Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gentile’s kept the Seventh Day Sabbath

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So far no commands or instructions from Jesus or His Apostles as to how the Church is supposed to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Are you saying that followers of Jesus Christ are supposed to attend a Jewish Synagogue on the Sabbath?

Please explain how you believe Christians are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.
Christ kept the Seventh Day Sabbath, The Disciples kept the Seventh Day Sabbath, The new converts kept the Seventh Day Sabbath. It was not a issue until the Catholics changed it to Sunday to please the Pagans.

First Sunday Sabbath Laws
Constantine named himself Bishop of the Catholic Church and enacted the first civil law regarding Sunday observance in A.D. 321.

On March 7, 321, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: “All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.”

The Council of Laodicea of around 365 decreed 59 laws, #29:
“Christians must not Judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be Judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.”

Christian Sabbath keepers were found by sending people out on Saturday to search for them. They would look for people congregating, and then proceed to search for religious text upon the persons for states evidence.

Sabbath Commandment.
Jeremiah 31:33
This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares Yahwah. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God of the living ones, and they will be my people.

Hebrews 8:10
This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time, declares Yahwah. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God of the living ones, and they will be my people.

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time, declares Yahwah. I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts.”

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Galatians 4:7
So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

Ephesians 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,

Keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath is a sign of who are God’s people.
On March 7, 321 AD, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.

Christ kept the Seventh Day Sabbath, The Disciples kept the Seventh Day Sabbath,

Please give a couple of examples from scripture for each case of Christ and His Disciples observing the Sabbath.

Please give a couple of examples from scripture for each case of Christ and His Disciples observing the Sabbath.
Mark 1:21
They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach.
Mark 6:2
When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?”

Acts 13:42
As Paul and Barnabas were leaving the synagogue, the people invited them to speak further about these things on the next Sabbath.
Acts 17:2
As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 18:4
Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach.
Mark 6:2
When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?”

Do you believe all Christians should attend a Synagogue each Sabvath to teach?

Is that how you observe each Sabbath?

Do you believe all Christians should attend a Synagogue each Sabvath to teach?

Is that how you observe each Sabbath?
I do not work on the Sabbath. Attendance is a possibility. There are Christian congregations that do keep the Sabbath.

I do not work on the Sabbath. Attendance is a possibility. There are Christian congregations that do keep the Sabbath.

Do you believe all Christians should attend a Synagogue each Sabbath to teach, as they example of scripture you quoted indicates?

The scripture you quoted doesn’t mention not working on the Sabbath.

Question:
How is a teacher or preacher deemed worthy of his wages?

Answer:
By teaching or preaching.

I hope you think about these things, so that the Lord will give you wisdom about this subject.

JLB

Hi,

Newbie here.

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if someone has already posted this.

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

No law means no law and that includes the Sabbath.

Hi,

Newbie here.

I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if someone has already posted this.

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

No law means no law and that includes the Sabbath.
The fourth commandment is to keep the sabbath.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back