Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Have you had your identity stolen?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We worry these days about having our identity stolen. I know a lot of people that will either not get on the Internet or will not buy anything on the Internet because they are afraid that their identity will be stolen by someone. They are unaware that there are now many safeguards in place to keep that from happening.

But there is another identity that we have allowed the devil to steal from us and that is our identity in Christ. Many places in the Bible Paul declares that is “A bondservant of Christ, called to be an apostle.” Romans 1:1 How many times have you ever seen or heard a Christian today open up and email or a conversation with, “Hi I’m Sandy, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle.” People would think you were completely nuts if you did that.

The truth is, as Christians we have a calling, we are supposed to be somebody in the Body of Christ. Who are you supposed to be? Do you know? Ephesians 4:11 declares, “And he Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teacher, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry.” We should have an identity in Christ. But do we know what it is?

Many Christians even walk around depressed. The only reason I can figure out they would do this is because they don’t know their true identity in Christ. They have had it stolen. We are sons and daughters of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we are a royal priesthood, and we are called to be something (apostles, prophets, etc.) What is there to be depressed about?

It is very difficult to have an identity in Christ today because many people believe the offices are no longer necessary and others believe that the gifts of the Spirit no longer operate. Most are never taught that they have an identity in Christ and when they are taught they are only to bring people to church and allow the pastor to take over from there.

It is all screwed up but we do have an identity in Christ. We need to ask Him what it is, become mature, and walk in that gift. Your identity in Christ is a gift to the world to use to make the world a better place.

I'm not worried if someone steals my fleshy identity, all they'd find is bills and no money, lol.

But in Christ, I sort of know my identity. I am humble servant called to help make the His harvest bigger. That's all I know for sure at this time. I have been given the gift of discernment. I do know that the Lord has something in planning for me, but He has not given it to me what it will be. I am in the process of renewing, sanctification and training. Later, I will be given my mission. Probably something to do with ministry but I really do not know. I remain patient and seeking.

Good question!
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Haven't had my identity itself stolen, but I have had a credit card or two copied and used. There were instances where someone racked up a punch of $70 charges at gas stations all over the LA area. I did not even own a vehicle that could hold that much gas at the time. Then someone else bought over $500 worth of groceries at a store in Scottsdale, AZ. Was nowhere even close to Arizona when that happened. Finally, had someone order a Dell computer in my name, but made the mistake of having it shipped to an address that did not exist.

Criminals are generally not that bright.

Good post Sandy, great message!
This is a message that should be taught everywhere.
I've always been a firm believer in home groups to tell each other what gifts we see in them that God has given.
This edifies the group,
lt builds up the believer, and helps them to see their identity.
This was given to me as a new Christian, it was valuable to me.
The only thing to do is to pass it on to others.
Thank you for reminding me to continue to do it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back