Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gun Control in Minnesota

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

WIP

Staff member
I was reading an article from our local newspaper this morning about a town meeting. Unfortunately, it was not very well announced that this meeting was to be held. That's too bad because I think I would have liked to attend it.

Anyway, here are a few tidbits of information presented and discussed. Elected officials present included three MN house representatives, our local county sheriff, and an advocate with the MN Gun Owners Caucus. Some of the pieces of legislation presented include...
  • HF 14/SF 116 "involves universal background checks for all firearms transfers including loaning a firearm to a friend, house sitters if guns are present on the premises, allows for denial of transfer for any contact whatsoever with law enforcement, such as but not limited to, speeding tickets, parking tickets, neighbor called police on your children for loud music, etc. It would also require a new round of background checks to get your firearms back after they've been taken."
  • HF 15/SF 117 "would be Minnesota's version of a red flag law and would enable individuals and LE to petition a court to prohibit possession of firearms if they pose a danger to themselves or others. Law enforcement could arrive at 3:00 in the morning without warning or notice. There is no hearing, no due process. Could be triggered by something as petty as a scorned ex and there's no penalty for false accusations. Of course, the accused doesn't know who's coming in at 3:00 am and somebody on one side or the other is likely to leave in a box." Remember what happened in Louisville, KY when police executed a no-knock search warrant?
  • HF 396/SF 916 "would establish safe storage requirements including separate storage of firearms and ammunition. Also included is a required locking device for all firearm transfers."
  • HF 601/SF 606 "would require mandatory reporting of lost or stolen firearms."
  • SF 1723 "requires registration of all firearms and banning of possession of large capacity magazines, purchasing new semi-automatic rifles or 'assault weapons', limit firearms purchases to one every 30 days, prohibit open carry, require gun owners to carry liability insurance, and require a firearms license." I hunt with a pistol. Would this mean I would no longer be able to carry my pistol in its holster because that is open carry?
This is in a state that in 1998 approved the Minnesota Hunting and Fishing Heritage Amendment specifying that "hunting and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage that shall be forever preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good."

How do they work in FL? I'm curious.
Only Polk county does it. They take them and you have to fight it in court but it's more then just some neighbor saying you are threat .cops will come but you have to present them a reason .

It's a bit harder to take them .of course if you are suicidal ,etc they will baker act you .

Only Polk county does it. They take them and you have to fight it in court but it's more then just some neighbor saying you are threat .cops will come but you have to present them a reason .

It's a bit harder to take them .of course if you are suicidal ,etc they will baker act you .
The representatives and others that were at the meeting were all pro 2nd amendment so I'm sure they intended to paint as bleak a picture as they could. The opposition would try to do the same thing only in reverse. I just hope cooler heads prevail and a little common sense is applied if there is such a thing when it comes to politics.

The representatives and others that were at the meeting were all pro 2nd amendment so I'm sure they intended to paint as bleak a picture as they could. The opposition would try to do the same thing only in reverse. I just hope cooler heads prevail and a little common sense is applied if there is such a thing when it comes to politics.
I'm probably close to open carry laws more then you.

Look up killdozer.he built that and intended to die doing it .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back