Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Follow Jesus, Not Humans Part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lovekr07

Verse of the day
Hebrews 5:7

During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Hebrews 5:7

Jesus knows how to pray better than anyone. To learn how to better pray, Jesus is the best one to study. Everything He did when He walked the earth was to set an example for us. Lord, I am so thankful that You came not only to die for us so that we may be saved, but You set the perfect example for us to follow so that we know how to please You!!! Thank You, Lord!!! Hallelujah!! I want to be like YOU!!! The Bible is full of great examples, but they were all sinners and fell short; none of them were perfect. May Your church be full of people who follow You and copy YOU and not other humans…even godly ones. When we copy others and seek to be like them, it is easy to worship them like idols and it risks us not becoming who you want US to be. You don’t want us to be like anyone else. When we follow YOU, You will show us who You want US to be and what OUR callings are. Lord, I pray that You will lead me and show me who I am in Christ and what exactly You created ME for. May I never idolize humans ever again like I did for years. I don’t want to be like them. I want to be like You! Also, in every case where I idolized humans and wanted to be like them, You ended up showing me why I shouldn’t want that. Point taken. Humans are imperfect and they all fail. You were here for the purpose of giving us THE example to follow. Humans will lead us to worship idols and become something we are not. We will also run the risk of adopting some habits and traditions and beliefs that are not biblical. When we follow You, we will not stray from the pure Gospel.

Back