Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Gravity ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some pretty obvious elevation differences going on there.

Table-Mountain-Cape-Town.jpg

I don't think that can be described as flat, even, smooth and level.

The TOG​
I live in one of the most flattest places in the us and even that has some unevenness that allows creeks and rivers to flow. I wish I could use topo maps to show it as they have countour lines with the elevation on every 5th contour and the spaces tween the lines is set up to give you a good idea and they also have bench mark. we have had depressions. the sand ridge which is natural and goes back before the rr(1890's) is natural and its the reason why the rr is where it is. to allow water to run off the rr and also to have good footing for the tracks. the highest point in my county per the topo isn't even 50ft above sea level. that is the 1949 topo

yes - no doubt no longer all flat all around but if flattened out would still be above sea level - see for yourself - twinc

yes - no doubt no longer all flat all around but if flattened out would still be above sea level - see for yourself - twinc

You haven't answered my question. If the earth was, as you say, flat even, smooth and level, how did water flow?

The TOG​

You haven't answered my question. If the earth was, as you say, flat even, smooth and level, how did water flow?

The TOG​

it seems you do not know about irrigation - throw some water down on a smooth even/level floor in your house and see how it flows - twinc

it seems you do not know about irrigation - throw some water down on a smooth even/level floor in your house and see how it flows - twinc

Irrigation usually involves pumps or some other way of applying pressure to force the water to flow. As for water on smooth even/level floors, have you ever seen a puddle? If the surface is truly level, then the water won't flow, but will settle in a puddle. If you add water to a puddle that is already there, it won't flow, but will spread up to the point that the surface tension can hold it together. If you pour water on one place on the floor, say near a wall, and it flows to the opposite wall, then your floor isn't level. To make water flow, the surface has to slant by at least 2 degrees.

The TOG​

most floors have a pitch to assist with drainage.
Irrigation usually involves pumps or some other way of applying pressure to force the water to flow. As for water on smooth even/level floors, have you ever seen a puddle? If the surface is truly level, then the water won't flow, but will settle in a puddle. If you add water to a puddle that is already there, it won't flow, but will spread up to the point that the surface tension can hold it together. If you pour water on one place on the floor, say near a wall, and it flows to the opposite wall, then your floor isn't level. To make water flow, the surface has to slant by at least 2 degrees.

The TOG​

most floors have a pitch to assist with drainage.

Exactly my point. Floors are usually not exactly level. If they were, water would not flow. Twinc said that the earth was once level. If it was, water could not have flowed. It might have been drastically different from the way it is today, but there had to be differences in elevation for there to have been rivers.

The TOG​

Exactly my point. Floors are usually not exactly level. If they were, water would not flow. Twinc said that the earth was once level. If it was, water could not have flowed. It might have been drastically different from the way it is today, but there had to be differences in elevation for there to have been rivers.

The TOG​

not at all - the ground level does not go down - it is the water level that goes up and flows - puddles are formed where the ground level has sunk - once the water reaches ground level it finds its own level and flows again - twinc

not at all - the ground level does not go down - it is the water level that goes up and flows - puddles are formed where the ground level has sunk - once the water reaches ground level it finds its own level and flows again - twinc

I think you need to take a refresher course in physics 101. the water is sitting on the ground. If the ground it is sitting on doesn't slant, but is perfectly level, as you say the earth once was, then it will not flow.

The TOG​

I think you need to take a refresher course in physics 101. the water is sitting on the ground. If the ground it is sitting on doesn't slant, but is perfectly level, as you say the earth once was, then it will not flow.

The TOG​

could be because most shower instead of bathe in a bath - so they have never noticed or that the bath empties in a clockwise motion - twinc

could be because most shower instead of bathe in a bath - so they have never noticed or that the bath empties in a clockwise motion - twinc

It's called the coriolis effect, and is caused by the earth's rotation on it's axis. Has nothing to do with water flowing where there is no difference in elevation. That's something you have claimed and you have not yet explained how it could have been possible.

The TOG​

It's called the coriolis effect, and is caused by the earth's rotation on it's axis. Has nothing to do with water flowing where there is no difference in elevation. That's something you have claimed and you have not yet explained how it could have been possible.

The TOG​

but the earth does not rotate - nor does the geological column exist - except in textbooks - so also with your water flow - get a level on your bath and then turn the tap on and before your very eyes watch the water flow - btw once this is grasped then on a flat/even/level earth after forty days and forty nights of non stop heavy rain and other sources of water a local flood would become a global flood - twinc

Last edited:
but the earth does not rotate - nor does the geological column exist - except in textbooks - so also with your water flow - get a level on your bath and then turn the tap on and before your very eyes watch the water flow - twinc
really? so when we see videos of that from satellites that aren't geo synchronous what is that? and the corolis effect works on the earth differently. hurricanes rotate to the right and typhoons to the left. its also caused by the earths movements.

really? so when we see videos of that from satellites that aren't geo synchronous what is that? and the corolis effect works on the earth differently. hurricanes rotate to the right and typhoons to the left. its also caused by the earths movements.

but the earth does not rotate - it does not move - clockwise for your hurricanes and anti clockwise for your typhoons - it does not move - shake, wobble and roll at best or worse - twinc

but the earth does not rotate - it does not move - clockwise for your hurricanes and anti clockwise for your typhoons - it does not move - shake, wobble and roll at best or worse - twinc
wow. I live near the space coast. I beg to differ. I have flown over Iceland,to Germany and eventually Afghanistan the flight paths are calibrated based on using the natural forces to save fuel. that is why aircraft don't travel in straight lines , its LONGER. they when flying over the atlantic use the right turning water of the gulf stream to shorten the crossing. and when coming back it takes longer as the gulf is fighting them.

wow. I live near the space coast. I beg to differ. I have flown over Iceland,to Germany and eventually Afghanistan the flight paths are calibrated based on using the natural forces to save fuel. that is why aircraft don't travel in straight lines , its LONGER. they when flying over the atlantic use the right turning water of the gulf stream to shorten the crossing. and when coming back it takes longer as the gulf is fighting them.

so what - why use the same route coming back - twinc

so what - why use the same route coming back - twinc
because they would have to flow south which would be longer. it would be doable that way but many flights from Europe to the south America use the gulf stream on the southern end to make it faster. traffic patterns of flight are that controlled. I may be wrong, but that is what I was told. I know that when air craft are going to land any where in my state they begin lower attitude as far north as tennesee. and some barely reach altitude then begin their descent. ie from louisiville to Orlando is like that as soon as Georgia was seen the plane begin lower for the descent slowly. that is because the amount of traffic in florida for travel.

For a guy like me who has Sir Isaac Newton in his avatar, I'm sure that he would have been appalled to claim his mathematics could be used to support something as ignorant as the OP's web site.

I noticed that geocentrism is making a comeback.

I understand that that mainline science, religion, politics etc etc has lots of hot air and conspiracies. It's all for money and power. Nobody else is more painfully aware of that than I am (you always hear me bashing the medical establishment and Microsoft). That's because they KNOW some of their stuff is bogus but want money and power, but mix it with enough truth to make it credible just to sell something or to have agendas and control.

Then, you have those who realize this, and then whatever anyone says they take the opposite stand making it worse than what they challenged. Where did we see this happen before? I call them the hippies. They (rightfully) protested some social injustices only to replace them by something more Draconian than what they rebelled against. You can see it all around us by how messed up this nation is now that they are in power. That's how these geocentrists are. It seems they reject a heliocentric view just for the sake of it because the science world is corrupt and make a lame-brained theory worse than what they rebelled against.

For a guy like me who has Sir Isaac Newton in his avatar, I'm sure that he would have been appalled to claim his mathematics could be used to support something as ignorant as the OP's web site.

I noticed that geocentrism is making a comeback.

I understand that that mainline science, religion, politics etc etc has lots of hot air and conspiracies. It's all for money and power. Nobody else is more painfully aware of that than I am (you always hear me bashing the medical establishment and Microsoft). That's because they KNOW some of their stuff is bogus but want money and power, but mix it with enough truth to make it credible just to sell something or to have agendas and control.

Then, you have those who realize this, and then whatever anyone says they take the opposite stand making it worse than what they challenged. Where did we see this happen before? I call them the hippies. They (rightfully) protested some social injustices only to replace them by something more Draconian than what they rebelled against. You can see it all around us by how messed up this nation is now that they are in power. That's how these geocentrists are. It seems they reject a heliocentric view just for the sake of it because the science world is corrupt and make a lame-brained theory worse than what they rebelled against.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back