Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's dietary laws and salt

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gabby:

"Even if" the amount of salt that we get is remotely hazardous (but I do not think it is), all the more so for these chemicals. Yet, you are correct in saying there's no warning about the chemicals, but rather the warnings come with the natural substance(s) with a hundredfold less the danger! It's all politics and money as far as I am concerned and the populace falls for it instead of taking God at His word.

As I already stated, I think the amount of salt the average person gets is really not too much, based on the scripture Hebrew word "season" sounds just the way I shake my sea salt onto my popcorn made with olive oil, probably one of the healthiest (and tastiest IMO) snacks around. Without the salt (and olive oil) Air-popped popcorn tastes like cardboard, the "healthy" way the medical establishment rather have you eat.

H4414
מלח
mâlach
maw-lakh'
A primitive root; properly to rub to pieces or pulverize; intransitively to disappear as dust; also (as denominative from H4417) to salt whether internally (to season with salt) or externally (to rub with salt): - X at all, salt, season, temper together, vanish away.

Here is a site that explains what I think is the differences we are having here. There is a pie chart that explains why americans eat too much sodium. The largest amount is in processed food. http://www.annecollins.com/sodium-rda-diet.htm
77% is rediculous, and it isn't even really for taste.

Look at it like this, potato chips, a salt tasting food has by far less salt than tomato soup, or frozen pizza which aren't really know to taste good salty. But the sodium in these foods is excessive because of the processing.

Table salt like on the popcorn is good, and the olive oil is a good choice too, health wise and taste wise. But the MSG and things like that that are in processed food just aren't good for you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back