Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

H5N1, Bird flu, Swine flu, Mad cow disease etc ....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tina

How did the poor animals get so sick and diseased ?

:verysick

Is it God's curse ?

Is it the consequence of man's abuse ?

What are humans supposed to eat if animals get sick one after another. In McDonalds, the meat patties are only 35% meat, the balance is just chemicals and preservatives !

I'm eating mostly fish these days.... hopefully nothing bad happens to them... :confused :shrug

all of creation is wrong because sin is in the world thats why it needs new heavens and new earth...(sin is) pollution at its worst we cannot begin to understand its spread throughout all of creation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm eating mostly fish these days.... hopefully nothing bad happens to them... :confused :shrug

The oceans are the country's dumping ground. Japan has had open nuclear reactors sitting on the coast for almost a year...I wouldn't be keen on eating their fish..China spew their growing industry into the same toilet...nothing is clean but we are made to cope to a degree eating a bit of dirt

all of creation is wrong because sin is in the world thats why it needs new heavens and new earth...its pollution at its worst we cannot begin to understand its spread throughout all of creation
Very amusing.

Would you like to actually understand the world you live in?

Influenza viruses: Right all viruses are functionally subjected to the same evolutionary selection pressures as parasites are. As such their is a niche exclusion principle in effect most viruses are specifically customized to live in one specific host to give themselves a survival advantage over their cousin species who will in turn specialize to another host. (Swine flu) and (human flu)

however because pigs and humans are biochemically and physiologically very similar and the species of Swine flu and human flu while specialized to infect pigs and humans can actually infect each others hosts thus it's easy for a human to get pig flu and vice verser.

Now one thing you have to understand as Viruses are parasites and they use their hosts to reproduce they it isn't in their best interests normally to exterminate their host population... any-more than it make sense for a farmer to slaughter all of his flock. as such Viruses and influenza viruses "REDUCE" their infectivity and lethality. Because they want to make you sick but not instantly dead. So that your boss threatens you with getting fired and you haul your diseased bum into work and infect everyone there.

The problem is different animals immune systems behave differently however they are biochemically very similar. Birds especally have very elaborate respiratory systems. And the flu virus in birds causes a systemic whole body infection unlike in humans where the influenza virus only infects your lungs. If such a virus gets inside a human then it doesn't make you slightly ill it's deadly as it attacks the heart liver kidneys, Luckly Bird biochemistry differs in terms of surface receptors which makes it difficult to spread between humans.

I will forgo the complex explanation of why this is. It has to do with Salic Acid and nuraimidase groups on the cell surface and Hemagglutinin protease cleavages.

FYI: in the strain information H1N1 the "H" = Hemagglutinin And "N" = Neuramidase

But basically Influenza when they jump species barriers And infect cells ALREADY infected with the native hosts strain of influenza like a pig with swine flu. Or a human with regular flu who gets infected by bird flu as a fluke. The virus DNA can get recombined inside the infected cells and can give rise to "Freak" strains.

These are strains which have the infectivity of normal flu but with the deadly whole body effects of bird flu...

These freak strains can thus escape and cause an enormous amount of damage. killing many people. ultimately such strains die out because they kill all there hosts exterminating themselves from any future evolution. But the short term damage could hypothetically be millions or billions of deaths.

Mad cow disease is an unusual one but interesting never-the-less.

It's a prion disease... These are scary to me because they are actually diseases of *Entropy* When you have something like a complex system of an animal biochemical system. There is alot of "potential" energy in complex molecules that make up proteins.

long hard homogeneous proteins actually are very low energy compared to the complex small proteins that are normally used in our body. When an Abnormally folded protein of a low energy state encounters a high energy state protein They are capable in rare instances to refold the protein to resemble it's low energy state. following the rules of increasing entropy. When that happens you end up with an exponential feedback loop where all the good protiens that do a job are turned into prions these then go on to form large lumps and chunks of malformed protein inside the cell which then go on to eventually kill it.

vCJD is a prion formed from a protein that is identical in cows and humans through our shared evolution. as such when these abnormal proteins get inside human cells they do the exact same thing they did in the cow. Make more of themselves out of normal cellular proteins and kill the cell they find themselves in.

These prions diseases are associated with MANY different diseases depending on the original protein that goes "Renegade" They effect the organ that the protein normally is found in.

Amyloid beta = Alzheimer's disease.
Amyloid Alpha= Kidney amyloidosis.
Alpha-Synulukin= Parkinsons disease
Apollioprotine AI = Arterial sclerosis

Many others

Very amusing.

Would you like to actually understand the world you live in?

Influenza viruses: Right all viruses are functionally subjected .........

Pebbles perhaps biology is your field of study. I'm wondering if that's something you are perusing.

In any case what (ivorhughjarse) is trying to convey, is not God's science behind the how questions, but God's spiritual truth of the why questions.

my answer means nothing to those who do not accept God. It cannot do,... spirit and flesh and all that...my very simple words are massive to those who understand what I said. "Very amusing" to others...its fine either way

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the poor animals get so sick and diseased ?

Is it God's curse ?

Is it the consequence of man's abuse ?

What are humans supposed to eat if animals get sick one after another. In McDonalds, the meat patties are only 35% meat, the balance is just chemicals and preservatives !
Source please?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back