Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He will keep you strong to the end

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

1 Corinthians 1;8, "He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of the Lord."

How many of you believe that? Or how many of you believe that God doesn't keep us strong, but that man is strong enough on his own to be blameless? Or how many of you believe that God doesn't keep us strong to the end so we'll lose our salvation? :o Who do you think:

1) Leads us out of temptation?
2) delivers us from evil?
3) Keeps us from harm?
4) Keeps us strong?
5) Leads us into righteousness?
6) Doesn't give us more than we can bear?
7) Paid the price for our sins?
8) Protects us from the evil one?
9) Chose us before the creation of the world?
10) Saves us?

1 Corinthians 1:30 "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us, wisdom of God-that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

So why do so many Christians have so little faith in God that they don't believe that he will keep us strong to the end? So you need to ask yourself; in whom is your faith, in God or in yourselves?

And to those who know that God keeps us strong, leads us out of temptation, delivers us from evil, etc. how do you think He does that? Thank you. :)

Is it haying season again? Smells like straw men in here.

Heidi, if you choose to follow Christ, he will strengthen you. The decision and the responsibility are yours and you have no excuse not to. There is nothing to glory in because all have sinned and broken the law. God in his mercy allows us a chance to find life and forgiveness through Christ.

Good to see you back. Don’t you think you should answer your other ninety threads before you start another one about the exact same thing?

unred typo said:
Is it haying season again? Smells like straw men in here.

Heidi, if you choose to follow Christ, he will strengthen you. The decision and the responsibility are yours and you have no excuse not to. There is nothing to glory in because all have sinned and broken the law. God in his mercy allows us a chance to find life and forgiveness through Christ.

Good to see you back. Don’t you think you should answer your other ninety threads before you start another one about the exact same thing?

John 15:16, "You did not choose me. I chose you."

So I don't know where you get your beiefs, but they're not from the bible. So I'll go with Jesus instead, thank you. :)

I don't reply to your posts because you have admitted that you believe that paul's letters are someone else's mail. So I'm not interested in your religion because it has nothing whatsoever to dowith Christianity. And furthermore, by your comment above, I don't think you're interetsed in believing the bible. So my OP is directed to those who are. :)

quote by Heidi on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:11 am

So I don't know where you get your beiefs, but they're not from the bible. So I'll go with Jesus instead, thank you.

Do you know the context of John 15:16? It’s in the upper room at the last supper. You can see that in chapter 13 where this story begins. Jesus is speaking directly to his disciples here, not to the entire humanity of all the ages. There are many things in this discourse that apply to us (like John 14:31) but this is not one of them. He chose the disciples personally from the crowds, they didn’t come to him to be the 12 disciples. That is a pretty limited club and even when Judas died, there was only one seat to fill. Some think Matthias filled it, some believe God chose Paul.

Doesn’t matter, it’s not you and it’s not me. We are not going to sit on 12 thrones and judge the 12 tribes of Israel. You can’t take this verse and apply it to yourself any more than you can take John 16:32 for your own private interpretation.

So I don’t know where you get your beliefs because they do not fit the context of the Bible. If you are going to apply everything Jesus said to the disciples to everyone born again, why don’t you also apply John 16:32 to yourself while you‘re at it?

quote by Heidi :
I don't reply to your posts because you have admitted that you believe that paul's letters are someone else's mail. So I'm not interested in your religion because it has nothing whatsoever to dowith Christianity. And furthermore, by your comment above, I don't think you're interetsed in believing the bible. So my OP is directed to those who are.

I am very much interested in believing the Bible and not what you have construed it to say. You have also twisted my words to suit your own imagination. Paul most certainly wrote his letters to the people that they were addressed to. None of his letters says, ‘the epistle of Paul to Heidi’ so it’s not your mail, get over it. You have to read it in it’s own context and not chop it up into little sound bites that you can sling around like bullets from a Tommy gun.

unred typo said:
quote by Heidi on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:11 am

So I don't know where you get your beiefs, but they're not from the bible. So I'll go with Jesus instead, thank you.

Do you know the context of John 15:16? It’s in the upper room at the last supper. You can see that in chapter 13 where this story begins. Jesus is speaking directly to his disciples here, not to the entire humanity of all the ages. There are many things in this discourse that apply to us (like John 14:31) but this is not one of them. He chose the disciples personally from the crowds, they didn’t come to him to be the 12 disciples. That is a pretty limited club and even when Judas died, there was only one seat to fill. Some think Matthias filled it, some believe God chose Paul.

Doesn’t matter, it’s not you and it’s not me. We are not going to sit on 12 thrones and judge the 12 tribes of Israel. You can’t take this verse and apply it to yourself any more than you can take John 16:32 for your own private interpretation.

So I don’t know where you get your beliefs because they do not fit the context of the Bible. If you are going to apply everything Jesus said to the disciples to everyone born again, why don’t you also apply John 16:32 to yourself while you‘re at it?

[quote:52fb7]quote by Heidi :
I don't reply to your posts because you have admitted that you believe that paul's letters are someone else's mail. So I'm not interested in your religion because it has nothing whatsoever to dowith Christianity. And furthermore, by your comment above, I don't think you're interetsed in believing the bible. So my OP is directed to those who are.

I am very much interested in believing the Bible and not what you have construed it to say. You have also twisted my words to suit your own imagination. Paul most certainly wrote his letters to the people that they were addressed to. None of his letters says, ‘the epistle of Paul to Heidi’ so it’s not your mail, get over it. You have to read it in it’s own context and not chop it up into little sound bites that you can sling around like bullets from a Tommy gun.[/quote:52fb7]

Unred,

If someone heals you of blindness, especially when you didn't ask him to, Like Paul didn,'t how much of a choice did you make for you ability to see? :o So if you must boast, boast in the Lord, not in your righteous ability to choose God, which is a lie anyway because "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent mdraws him." That's not just talking about the disciples, that's No one.

Romans 3:11, "There is no one righteous, not even one. There is no one who udnerstand, no one who seeks God." Therefore,it's only God's power of the Holy Spirit that leads us to seek God. And we can no more resits God's power than the devil can. If God gives you faith, then you believe. If you "resist" God's faith, then he obviously hasn't given you faith. So no one can resist God's call either as Romans 11:29 tells us; "God's gifts and his call are irrevocable."

So I'm not going to listen to you contradict scripture after scripture any more. Paul tells us not to engage in stupid and foolish arguments and since stupid argument are arguments contradicting Christ's words, then they're stupid and foolish and a waste of time to listen to Sorry. :crying:

quote by Heidi on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:27 am:

If someone heals you of blindness, especially when you didn't ask him to, Like Paul didn,'t how much of a choice did you make for you ability to see? So if you must boast, boast in the Lord, not in your righteous ability to choose God, which is a lie anyway because "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent mdraws him." That's not just talking about the disciples, that's No one.

The blindness Jesus told about in the Bible is caused from walking in the dark. Go to the light, Heidi. Then you can see.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Satan tempts us away from the light of Christ’s teachings of love into the darkness of hate and evil where we can’t see.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever does make manifest is light.
14Wherefore he said, Awake you that sleeps, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light.

Jesus is calling for all of us to wake up, Heidi, and follow him. Go to the light of his teaching and you will see what the gospel is. No man can come unless the Father draws him but guess what? He has commanded all men everywhere to repent. Jesus said if he was lifted up (on the cross) he would draw all men unto himself.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent:

That's not just talking about the disciples, that's EVERY one.

quote by Heidi :
Romans 3:11, "There is no one righteous, not even one. There is no one who udnerstand, no one who seeks God." Therefore,it's only God's power of the Holy Spirit that leads us to seek God. And we can no more resits God's power than the devil can. If God gives you faith, then you believe. If you "resist" God's faith, then he obviously hasn't given you faith. So no one can resist God's call either as Romans 11:29 tells us; "God's gifts and his call are irrevocable."

We did this one, Heidi. You had no reply for my explanation. If you can take your fingers out of your ears and stop saying “La la la la la†for a minute, I’ll repeat it here:

Maybe we shouldn’t try to retranslate all the rest of the Bible to accommodate this one verse. Maybe we should try to translate this one verse so that our translation doesn’t conflict with all the rest of scripture, Heidi.

It’s simpler than you have imagined, actually. The explanations that were written to you by Drew which you have consistently ignored, give you the answer. This verse that says none seek after God is about Paul speaking to a specific problem, just as the verses about election in other parts of Romans (that you love to take out of context) have another meaning in the text than what you have imagined. You can’t lift out every verse that has the word ‘elect,’ ‘predestined,’ or ‘foreknow’, give them your own meaning and lump them into one ridiculous doctrine.

So how can we seek God when the verse in Romans says that there was a time when both Jews and Gentiles were apostate? Well, to state the obvious, that was then and this is not then. There was a time when the world didn’t seek after God, (except for a few, too few to mention until later in the chapter when they are called ‘my people’ ) , but that is NOT ALL people from the beginning of creation, Heidi. I can prove it to you from hundreds of references that speak of those who are righteous before God. We can start with righteous Abel, whose deeds were right and his brother’s were evil. Let’s just see what you do to mess that one up first.

The word “irrevocable†doesn’t mean “irresistible.†I gave you the precise meaning before when you used it incorrectly. Since you don’t believe me, why don’t you take a minute from your frantic posting schedule to find out what some of the words you post mean?

quote by Heidi :
So I'm not going to listen to you contradict scripture after scripture any more. Paul tells us not to engage in stupid and foolish arguments and since stupid argument are arguments contradicting Christ's words, then they're stupid and foolish and a waste of time to listen to Sorry.

I’m not contradicting scripture, I’m contradicting you. Have you elevated yourself to a scripture writer now? You’ll have to find the truth before you can tell it to others. Don't worry about disobeying Paul. Paul said not to engage in strivings about the Jewish laws and ordinances. That's not our topic here.

I don’t contradict Christ’s words, but you have done so several times with your doctrines that try to eliminate all he taught us. You may be right about this discussion with you being a waste of time. In fact, isn’t it about time for you to start another thread on "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him" ? I don’t think answering it 4 times is enough for me. I think I should post the answer until you can repeat it in your sleep, don‘t you? :-D

And if we're blinded, then how can we wake up? Do you even have a clue who wakes us up? :o Paul didn't wake up one day and decide to become a Christian. :lol:

So elevating yourself in thinking you're righteous enough to choose God is the sin of pride at its peak! Humility glorifies God, not man. So if I boast, I boast about God waking me up, not me waking me up. But since you glorify man thinking he can wake up on his own, then your teaching is from pride which is from the devil and not worth responding to any more.

quote by Heidi on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:13 pm
And if we're blinded, then how can we wake up? Do you even have a clue who wakes us up? Paul didn't wake up one day and decide to become a Christian.

So elevating yourself in thinking you're righteous enough to choose God is the sin of pride at its peak! Humility glorifies God, not man. So if I boast, I boast about God waking me up, not me waking me up. But since you glorify man thinking he can wake up on his own, then your teaching is from pride which is from the devil and not worth responding to any more.

Your boast is the most egotistical of all. You claim that God himself chose to wake you up for no reason other than you are special to God. It is not even that you have obeyed God and he is rewarding your obedience, but that he has seen something special about you that us other sinners don’t and can’t possess. Don’t try to claim that God closed his eyes and picked your name out of a hat, either, because you know God knows everything, you silly little vessel of mercy. Yet you feel no pity for those of us who have no way to be chosen, do you? We deserve it. But so did you, except for that something special you have that we don’t. Hmmmn….wonder what it could be? That charming quality that says “I’m chosen and you’re not and you’re going to be tormented forever and I’m going to live in everlasting delightful joy without lifting a finger for my salvation. Tough break, sucks to be you.†and then puts a smiley face at the end? Yeah, that must be it. It's your humility.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back