Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Food Network

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JoJo

Are there any other Food Network junkies out there? I confess to spending way too much time watching it. My favorite shows are Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Iron Chef America, and Dinner Impossible. Anybody else love these shows?

I haven't watched in a long time. When Steve's grandma was still alive, she and I used to sit together and watch a lot of food network shows. She had early stages of Alzheimers and it was hard to have conversation with her, but when she watched cooking shows, I guess it triggered all her memories of cooking meals for her family and she really enjoyed talking about the recipes. I have this huge, photo filled Cookbook and we would look through that together as well.

Oh, how nice! My mom and I used to watch Food Network together a lot, but then she remarried and moved away to Texas. :sad

I don't watch the Food Network regularly. However, when I happen to turn it on, I'm instantly hooked.

i work for the scripps howard part time, the owner the food network, thanks for ensuring i still have a job

jason

Armor of God, my son loved the Iron Chef Japan. Personally, I was so lost in the diverse ingredients that I couldn't get into it as much as I'd have liked. One good thing about watching these shows is that it is expanding my interests and tastes. I still need to get around to trying asparagus one day! lol

Kyle, yep it has that effect!

Jason, awesome! What do you do for them? (pssst...hook me up!) :lol

JoJo said:
Armor of God, my son loved the Iron Chef Japan. Personally, I was so lost in the diverse ingredients that I couldn't get into it as much as I'd have liked. One good thing about watching these shows is that it is expanding my interests and tastes. I still need to get around to trying asparagus one day! lol

Kyle, yep it has that effect!

Jason, awesome! What do you do for them? (pssst...hook me up!) :lol
scripps howard look them up as they own several networks, ie newspapers, tv stations, i'm lowly paper boy, if it wasnt for the ownership of the food network,gameshow network and the travel network(i think) and the wptv channel 5 the paper side would have folded up. that's why i said that.

scripps howard has been around long time, bout 100+yrs, along with the hearst family of newspapers.

jason

So, has anyone actually tried the recipes on these shows, or is that another post area. I would be interested in what tastes really excellent.

I don't know that I've ever followed an actual recipe from one of the shows, but I have gotten plenty of ideas! Take for instance, jambalaya. I'd never had it before, and then once I was watching Bobby Flay make it, so I decided I had to try it for myself. But ssshhh, don't tell anyone...I didn't make it from scratch. I used Zatarain's. :lol

Cheeeaater! :lol
I like anything flambe. Just as long as it's not toooo hot and spicy. Anything like chicken, beef, lamb, pork....and all the fixin's. I love fully dressed pizza too, with shrimp.

I like a little spice in my food, but nothing much hotter than jalapenos. I once had a coworker offer some of his salsa. I tried a teeeeeny tiny bit of it and WOW my tongue burned for hours! It was made with habanero peppers. Whew! :oops

I'd be drinking water for hours. I can barely handle jalapenos. :lol
Which is the best food show? Doesn't have to be fancy, just really tasty.
I would like to find the winning recipes in different categories.

The best food show? Hmmm, I think for learning all about various common foods, cooking techniques and good, simple recipes, I would say "Good Eats" with Alton Brown. I have learned so much from his show. Also Bobby Flay, Paula Dean, Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee, Sunny Anderson and Tyler Florence are some of my other favorites for good food ideas.

Alright, I'll check that out. Also, which is the best internet site for free recipes...or is that another topic area...somewhere.

You can count me into being a junkie :thumb

i often can't shut the TV off at night bc they might make something I would love. :crazy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back