Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Former Atheist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

vwsmurfy

Boy do I have a long story. I am an ex-Atheist. And when I say Atheist...I mean ATHEIST. My goal in every single religious debate I have been in over the years has been to convince believers that there was no God. That was my goal in every single argument, and I convinced more that a few in my time.
I won't go into my story much here...is there a testimonial thread?
Either way I just sorta wanted to introduce myself. I was saved about a week ago but I am in no way new to Christianity. I was once a believer before me and God had a big falling out so to say. And for years I have studied Christianity in an attempt to find faults and contradictions within the Bible. About a week ago a good Christian friend of me convinced me to go to church with him. A few things happened that Sunday that forced me to make the decision to go through all my dusty old notes and my old Bible and kind of re-study everything with an open and fresh mind. It was a combination of things the preacher said at that service, the way that people in that church were more than nice to me ( I don't look like the church going type. Tattoos everywhere, and piercings) yet no one told me I was not welcome. They seemed glad to have me actually. Something about that Sunday made me want to look into my disbelief and see if just maybe there was something I missed. And of course, I found that something. God gave me the talent of writing as well as the talent of speech. Even as a child people said I would grow up to be either a preacher, a lawyer, or an author. And I was using those gifts against the very God that blessed me with those talents. But now the tables have turned, and it is my goal to kinda make it up to God. I realize I am forgiven, but no matter that, The Harvest is Great but the Laborers are Few...and personally I feel like this is my mission in life. God had to drag me through ALOT of bad things to prepare me for this. Prison...drugs...addictions...violence...you name it, I have probable endured it. And yet by the grace of God, here I stand.
Anyways, this is my long introduction, :biggrin
I joined this forum to learn as well as to teach. If I can help someone, sometime, somewhere...then I am doing what I really feel in my heart that God has been preparing me to do.

:amen :amen :amen

Thank you for sharing your testimony!!! I hope you will continue to visit this forum. I pray God blesses us with your presence and testimony. Please, please, please stick around!

Awesome Smurfy..... Welcome aboard in the name of Jesus to CF. I hope in Christ you enjoy your walk with us as we all strive for the same goal...to see the Saviors face and dwell with HIM for eternity. God Bless you. My daddy was an atheist until he had his near death experience years ago. It sure turned him around in believing there's a God.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I do plan to stick around here. Been a bit sick with the stomach flu but am finally feeling better today. At least enough to be able to respond, lol.
My testimonial is something I have been working on for awhile now. It's kinda long but I think it is well worth the read. I am going to search for that thread sometime tomorrow and try to get it all on here.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

welcome, glad to have a former atheist, we could use your testimony in the apologetics side if you dont mind

I would be happy to post my testimony on that thread. Actually I am going to put it on the Apologetic thread and the actual testimony thread. If it's considered a double post then just remove one. Not sure how you guys are about that on this particular forum.

vwsmurfy said:
I would be happy to post my testimony on that thread. Actually I am going to put it on the Apologetic thread and the actual testimony thread. If it's considered a double post then just remove one. Not sure how you guys are about that on this particular forum.
There is a testemony sub-forum in General talk. Please leave it there. Abologgetics and theoloy is onot really the place, unless you want to discuss lots of scripturre.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back