denomination is good or right.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
According to Hannegraaf, Hinn teaches there are 3 persons in each Person of the Holy Trinity, making 9 persons total in the Christian Godhead, ALLEGEDLY.
Heresy, clearly.
Thats a new one.

This isn't like that. This is a smear job. We must be vigilant, but not vigilantes.

i have heard mr. copeland say what they say. on tv, and recently he alluded. if you doubt my charachter there is one who knows me far better then any staff here.

faithtransforms pm her on this matter and ask her i have listened to a copeland video that she sent me almost a yr ago. she still listens to him.

i know that he isnt wrong all the time,but i have heard him say these things. i have listend to him when i was young in christ for a yr or two when i could watch tbn and had time to do so.

so my position isnt of smear but that his own words speak agaisnt him.

i have no doubt of faith's charachter she is sincere and neither does she agree with all of him or hinn

and slain in the spirit is another topic.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back