Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

George Floyd and the Liberal Lynch Mob

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
the others should be charged with accessory
If they are not charged, they will just go on down the road and work as cops somewhere else. I believe there should be a national registry of bad cops so they can never work as cops in America ever again. I also believe there should be civilian over watch of police to keep them honest and accountable. Internal Affairs just isn't getting the job done.

Tragically, George Floyd died, but you have the media crying about it so I'll skip the Pharisaical public demonstration of my virtue by long screeds of condemnation of the police and racism. Even the Christian media is piling on with condemnation of the police and of police racism.

I don't see any difference, other than size and media attitude, between the mobs today and the mobs in the old south that lynched blacks. What am I missing?

As you won't hear it the media, I have some observations:

1) George Floyd had just robbed a store and was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Do you want to bet on if he had a long criminal record that the arresting cops may have been aware of which made them extra cautious with him?

2) The cop who had his knee on Floyd's neck had been shot in the past, while working as a cop. That naturally would make him more likely to over-react. Maybe the police department may need to invest more in identifying PTSD.

3) The Wikipedia entry "George Floyd's Death" suggests that kneeling cop was trained to use a knee on the neck.

4) We still don't have an official cause of death. The ambulance that was called for him had nothing to do with any harm from the cop kneeling on the neck. Even if the pressure on the neck is the cause of death, the cop may not have been aware of the dangers of non-chocking kneeling on the neck.

5) I haven't seen any resisting of arrest in the videos released to the public. But, I also haven't seen a video of the initial arrest. I'll wait until I see body cam footage before I scream about the cops using excessive force.

6) There's zero, none, not a bit, evidence that this tragedy had anything to do with police racism. The lynch mob are the racists.

7) Police kill trice as many unarmed whites and are more hesitant to shoot blacks. Keep in mind that blacks commit more robberies and murders than all other races combined.

8) The Minneapolis police chief is black and the entire city government is controlled by Democrats.

9) There's not yet enough evidence to take the kneeling cop to court, let alone convict him. A death doesn't prove a crime. We need to wait to see what evidence develops.

10) The most outrageous act by a cop doesn't justify the rioting, looting, and arson of the neighborhood. Nor is this death justify more coast to coast demonizing of white people that goes on in this country.

Bonus point: I would not want to be a cop in today's climate. This hatred of cops and rush to judgment and public humiliation of cops doing their job means more competent people will choose to not be cops. This means more police incompetence and corruption the future. If you want another George Floyd to die, then join the lynch mob. You might prove your "virtue" to men, but not to God.

Whete is the justice for all the crimes of looting, and destruction of property that’s going on?

JLB

If they are not charged, they will just go on down the road and work as cops somewhere else. I believe there should be a national registry of bad cops so they can never work as cops in America ever again. I also believe there should be civilian over watch of police to keep them honest and accountable. Internal Affairs just isn't getting the job done.
That isn't perfect but I,know its done .

Yeah about that.I highly,doubt the judge ,mayor or county commissioner ,or city council,will get,a dui or relatives .

Want that solved state has to get them.never going,away .I,have looked into law work .my,pet peeve is favoritism .

Minor stuff,I'm,not,a jerk but dui,other things yes.

Political fighting and thugs are the focus...it isn't so much about ideology as it is about insensitivity.

George (guy who died) had a regular routine (while behaving like a thug) of giving the police a hard time. (They have earlier police video of his behavior from years previous)

He was known to be a drug dealer and general ne'er do well.

The police officers were absolutely callous towards the people of that neighborhood.

Then comes the political rhetoric and fighting for absolutely no reason other than to keep fighting which led to the riots and looting and a mayor who is promoting the behavior even though it's destroying his own city. Claiming that the mayor is incompetent is being generous. This is why we don't do politics...

When the rhetoric gets so bad that you would destroy a city just to prove a point. That's ludicrous.

These thugs need little encouragement to destroy. But where are they going to go for lunch tomorrow when they are hungry? Too bad they destroyed everywhere they might get a sandwich.
To be honest, that sounds partisan.
From an outsiders point of view, the police made a mistake ( a big mistake and need to admit it. No excuses.
I am sure he was a troublemaker. A bad criminal. But you dont put your knee on anyone's neck for like 8 minutes?? Unless you want to kill them??

I am neither a cop hater nor cop lover. there are good and bad.
I am racist. Not by choice. it is how I grew up. We were taught to be suspicious of indigenous Australians. Fear them. If I wasn't racist I would have had more black friends. But I don't have any friends so it is hard to tell. :)

I am neither a cop hater nor cop lover. there are good and bad.
I am racist. Not by choice. it is how I grew up. We were taught to be suspicious of indigenous Australians. Fear them. If I wasn't racist I would have had more black friends. But I don't have any friends so it is hard to tell. :)
I had racism drilled into me by family and other whites as a kid and later as an adult. I was shamed when I attempted to date a black girl by family and this later affected my decision to bar my daughter from dating a black teenager. I later repented from racism after going on disability and my answers to racism would greatly upset whites now. You don't have to stay imprisoned into racism. It's just another earthly pillar that must come down from one's life. Like politics, adherence to any nationalistic, economics.......things that distract and water down commitment to Christ's Kingdom. Set yourself free.

I don't see it letting up until the other 3 cops are charged for their part in the murder.

If they are charged, then what?

Will anyone be charged for the millions of dollars in damage to local businesses?

Destroying police cars, and property?

I wonder what would happen if every time a white cop was shot by a black gang member, if cops in every city just started killing black people at random?

I‘m fed up with the whole fake narrative that black citizens are oppressed.

It’s a media driven narrative to keep this nation divided.

JLB

I know people calling these heroes
i call them criminals if my neighbor ticked me off and i burnt his house.. I WOULD HAVE multiple charges filed against me. there is so many things wrong with this. the courts will have a hard time with charges . lets face it the law is favorable toward the protesters imo and i am not a law enforcement officer. a investigation over a fake 20.00 bill. does not warrant a gun being pulled . sometimes this probable cause = i smelled marijuana . which is saying i need to make up a excuse .granted the victim should have cooperated .i do have doubts the ink was running of the 20.00 bill . i seen obama called for justice ..he needs to keep his nose out of it

It is a crazy situation, I agree on that! It seems that no matter what news outlet it is, protests are the main highlight. Even in our state, we're having protests in the big cities.

1) George Floyd had just robbed a store and was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Do you want to bet on if he had a long criminal record that the arresting cops may have been aware of which made them extra cautious with him?

It does seem that he wasn't a stranger to being in legal trouble. Even though the cops were trying to contain a possibly out of control/under the influence individual - there is difference between necessary force and excessive force.

2) The cop who had his knee on Floyd's neck had been shot in the past, while working as a cop. That naturally would make him more likely to over-react. Maybe the police department may need to invest more in identifying PTSD.

If this were the case, the police department generally has resources like counseling, time off of work, etc. for an officer to get things back in order so that they are able to safely return to work and carry out their duties. If an officer is found to be lacking, this can only go on so long until they are fired or necessary improvements are made. I wouldn't think PTSD is exactly an excuse for killing a man unless he could be deemed completely insane or unable to make appropriate judgements at that moment and even then, that puts his ability to be a police officer on the chopping block, but he has already been fired and is being charged with murder/manslaughter.

3) The Wikipedia entry "George Floyd's Death" suggests that kneeling cop was trained to use a knee on the neck.

It's possible that this could be part of police officer training for moments where it is absolutely necessary and the officer/public's life around them are at risk. Although, if such a tactic were taught, I would think it would be an absolute last resort for anything. If someone is already handcuffed...it does seem excessive.

4) We still don't have an official cause of death. The ambulance that was called for him had nothing to do with any harm from the cop kneeling on the neck. Even if the pressure on the neck is the cause of death, the cop may not have been aware of the dangers of non-chocking kneeling on the neck.

That's true that no autopsy results have been released if they are going to have those available. Although, there were many witnesses that were able to say what happened. Supposedly a first responder told him not to continue applying the force and the police officer didn't listen (I have heard this from others, but unsure of their source). How can a police officer not know the dangers of such a restraint? Surely most people know that enough pressure on the neck or manipulating the neck with force can cause damage or even death. Even if he "didn't know", it's not an excuse for killing someone.

5) I haven't seen any resisting of arrest in the videos released to the public. But, I also haven't seen a video of the initial arrest. I'll wait until I see body cam footage before I scream about the cops using excessive force.

I haven't watched the videos, but this is interesting as I have read the "resisting arrest" thing. Didn't know it didn't show up on footage.

There's zero, none, not a bit, evidence that this tragedy had anything to do with police racism. The lynch mob are the racists.

It is assumed because of his skin color, of course, but it is true - we don't know what the officer was thinking at the time.

7) Police kill trice as many unarmed whites and are more hesitant to shoot blacks. Keep in mind that blacks commit more robberies and murders than all other races combined.

Interesting, where are there statistics that support this? Kind of curious.

9) There's not yet enough evidence to take the kneeling cop to court, let alone convict him. A death doesn't prove a crime. We need to wait to see what evidence develops.

Really? They've are already in that process...

10) The most outrageous act by a cop doesn't justify the rioting, looting, and arson of the neighborhood. Nor is this death justify more coast to coast demonizing of white people that goes on in this country.

This is definitely true. Rioting, looting, and arson are not the answers...these are pretty scary adult temper tantrums. They would have better served their time trying to get the state to press charges, getting petition signatures, or whatever...but now they're committing crimes themselves. It's rather sad to see. It seems that there's something else at work besides protesting because of a man's death that shouldn't have happened...I'm not sure what their agenda exactly is. I mean, it could simply be chaos...I don't know.

For the record, I wouldn't want to be a police officer, either. Their jobs are difficult and in this time - there's a lot of police brutality type stuff that circulates around and then it's a mystery if it was like the news says it is or if the officer was justified. It's all a legal headache, but I am thankful that we have police officers out there willing to serve. However, I am sure there are some dirty cops out there in the mix, too, unfortunately.

I am thankful we don't live in the big city like we did a couple years ago. Otherwise, we'd be close to these crazy protests right now.

It does seem that he wasn't a stranger to being in legal trouble. Even though the cops were trying to contain a possibly out of control/under the influence individual - there is difference between necessary force and excessive force.

Mr Floyd was murdered.

He didn’t deserve that.

He was suffocating and needed to be allowed to breath.

The officer should be arrested.

However, all the facts should be carefully examined before a jury of his peers. Then a verdict should be carried out.

That is the way it is supposed to work.

JLB

I don't know if there was an intent,
a knee on a mans neck he said he i cant breathe .trust me you can hog tie a man with restraints and they will not move .the officer is wrong in his actions. which led to death over a fake $20.00 bill. had he been a murder suspect or other violent offense yes. many years again our small community a man robbed a bank and murdered the teller. they found him arrested him a picture of him on the ground .the sheriff had his foot on his back. with a shotgun pointed at him. justified both sides have a way of esculatting . the law is trained professionals they are held to a higher standard

Reactions: JLB
If a man, black or white, is grasping for breath, and saying, He can't breathe, get him up, put him in the car.

The officer should had been charged, and the others standing around watching.

But, the law is the law, we have certain protocols that must be met.

These rioters take the law in their own hands.
You can not overcome evil with evil.

What gets me, is that they suggest racist profiling, then they do things like this.
Then they wonder why?

They are only hurting themselves.
Where are they going to get their beer, lol, things at the post office?

Just make themselves look like a bunch of thugs, imho.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back