Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Friend with Anorexia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Gendou Ikari

I know I am an atheist, but I am asking you to help me out and please pray for my friend, who is suffering from anorexia. I have to get ready and leave for class this morning in a little while, but I really don't want to end up attending her funeral in a few months. :sad

Thanks.

I will certainly do so! Anorexia is a terrible disease, I hope she can get a handle on it. I'll also pray that, even though you are currently rejecting Him (hey, you never know what the future might bring), God in His sovereign and sometimes mysterious way, will bring to your mind the things to say and the things to do to best support your friend now.

Of course. Anorexia is really terrible and I pray that God will heal her and bring peace of mind to you both.

:pray

Gendou, my prayers here too. I wish this were a different area to discuss another matter, because I'd love to know how you see the difference between yourself and Richard Dawkins who refuses to accept prayer for his cancer.

It's extraordinary of you to reach out like this, all things considered. :pray:pray:pray

Lord only you can heal this person. I ask that you be merciful and heal her and save her. i believe that you are able and be with her family and friends in jesus name. amen

Lord, I bring before you this girl who is suffering from anorexia. You know her name, her heart, and her current struggle. I pray and ask for your mercy Lord Jesus. I ask you to pour your mercy over her, your compassion, and your love. I pray that you keep her and protect her from killing herself because of anorexia. Lord, you know why she is anorexic and I ask that you bring healing into her heart. Heal the wounds that caused this sickness in her. Heal her mind to see herself as who she really is and not who Satan tells her she is. Most importantly, Lord, please overwhelm her in Your love, that she can find salvation in You. Send the Gospel to her in your perfect timing. Thank you Lord. In Jesus' Name I ask. Amen.

God set me free from anorexic thinking. I had it from puberty on. It got so bad that I was in a museum once and found myself critically looking at a human skeleton (true story.)

It warps your thinking beyond belief.

Anyways, (I also remember seeing a documentry on tv of two aneroxic twins a couple of months before one of them died and thinking they could lose a few pounds.)

It's a mental condition.

A lot of women struggle with eating disorders. I was set free at an alter call. Just 'boom' and no more problem.

It never fully manifested with me so that I ended up in hospital or anything, but it could have. I think it was only Gods protection that it didn't. I was pretty messed up as a teenager.

Will add my prayers. God definatly can set your friend free. :pray

PS. Eating disorders can have their roots in trauma or emotional issues. So sometimes seeing those healed can cause the overlying issues to dissolve. So in most people it's a process. But occasionally God will do a miracle for someone in a given area as well. Just instantly. (For example I had a friend with chronic fatigue syndrome who suffered from it for ten years. She went through a long journey with God healing all the causes of it (which were many, mostly emotionally and physical abuse issues) and when that was all dealt with he healed her instantly at a conference. I was sitting next to her at the time. She met/got together with her future husband that very night and married shortly afterwards. She also went into full time teaching a month or so later.

Sometimes healing is simple and sometimes it isn't. But God is always bigger. If you can support your friend in anything she wants to talk about and be there for her if/when she goes through anything painful, no matter how implausible or unrealistic it might sound to you, it could prove to be a big help.

God bless

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back