Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gun Store Craze!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

stovebolts

So I went to our local Gun Store on Friday to get a nice Muzzle loader (It's muzzle loader season in Michigan) and I couldn't believe how packed the store was! And that was on a Friday during normal work hours! (I had the day off)

It took three hours to buy a gun and the line for the checkout took 30 minutes to go through... and I had to go through it twice! Oh, and they couldn't keep the semi automatic weapons on the shelf! Everyone is worried Obama is going to take away their guns, so it's creating quiet the rush to the gun stores.

I was talking to a few guys in line, and they had been to other gun stores on Thursday and said the smaller gun stores were out of semi automatics.. Oh my goodness, and talk about the run on ammunitions! People are stocking up on that too! Well, it was Friday... you know, the end of the world. Maybe they were worried of zombies attacking!

So I went to our local Gun Store on Friday to get a nice Muzzle loader (It's muzzle loader season in Michigan) and I couldn't believe how packed the store was! And that was on a Friday during normal work hours! (I had the day off)

It took three hours to buy a gun and the line for the checkout took 30 minutes to go through... and I had to go through it twice! Oh, and they couldn't keep the semi automatic weapons on the shelf! Everyone is worried Obama is going to take away their guns, so it's creating quiet the rush to the gun stores.

I was talking to a few guys in line, and they had been to other gun stores on Thursday and said the smaller gun stores were out of semi automatics.. Oh my goodness, and talk about the run on ammunitions! People are stocking up on that too! Well, it was Friday... you know, the end of the world. Maybe they were worried of zombies attacking!

I think the zombies attacked and won the battle on the last election day.

Now their leader has flown off to Hawaii while the rest of his zombie followers revel in their win that I believe has caused the end of our world as we know it. Over the top? Maybe but I feel a moral line has been crossed that can never again be regained.
With all the gloom, despair and agony on me, deep dark depression and excessive misery.....the end game some see is future chaos. The buying of arms and ammo is the only way available to them to somehow be able to protect what they have when the proverbial mess hits the fan.

Well, we know one thing is for certain.. this is good for the gun stores! Walmart too! The Amunition rack at both Walmart and Dunhams is almost empty. Crazy!

I went to our little mom and pop gun store this morning to get some more 50 cal. rounds and they had extra people helping today. They even said it's been non-stop traffic. Owner was actually relieved that it slowed down!

You know, this is what gets me. People stock up on guns and ammo and then leave it all at home when they go out. Recently some guy shot up the Clackamas mall in Oregon. You know how many people shot back at him? Zero; and yet Oregon has one of the most accommodating concealed carry licensing laws in the country. Ironically, a number of licensed gun owners don't carry a gun on their person, have never carried a gun on their person, and they don't want to carry a gun on their person. They just want the license.

Actually; I don't blame them. When you shoot somebody, even legally, prepare yourself for an emotionally, and financially destructive go-round with the legal system. And more than likely the cops will confiscate your gun and you'll be fortunate to get it back in a year's time; if you get it back at all without a lawyer to help you.

All those guns and ammo buyers? I wouldn't worry about them. Their newly-purchased armament will likely never leave home; not even to a range or to an outdoor location for plinking. And most likely many of those guns will never even be stored loaded ready-to-shoot. They'll just be stored.

But I'm glad to see people stocking up on guns and ammo because it sends a message to every would-be conqueror that if a foreign power should ever get it in their despotic heads to invade America, it will be met with an overwhelming response by citizen warriors armed not with baseball bats, not with kitchen knives, not with lug wrenches, not with frying pans and rolling pins, but with firearms capable of putting a swift end to their lives. And it doesn't take a heavy-weight caliber to do it either. John Hinckley Jr. almost succeeded in terminating President Reagan with a pipsqueak little .22 bullet.

Buen Camino
/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back