Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

DeeDee79

How does God handle someone who wronged somebody in a wicked way? Do they just "get away with it" until Judgement day? Or does God cause problems for that individual appropriate to the wrong they committed?
My girlfriend was wronged by someone in a very wicked way and I am tempted to do something about it but I am trying to leave it for God and have belief that he won't allow this person to laugh at my girlfriend's misfortune.

How does God handle someone who wronged somebody in a wicked way? Do they just "get away with it" until Judgement day?
Hi again DeeDee79, It's good to see you posting. I suppose that the closest thing I can think of for the moment is when Jesus was in the garden prior to His crucifixion, they came to take him and Peter struck one of the High Priest's servants and cut off his right ear.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Joh 18:11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

There are, and will be many things confront us in our walk with God, and those things for our good (Rom 8:28). Would I have received Jesus as my Savior without a need? I do not know, and if it would be my wife I'd probably try my best to break their head.

I wrote the following pamphlet that may be of help in your making a decision.
Christian Sufferings
http://www.christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/christian-sufferings.52898/

:wave2

God will, and is, taking care of it. You can be assured of that. No one gets away with anything.

How, is not up to us. Think about what you just said though, that you are "tempted". Don't fall in that temptation. The enemy has a control over this sort of thing, and if you fall for that temptation then the enemy has just managed to 'kill' two birds with one stone.

God will, and is, taking care of it. You can be assured of that. No one gets away with anything.

How, is not up to us. Think about what you just said though, that you are "tempted". Don't fall in that temptation. The enemy has a control over this sort of thing, and if you fall for that temptation then the enemy has just managed to 'kill' two birds with one stone.

I hear what you are saying. I just wonder if God will take care of the enemy in this lifetime or not. Also will God somehow make the enemy realize their punishment is stemming from what they did to her.

I hear what you are saying. I just wonder if God will take care of the enemy in this lifetime or not. Also will God somehow make the enemy realize their punishment is stemming from what they did to her.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that God is taking care of it as we speak. However, God does things in His way - not in the way we want Him to most of the time. So while you may not see it, God is doing something about it.

Remember one thing. Jesus died on the cross for your sin too. That means your personal sin is one reason He chose to die in your place. While its hard to watch people be hurt by others, and never see them have justice done to them, we should also see that we are in the same boat as they are with God.

By all rights God should destroy us for the sin that we have done. Yet He chooses to forgive us instead, even providing the proof of that forgiveness in His Son.

Long story short, whoever has done sin will be taken care of by God - but because we are not God, we may never know how He is doing it. I do assure you that He wants you to let Him have complete control of the situation and not fall for temptation.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that God is taking care of it as we speak. However, God does things in His way - not in the way we want Him to most of the time. So while you may not see it, God is doing something about it.

Remember one thing. Jesus died on the cross for your sin too. That means your personal sin is one reason He chose to die in your place. While its hard to watch people be hurt by others, and never see them have justice done to them, we should also see that we are in the same boat as they are with God.

By all rights God should destroy us for the sin that we have done. Yet He chooses to forgive us instead, even providing the proof of that forgiveness in His Son.

Long story short, whoever has done sin will be taken care of by God - but because we are not God, we may never know how He is doing it. I do assure you that He wants you to let Him have complete control of the situation and not fall for temptation.

Will God handling the situation also stop the wicked individual from committing the acts again? We are worried it will happen again as much as we trust in God. Sometimes the wicked don't stop with their acts. The police have already told us they can't do anything more regarding the situation and we feel stuck.
I am not trying to challenge you, I am really not I am just trying to feel better about the whole situation.
I appreciate you spending the time to reassure me.

Will God handling the situation also stop the wicked individual from committing the acts again? We are worried it will happen again as much as we trust in God. Sometimes the wicked don't stop with their acts.
I am not trying to challenge you, I am really not I am just trying to feel better about the whole situation.

I do not feel challenged at all. :) I sincerely understand what you are saying. I hope you do get a better feel of the situation.

Your question is a hard one. I'll be upfront with that. Sometimes He does stop the wicked from going on, other times He allows it to happen. This is one of those things that is so difficult to grasp.

I would say trust in God, but that does not mean you stand by and not act in a way that will help - without being a temptation to sin. Make sense? If it is possible, the best option is to get away from anything wicked. It is not wrong to take precautions, and help prevent anything you can from happening.

The issue, as I know you are aware of, is when we take it into our hands to punish the wicked. That's not our role. However, I would not sit by and let something happen that I can stop from happening.

There is a difference between not letting something happen, and making sure it cannot happen. Some people would think "well, if so and so had a broken leg and eyeballs poked out, they could not do this wicked again". That's taking on the role of God. On the flip side, if someone was doing something wicked and the only way to stop them is break their leg or poke their eyeball out, then you bet I will.

There has to be a certain level of discernment on your part in what to do. Listen to God. If you put your trust in Him, He will let you know what to do - and often times He will tell you what He is doing. There are many stories of this happening in the Old Testament. Lots of good stories to read about it. Esther is a good one.

I would love for God to tell me what to do or tell me what he is doing because I feel helpless just not being able to do anything wondering if this problem will happen again.

I would love for God to tell me what to do or tell me what he is doing because I feel helpless just not being able to do anything wondering if this problem will happen again.
If there is an immediate threat then always seek help from those who are physically around you and people you trust.

Don't feel helpless. God is in control even when we don't see it. He may be using you as a 'lookout' for your friend, so being focused on God will be better than focusing on trying to resolve the problem itself.

I know it can be difficult, but I think you really know all this anyways - you just wanted to hear it said. If you have a local fellowship of believers you can talk to, then I'd start there. You will know who you can talk to and who you shouldn't concerning the situation.

How does God handle someone who wronged somebody in a wicked way? Do they just "get away with it" until Judgement day? Or does God cause problems for that individual appropriate to the wrong they committed?
My girlfriend was wronged by someone in a very wicked way and I am tempted to do something about it but I am trying to leave it for God and have belief that he won't allow this person to laugh at my girlfriend's misfortune.
If it was a criminal act it should be reported. We can't concern ourselves with heavenly justice; that belongs to God. But earthly justice is within our control and sanctioned by God.

There are sins against God and there are sins against people. The two are not synonymous.
The word shalom doesn't simply mean peace. To a fuller extent it is to create peace by doing what is right.
In other words, please don't fall into the trap of doing nothing to bring about peace in a given situation by thinking God is going to magically make things better just because it's something you really, really desire and you don't think it's fair that somebody innocent is suffering by the wicked. Jesus suffered this way, and so do we. The promise to us is that God will not forsake us, and shares in out suffering. Or rather, we share in his.

God has empowered us through his Word and His Spirit to be agents of reconciliation to the world. And as such, you don't have to look much further than the teachings of Jesus to figure out what to do to create peace in your situation. It may not come easily nor as quick as you would like, but know your not alone, and you have a savior who gets it.

I will keep praying about this matter
Thank you sir for taking the time to talk to me about this. Please pray for us. God bless.
Have you ever noticed that God often used people to answer prayer?
When you pray, you open yourself up to be the answer to the prayers of others as well as your own.

Start in Matthew 5...
Afterwards, read the Psalms. I think this may help.

Will God handling the situation also stop the wicked individual from committing the acts again? We are worried it will happen again as much as we trust in God. Sometimes the wicked don't stop with their acts. The police have already told us they can't do anything more regarding the situation and we feel stuck.
If your waiting for God to throw down a thunderbolt, you'll be waiting a long, long time.
David writes in the Psalms where he is surrounded by those who wish to take his life... evil doers per se. Yet his hope remains in the Lord regardless of his outward situation. David is amazing in my opinion!

If your waiting for God to throw down a thunderbolt, you'll be waiting a long, long time.
David writes in the Psalms where he is surrounded by those who wish to take his life... evil doers per se. Yet his hope remains in the Lord regardless of his outward situation. David is amazing in my opinion!

So with all that being said, this person can keep on doing wrong to my gf and she basically just has to accept it and suffer with it while God lets the offender do what they want. So where is the Justice? Is there a point to praying for justice?

Sounds like you're seeking revenge for the wrong done to your gf. Is that the right thing to do?

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”(Deut. 32:35) says the Lord. Romans 12:19 NKJV

We don't always understand.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV

So with all that being said, this person can keep on doing wrong to my gf and she basically just has to accept it and suffer with it while God lets the offender do what they want. So where is the Justice? Is there a point to praying for justice?
Why does she have to accept it? Can she not get out of the situation?

Sounds like you're seeking revenge for the wrong done to your gf. Is that the right thing to do?

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”(Deut. 32:35) says the Lord. Romans 12:19 NKJV

We don't always understand.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV

Why does she have to accept it? Can she not get out of the situation?

He has the control. He is the one humilating her online (hiding behind programs that can trace him) the police have tried but I guess he is too smart with technology. At this point God is the only one that can do anything about the situation. If I take it into my own hands obviously that would not be very Godly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back