Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] For Better or Worse ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

twinc

should way out, weird and wacky pseudo/phony non science and nonsense, posing in the guise of genuine science and giving science a bad reputation be taught in Christian schools in preference to Creationism - twinc

Christian schools generally don't teach creationism, which is a very recent doctrine, invented by the Seventh-Day Adventists.

It's not weird or wacky pseudoscience, it's just an unorthodox religious belief.

Christian schools generally don't teach creationism, which is a very recent doctrine, invented by the Seventh-Day Adventists.

It's not weird or wacky pseudoscience, it's just an unorthodox religious belief.

why do Christian schools teach way out, weird and wacky pseudo/phony non science and nonsense in preference to Creationism which was invented by God via Moses and is quite recent and not billions of years ago - twinc

Of course no school should teach kids pseudoscience. Unless for the purpose of warning them that there's a lot of hogwash out there and teaching them how to tell real science and hogwash apart.

what for, the man challenged yec, which being of jewish lineage and have done one feast, I do know they have two callenders. jews use the moon , not the sun to mark feasts. the shabat is marked by the sundown and so forth and as each start of the feasts but the week or day of is marked by a lunar cycle.
the jewish calendar is 5775. why is that? it has do when adam was made and from then today.

What standards are we using to deteine cookieness and phoneiness?

just consider - it seems yesterday's children = today's adults and today's children = tomorrow adults were and are being taught as follows -
Juniors = via google see [Fact vs Faith]textbooks
Seniors = www.EvolutionvsGod.com

sadly, it seems, even in Christian schools - so is this preferable to Creationism - twinc

I thought creationism was the belief in the creation account in Genesis. That certainly isn't new and wasn't invented by the SDA. Is "creationsism" something different?

just consider - it seems yesterday's children = today's adults and today's children = tomorrow adults were and are being taught as follows -
Juniors = via google see [Fact vs Faith]textbooks
Seniors = www.EvolutionvsGod.com

sadly, it seems, even in Christian schools - so is this preferable to Creationism - twinc
Can you please summarize what you mean. I was trained to be a biology teacher, so I can tell you whether or not what you think is being taught is actually being taught.

I thought creationism was the belief in the creation account in Genesis. That certainly isn't new and wasn't invented by the SDA. Is "creationsism" something different?
Creationism later renamed Intelligent Design was coined by the Creation Institute. Basically Creationism is recognized as what ever the current stance of the Creation Institute and is usually link with its political moves as well.

Creationism later renamed Intelligent Design was coined by the Creation Institute. Basically Creationism is recognized as what ever the current stance of the Creation Institute and is usually link with its political moves as well.
I see. Thanks for that explanation. I didn't know that's where the term came from.

I thought creationism was the belief in the creation account in Genesis.

No, it's rather different. For example it doesn't say how long ago it was, or even how long each "yom" was. And in Genesis God says that the Earth brought forth life, not from nothing, as the creationists say.

That certainly isn't new and wasn't invented by the SDA.

YE creationism is the invention of the SDA. There are forms of creationism that are very close to, or even consistent with Christian belief.

Yeah, I can always check for stuff on search engines, but I wanted to hear from people I knew first. A lot of times when you google something you get a bunch of hits with no idea if they are reliable or not. One could be written by and expert in the field and another could be written by a high school kid that has little real knowledge and is just practicing his communication skills. I think I've pretty much got the idea, and I'll go look at those two sites now. Thanks.

I think I should explain myself a little more. Creationism is really a very big umbrella term. Formally it usually used to address the current political/religious movement of The creation Institute or apologetic. The term can also mean any concept that involves the universe or life combing to be from a creator being it biblical or otherwise.

The reason why many secularists look down on the concept is due to the fact that its very disjointed and doesn't have a lot of core definitions or explanation of mechanics. Its mostly an assertion/belief system.

I think I should explain myself a little more. Creationism is really a very big umbrella term. Formally it usually used to address the current political/religious movement of The creation Institute or apologetic. The term can also mean any concept that involves the universe or life combing to be from a creator being it biblical or otherwise.

The reason why many secularists look down on the concept is due to the fact that its very disjointed and doesn't have a lot of core definitions or explanation of mechanics. Its mostly an assertion/belief system.

even if so but not according to creationists better than pseudo/phony fakes, frauds, cons, cover ups, way out, weird and wacky, non science and nonsense - the big ones presently doing the rounds viz Dinosaurs and millions of years and the Big Bang as now you see me and accept me and now you don't - twinc

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back