Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God Made Trump

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And on the wing of the temple, he shall proclaim loud blasphemies against the Lord, God.

Doesn't it say in the Scriptures that the whole earth is God's temple? Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't that mean that this 'wing of the temple' could be anywhere on the earth. That the place merely being outside of Jerusalem would make it 'on the wing' of the temple. As I say, just thinking out loud here. Brother/sisters keep your eyes open. I'm not making any sure proclamation, but there are ways in which the things we see going on today are beginning to fit into the warnings of signs that we will be seeing as we get very close, even at the door, of our Lord's return. Keep watch!

Praise Him!!

God bless,
Ted

I’ve often wondered if much of the established church is satanic. Right wing progressive…all of it. Or at least big segments of it.

As I say, just thinking out loud here. Brother/sisters keep your eyes open. I'm not making any sure proclamation, but there are ways in which the things we see going on today are beginning to fit into the warnings of signs that we will be seeing as we get very close, even at the door, of our Lord's return. Keep watch!

Ted, I found three really powerful statements in that video:

1. "I need a man to test the will and goodness of a free people"
  2. "I need a man who breaks the faith of even his most fervent followers and leads them to idolatry, and place them above me"
  3. "I sent you this man, and until you have cast him down, you have failed"

It is the premise of God testing the will and goodness of his people that speaks the loudest to and most significant to me. You aptly state that we should keep watch. Doesn't the scripture talk about a time of testing? In what ways do you see God testing his people? How in the time of the end might the wheat be identified from the tares?

As to statement #2 I can't help but thinking of the scripture that talks about the very elect being deceived. It is written that God said if you wanted to believe a lie, then he would send you strong delusion so that you would believe that lie. The book of Revelation talks of a time of Satan being released from the pit to go forth and deceive the nations. That certainly sounds like a time of testing to me.

Until you have cast him down....... you have failed!
Powerful....

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,

Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Hi ezrider

Yes, I agree with you that the rise of this current political angst may well be a test. But I would also remind that there may also be fulfillment of prophecies in all that is going on. Yes, as born again believers, Jesus warned us to keep watch. He told a parable about a group that was found unprepared at his return. They hadn't seen the signs that the bridegroom was coming until it was too late and they were left to scuttle for oil for their lamps to keep them burning.

So, I'm just looking at the things happening in the world, and in my effort to keep watch, comparing their working out against the things that we are supposed to see working out as the day of the Lord approaches. The things of the future, to Jesus' day, that are going to be the signs that Jesus gave us to be looking for.

God bless,
Ted

And on the wing of the temple, he shall proclaim loud blasphemies against the Lord, God.

Doesn't it say in the Scriptures that the whole earth is God's temple? Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't that mean that this 'wing of the temple' could be anywhere on the earth. That the place merely being outside of Jerusalem would make it 'on the wing' of the temple. As I say, just thinking out loud here. Brother/sisters keep your eyes open. I'm not making any sure proclamation, but there are ways in which the things we see going on today are beginning to fit into the warnings of signs that we will be seeing as we get very close, even at the door, of our Lord's return. Keep watch!

Praise Him!!

God bless,
Ted
Well written; but I'm afraid most will not want to see the truth of anything. For we do stand at the door.

"Donald Trump used his social media platform Friday to mock Nikki Haley 's birth name, the latest example of the former president keying on race and ethnicity to attack people of color, especially his political rivals."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/poli...n&cvid=dbea5bd74e8749f99328cf397c068523&ei=47

Trump is among the worst of the worst in so many ways. I cannot figure out why anyone would vote for him. It's as bizarre as people voting for Trudeau in Canada.

God made a dictator alright and that dictator has commanded that those who worked 2 jobs to pay our college bills & those who have to work 3 jobs because they could not afford college will now hand over to the dictator their hard earned money to pay the college bills of those to lazy and incompetent to pay their own bills .
Thanks for nothing Mr. Dictator

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/29/biden-administration-has-forgiven-127-billion-in-student-debt.html

Biden administration has forgiven $127 billion in student debt - CNBC

Oct 29, 2023 ... President Joe Biden has canceled $127 billion in student debt

Thanks for nothing Mr. Dictator
All these politicians are crooks, out for themselves above all others.

And it's out great-great-great grandchildren who are being stuck with all this nonsense (not just school loans) with the national debt here in the USA.

I do have a question for everyone; when the governments spend all this money they don't have, where do you think that money ends up?

Obvious that freedom mixes with Totalitarian dictatorial mandates like oil mixes with water.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ales-2023-slow-inventory-pile-up/71572499007/

Here's why people aren't buying EVs in spite of price cuts and tax ...

Nov 14, 2023 ... Used EVs saw similar declines, with EVs 3 years old or less shedding 29.5%, car buying platform Edmunds said.

More than 3,000 auto dealers sign letter opposing Biden's electric vehicle mandate

Electric vehicles 'are stacking up on our lots,' car dealers write to Biden

So, I'm just looking at the things happening in the world, and in my effort to keep watch, comparing their working out against the things that we are supposed to see working out as the day of the Lord approaches. The things of the future, to Jesus' day, that are going to be the signs that Jesus gave us to be looking for.

Can you enlighten us Ted? In your efforts to keep watch, what are the things you are looking for? What are the things you have seen?

I am reminded of the scripture where Jesus warned because of iniquity the love of many would wax cold. How do you see this man that God raised up to test his people align with God's will?

The following is a clip from an interview with Adam Kinzinger. In it he speaks to the battle of light versus darkness in our hearts and Tumps effect on that. Curious what you think about Adam Kinzingers' comment.

Yes, as born again believers, Jesus warned us to keep watch. He told a parable about a group that was found unprepared at his return. They hadn't seen the signs that the bridegroom was coming until it was too late and they were left to scuttle for oil for their lamps to keep them burning.

Surely Ted with your faith, you are probably amongst those who would consider themselves prepared, or at least trying to be prepared. How is you would make yourself prepared, and what is it that makes other unprepared?

One of the things I see that makes people unprepared is they are preoccupied with the things of this world, the things of the flesh; specifically sin, and so much more the sin of others, and because of it their hearts have turned to stone, as Jesus said in John 1, they loved the darkness more than the light.

If you are one who is prepared for the coming of the bridegroom, then wouldn't you make yourself ready by putting on a wedding garment? Yet so many today are not prepared for the bridgroom nor are they dressed for a wedding. Instead they make ready for war. Put on the armor of God you say? Gird yourself up, put on your boots, grab your helmet, your shield and your sword........ Garments for warfare surely; But are they fit for a wedding?

And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.

When I look to our situation on the southern border and see a mass migration of people, I am reminded of a story in the Bible. For a multitude of reasons we see a mass migration taking place at our southern border, some of it due to climate a crisis which has led to severe droughts and then floods. Some of it may be due to geopolitics or global corporations stealing the natural wealth from the countries in the guise of benevolence. But for whatever reason, the migration is real and it is happening now to the richest and most prosperous nation in the world, yet how do the Christian Nationalists respond to it?

I see the crisis on our southern border and I am reminded of the story of Joseph. A humble man who was raised up to be the Prince of Egypt. He dealt with a climate crisis of his own. To prepare he raised taxes and filled up the storehouse. Why Egypt even allowed migrants to come and live within the land.

But what does this self proclaimed greatest nation in history portend to do? Build a wall, shut them out, turn them away...

Is that a nation blessed by God? As I see it, it is becoming evident that many evangelical Christians have turned away from Christ. They no longer look for a man like Joseph to oversee this great nation, in fact they would ridicule him as being weak. Instead they have chosen for themselves a man with the ego and cruelty of Pharaoh; their god on earth.

How is you would make yourself prepared, and what is it that makes other unprepared?
Hi ezrider

Preach the word. In season and out of season. Tell them about Jesus. Friend, I feel perfectly safe no matter what comes my way. My life is the hands of the life giver! Whom shall I fear? Famine? Starvation? Poverty? Death? Out of all of those, the one that I know I will receive is death, unless Jesus returns first. Am I afraid that some cataclysmic horrible globe shattering bomb attack is going to obliterate 90% of the population and I'll be left with Jesus to fend for myself? No. Am I afraid that some other social disease is going to turn the world into some reality like we might watch on made up tv of some existence like Walking Dead? No.

I know how the end is going to come. It's going to be just like Jesus said. People will be getting married and going about their lives pretty normally, but there will be wickedness everywhere and likely tons of hate and lots of murders. But you think people are going to be giving in marriage and living pretty normally if we're living some forced existence by some kind of cataclysmic event where we holding a gun in our hand and a can of freeze dried beans in another? Is that the future that you see being portrayed to us in the Scriptures?

I don't. I see people living pretty much like they do today, but there will be a lot more sin. One day we're all going to have our heads turned by some powerful leader. He will likely be very politically powerful. But how politically powerful or over what he will have control we can't be sure. Now some believe that there is coming a one world government. Maybe? But I'm not convinced that's a sure teaching, although it may be. One of the clues in the Scriptures that gives me pause over this is that there is also coming a time when ALL THE NATIONS will rise up against Jesus and his armies. I'm not clear on how 'all the nations' fits with, a single world leader. It may be pretty much as it is now. Just a few major players, but all the other nations follow in this battle to come.

I just don't live with that consideration in my conscious mind that I need to prepare for some day of Armageddon. God has promised me that I won't be here for that battle. That battle comes after chapter 14, the rapture. I'll be gone by the time the earth gets to Armageddon.

God bless,
Ted

Another common tactic of dictators & totalitarians ( particularly Communist & Marxist Dictators) in exserting absolute control over the finances of those they rule over is to use their secret police organizations to force private financial institutions to broadly search the transactions of hundreds of millions of private citizens , and then report back any legitimate financial activity the secret police deem sufficient cause to make contact with citizens.
Activity deemed a threat to the state such as purchasing a bible or items from Pro Bass outfitters that have the natural quality of posing a threat to the state .

'Alarming' surveillance: Feds asked banks to search private transactions for terms like ‘MAGA,’ ‘Trump’

January 17, 2024
In The News
Brooke Singman

Feds flagged bank transactions for bibles, hunting firearms after Jan 6

by JACKSON WALKER | The National Desk
Thu, January 18th 2024
UserWay icon for accessibility widget

In this Sept. 19, 2017 file photo, the Bass Pro Shops logo is seen at the entrance to a store in Council Bluffs, Iowa. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik, File)
Image icon

WASHINGTON (TND) — The federal government warned banks that persons of interest in the January 6 Capitol riots may spend money on bibles or at Bass Pro Shop, according to a letter from the House Committee and Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government.
In the letter, Rep. Jim Jordan, R- Ohio., detailed findings by the committee that the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued documents to financial institutions warning of transactions typical of suspected Jan 6 participants. These included transactions titled “Trump” and “MAGA.”

Also included were warnings for purchases of “religious texts” and small firearms from sporting good stores like Dick’s, Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shop.

Hi Consecrated Life
Another common tactic of dictators & totalitarians ( particularly Communist & Marxist Dictators) in exserting absolute control over the finances of those they rule over is to use their secret police organizations to force private financial institutions to broadly search the transactions of hundreds of millions of private citizens , and then report back any legitimate financial activity the secret police deem sufficient cause to make contact with citizens.
And I'm guessing you're going with: "This is what I see going on here."

Secret police organizations to force private financial institutions to broadly search the transactions of hundreds of millions of private citizens. So, when a criminal investigation is ongoing and police search through bank records, that should be illegal? Is that what I'm hearing that your position is here? That, in your mind, is akin to broad searches through hundreds of millions of private citizen bank records.

I'm guessing you think we live in a police state like in old Soviet Russia, or even new communist Russia. Americans live under such intense bank scrutiny that it's like living in N. Korea will be your next argument on this point? And how is it all so 'secret police' stuff if we all know about it. We've known pretty much since all of this started and investigations were getting started to find all of these people who turned the U.S. Capitol into ground zero for a hot-headed, ill-advised attack of a bunch of lunatics who thought that they were going to bust into the U.S. Capitol and stop the progress of advancing a legally held and many times verified election process. Are those the hundreds of millions of private citizens that you're throwing out there that are having their civil right violated every day!!!!??????? Is that the way you see it? That what happened on Jan. 6th of that year should just be what to expect as a normal day at the office after elections in the future. Is that your idea of what America should be like?

I don't like the way I got a parking ticket from the city of Washington. I think I'll get all my neighbors and friends together and go crash into the U.S. Capitol and make my complaint heard. I mean it's now a legal way to effect political motives and positions. I'm just going to take them down and do a little 'tour of the Capitol' (snicker, snicker wink-wink)

Ok.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life
And I'm guessing you're going with: "This is what I see going on here."

Secret police organizations to force private financial institutions to broadly search the transactions of hundreds of millions of private citizens. So, when a criminal investigation is ongoing and police search through bank records, that should be illegal?
You sound as though you didn't mind at all a keyword search of your transaction history being completed without your knowledge or consent .

1. 'Alarming' surveillance: Feds asked banks to search private ...

judiciary.house.gov/media/in-the-news/alarming...
    EXCLUSIVE: Federal investigators asked banks to search and filter customer transactions by using terms like "MAGA" and "Trump" as part of an investigation into Jan. 6, warning that purchases of "religious texts" could indicate "extremism," the House Judiciary Committee revealed Wednesday.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back