Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gay Scout leaders

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What you don't realize is that God does give people the chance - the Truth is out there for all to hear or read but they choose to ignore it. If there are ppl who have never heard or are unable to have an understanding then I don't believe He sends them to Hell but judges them according to their hearts.

What you don't realize is that God does give people the chance - the Truth is out there for all to hear or read but they choose to ignore it.

How are people to know it's the truth if it comes from people's mouths? People are imperfect. They lie. They make stuff up. There's literally thousands of religions in this world and they all claim to be the truth.

The maker of the universe wouldn't have to compete for shelf-space in the religion section of the bookstore if he wanted his will to be known!

That's my point. I know you're a good person (or at least I "sense" it.) I have no problem with people believing in God as it usually does good, and the Christian ethic is pretty good most of the time. I just get upset when it goes overboard and ends up doing the worse.

Yes - there are a lot of people making up their own religions and a lot of cults. The funny thing is that most every single one of these has at least some Biblical base but strays enough from the truth to make it a cult. If God and His Word aren't the original Truth, why do all these other religions borrow from it? The Bible of today has been proven to be 99.5% accurate with the remaing .5% being small gramatical errors that do not change the Truth as a whole. (I have another thread regarding this somewhere in here with links provided).

Even the Muslims will accept the Biblical Historical accounts until it gets to the story of Abraham and Isaac - that is where they begin to twist it to suit their own needs. They say it was Ishmael, not Isaac, who Abraham took to Moriah to be sacraficed (in obedience to God - and God stopped Abraham from this and provided a lamb for the sacrafice - just as he did with His son Jesus). In fact, the seperation of the Jews and the Arabs began when Hagar and her son Ishmael were driven out and God spared them and caused them to become a great nation of their own - even though He knew they would change the truth of who He really was.

BTW - thanks for the compliment, :oops: I certainly try to be as kind and understanding as I can.

The Bible of today has been proven to be 99.5% accurate with the remaing .5% being small gramatical errors that do not change the Truth as a whole.

Heidi, that's an absurd claim. 8)

If there was proof of anything you wouldn't need faith.

Well, as absurd as it may seem to you, I believe it is true.

Anyway, I will have to stop for today - now I have to teach Ballet to 3-4 year olds, then after them, the teens (sometimes I wonder what the difference is - jk! :lol: )

Heidi_Mighty_Mo said:
Well, as absurd as it may seem to you, I believe it is true.

Anyway, I will have to stop for today - now I have to teach Ballet to 3-4 year olds, then after them, the teens (sometimes I wonder what the difference is - jk! :lol: )

Have..uh, fun!

8)

Mike01075 said:
S4L, are you a Christian? I looked through the previous posts but could not find one. Sorry if your repeating.... :wink:

Take a guess. :lol:

Mike01075 said:
What's close to these that isn't them (wow, that's a tongue twister). :tongue

I'm an agnostic philosophically, but an atheist in practice.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back