Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Family vacation spots with little ones

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

Where are your favorite places to vacation with children? Honestly, I'd have to say that camping are our best family vacations. We're pondering the thought of going to Disney next year. Not sure if Disney is geared towards kids anymore though. I heard that they had gotten rid of a lot of the kids rides (my kids don't like fast stuff).

Share your favorite family vacation spots with children or recommend places to go.

***NOTE: Please DO NOT debate the fact that Disney supports "gay pride day". I'm well aware of that. Such posts WILL be deleted. If you feel the need to debate that, please start a new thread in the appropriate folder. Thank you! ***

We just got back from Disneyland. We told the kids that we were going to see me get an award at a conference. (They are gulible enough to think I would get an award. :) )

They got suspicious when they saw a street named Disney way, but were surprised when we pulled into the gates. They are 9 and 11, and they had a great time. The youngest was recovering from a cold so she was heavily medicated. However, she didn't want to rest much.

We rode most of the rides. I would say that Disney appeals to kids of age 4 and up. However, if you want to hit more than Toontown and Fantasy Land, the kids should probably be at least 7. The only downside is that Spring break started that weekend, so it was busier than the previous week (which was rainy so maybe it was a better weekend).

It was fun but exhatusting. Definitely not a cheap vacation. The bad thing is we found out she had the flu and the whole family was sick the week after we came back. I am still recovering.

Quath

I hate to hear about your daughter being sick. That's no fun. :sad

What a cute way to surprise them though!!! Do you live close to Disney? it would be about a 10 hour drive for us. Ick. Not something I look forward to.

I ended up showing my kids pictures and video of different rides on the Disney site and they both said they would be too scared. My 7 year old said "I'll go when I'm 12" and my 5 year old said she would go when she was 10. :lol: They are major chickens when it comes to rides. We talked them into going on a kiddie roller coaster at the beach last year and they were BOTH in tears when it was over. I'm not going to travel all that way and spend that much money if we all can't enjoy the rides they have to offer.

So, I have 5 years to save up the money for our Disney vacation! That takes a lot of stress off me! :lol:

Nikki said:
What a cute way to surprise them though!!! Do you live close to Disney? it would be about a 10 hour drive for us. Ick. Not something I look forward to.
It was about a 6 hour drive. Not too horrible, but not something I want to do on a regular basis.

I ended up showing my kids pictures and video of different rides on the Disney site and they both said they would be too scared. My 7 year old said "I'll go when I'm 12" and my 5 year old said she would go when she was 10. :lol: They are major chickens when it comes to rides. We talked them into going on a kiddie roller coaster at the beach last year and they were BOTH in tears when it was over. I'm not going to travel all that way and spend that much money if we all can't enjoy the rides they have to offer.
Yeah. Some of the rides are scary for reasons I did not anticipate. Like in Pinocho's ride, the girls freaked out at the end when they saw a huge whale at the end with its mouth open wide. They also got freaked out on Alice in Wonderland's ride. At one part you go along a windy path over the heads of the people in line. I tried to spice up the ride by saying that the track was crumbling and we needed to jump out. I wonder how much the therapist bill will be?!?

So, I have 5 years to save up the money for our Disney vacation! That takes a lot of stress off me! :lol:
Blah. We should have saved for 5 years also. We had to put some popcorn on lay-a-way.

Quath

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back