Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Favorite childhood book?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JoJo

What was your favorite book from childhood? Mine was the "Ramona the Pest" series by Beverly Cleary. I loved her books so much, I wanted to be Beverly Cleary! (I still dream about writing children's books) :study

dr seus the cat in the hat, red fish blue fish, green eggs and ham, and the grinch who stole christmas, horton hears a who

jason

JoJo said:
What was your favorite book from childhood? Mine was the "Ramona the Pest" series by Beverly Cleary. I loved her books so much, I wanted to be Beverly Cleary! (I still dream about writing children's books) :study

Ramona the Pest books were my granddaughters favorite. She also loved the Dr. Seuss books. I remember her saying....Constantinople...when she was two and a half. I always laughed when I heard her.

As I'm much older....my favorite was Girl of the Limberlost and I also enjoyed the Nancy Drew mysteries.

May I add....it's never too late JoJo...why just dream? :yes

Thanks, whirlwind! That's so true. :)

I also loved the Nancy Drew books. I read the originals, passed down from my mom. They were great!

JoJo said:
Thanks, whirlwind! That's so true. :)

I also loved the Nancy Drew books. I read the originals, passed down from my mom. They were great!

Ooooh my gosh, I forgot all about the ramona books and the nancy drew books also.. I loved those books :) aww.. memories

I also loved the babysitter's club.. anyone read those? And the Hardy boys..

My mom used to take us to the library all the time and let us pick out books.. I am so appreciative of that.. she definitely sparked my interest in reading..

oh man.. now i'm getting homesick.. ughhhh

kimberlyb0112 said:
My mom used to take us to the library all the time and let us pick out books.. I am so appreciative of that.. she definitely sparked my interest in reading..

I'm also so appreciative that my mom did that. We would leave the library with a huge stack of books and we just loved them. I had a love for reading since my early childhood. Of course these were the days before video games and Internet. Today's parents (like me) have to battle that for our kids' attention.

The hobbit awesome, i never read all of the the trilogoy on glanced it for the english class in high school

jason

walter said:
The Hobbit! :)

That's one of my favorite adult books now. :tongue

But I think I have to go with all the Zoo Books if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I've always loved animals and when I was a kid I loved reading the Zoo Books and their realistic illustrations. I was afraid of the one on spiders though, lol.

Finis,
Eric

Where the Wild Things Are

I can't quite explain why I like it so much, it's just a wonderful book. :yes

jasoncran said:
The hobbit awesome, i never read all of the the trilogoy on glanced it for the english class in high school

jason

You should. Fascinating.

Finis,
Eric

wavy, perhaps you should look the first lotr and the hobbit movie done by aurthur rankin/jules bass
a classic, but the the trilogy was cut short, too short, however the hobbit was done really well

i graduated high school in' 91

jason

Kyle said:
Where the Wild Things Are

I can't quite explain why I like it so much, it's just a wonderful book. :yes
my best friend in 2nd grade had that book - good memories!

jasoncran said:
wavy, perhaps you should look the first lotr and the hobbit movie done by aurthur rankin/jules bass
a classic, but the the trilogy was cut short, too short, however the hobbit was done really well

i graduated high school in' 91

jason

The cartoon? Seen it. :thumb

I'm only 21, so that should tell you how long ago I graduated highschool. :shades

Finis,
Eric

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back