Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Greetings, I'd like to share my testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

david_james

I'd like to share my testimony.

This is my testimony of my journey to and with our Lord.

Being in bed all the time, can't move and have pain and yet I am happy, why? Because I have accepted Jesus as my savior. I know my pain is temperary. As I think about my journey, I think where I would be if I had not accepted Jesus at a young age.

I was 12 and been to church for years and learned about God. One night I just accepted Jesus and felt good, but still had much to learn.

When I was 16 I got really sick. I had tubes in my nose and throat, I wanted to die. I asked God why am I going through this and felt he didn't love me. Soon I got a trach, it was scary for a while but I was thankful for it. A few weeks later I was weaned off the ventilator but a few days later, lungs collapsed. I went back on the ventilator. The doctor thought it was time to let go but I wanted to live. I would need ventilator at night.

Later that year I got an apartment with my brother Josh. I knew for sure God loved me.

When I was 20 I needed more care and needed to be in a hospital. I was sad but God gave me what I need. Everything wasn't good though, since I couldn't get to church, God was put into the background. Around May 2005 (22 at the time) I realized I didn't know God as much anymore and that scared me. I asked God to help me know him and be close to him again. It took a while but now I know him well and I feel him again.

Now I thank him every day for everything he has given me. I thank him for helping me through hard times. I thank him for staying with me. I thank him for his love and mercy.

David, What an attitude!! Excellent!

You are an extraordinary individual and a great testament to the love of Jesus brother!!!

May God bless and heal you. I have a feeling God has great things in store for you to come!!

:amen

What a wonderful testimony, and a wonderful outlook on your situation David! Thank you for sharing, I think that really brings honour to God :amen

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

God Bless You!
:amen

Thanks for sharing David! Very encouraging that you're sitll with the Lord after so much adversity! Praise God! :amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back