Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healthy Foods & Drinks

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Can anyone recommend any healthy food and drinks?

I am an avid lover of anything that is not too good for me and am wanting to look after myself more.

Thanks

:pepsi

That's a good start. :)

Fish, lean meat (not necessarily completely without fat, though), fish, vegetables, fish, whole grains, fish and fruits Oh... Did I mention fish? It has a whole bunch of that Omega-3 stuff in it. It's good for your brain and from experience I can tell you that it does wonders for seasonal depression.

The TOG​

Try to avoid highly processed stuff and go for fresh/ raw/ self cooked meals. If you occasionally do buy processed food read the labels and look for a product with a low amount of sugar and additives.

I ate something tonight that I thought was basically healthy, but probably isn't. I had hot dogs that are made with chicken instead of pork. Chicken is supposed to be healthy... isn't it? Anyway, when I was eating one of the hot dogs, I bit into something hard. I thought it was a piece of a bone, but when I got my glasses and looked at it closer, it looked more like a piece of a claw. I don't think I'll be buying any more of those chicken dogs any time soon.

The TOG​

It might have been part of a ligament from a chicken, TOG . You might wish to buy kosher hot dogs ... more inspections are involved in the processes.

Joshua Breeze, try to buy fresh vegetables & fruit from your local area....if not available, then just focus on the 'fresh' aspect. Try to avoid processed foods, packaged foods with preservatives, and foods with MSG. Be cautious about additives in the foods you buy.

Do buy real butter (as opposed to margarines), sea salt (for seasoning), use a peppermill (instead of pre-ground pepper), and keep an eye on how long you've had herbs spices (do not keep longer than a year if in a can); fresh herbs & spices are best.

Absolutely NOT !!!

It's the home of the Chicago Cubs, and one of the most beautiful ball parks ever created !

You're thinking of Yankee Stadium, jasonc

Absolutely NOT !!!

It's the home of the Chicago Cubs, and one of the most beautiful ball parks ever created !

You're thinking of Yankee Stadium, jasonc

Illinois is very much the commie state. remember where our community organizer came from politically? chi-cag-ooo.

lol.

He started out in Hawaii, and spent many a year there. He didn't arrive in Illinois until he was an exchange student, living with the Ayers. (Mrs, Ayers referred to him in that fashion)

The voters of Illinois have no choice for governor this upcoming November. There's the current Dem governor, and the in-name-only Rep who is a Chicago Dem/Mike Madigan crony. There were a lot of Dems asking for Rep ballots a couple of weeks ago during the primary for that particular Rep to get the nomination.

But alas, we're off topic. I do apologize, Joshua Breeze

I ate something tonight that I thought was basically healthy, but probably isn't. I had hot dogs that are made with chicken instead of pork. Chicken is supposed to be healthy... isn't it? Anyway, when I was eating one of the hot dogs, I bit into something hard. I thought it was a piece of a bone, but when I got my glasses and looked at it closer, it looked more like a piece of a claw. I don't think I'll be buying any more of those chicken dogs any time soon.

The TOG​
At the fair the junk food is flowing finally find the corn dogs and they are chicken wet feathers Yukie :angry3

maybe red tea (iced or hot), brown rice (you can get a 10 minute version), nuts (all of them, ranging from peanuts to walnuts and almonds), dark chocolate, nut butters, maybe with honey for a sweet treat....

...and of course, treats when you need them. Full sugar soda, ice cream, etc...just try to limit it. That's what I'm doing right now, with OK results.

Joshua Breeze, try to buy fresh vegetables & fruit from your local area....if not available, then just focus on the 'fresh' aspect. Try to avoid processed foods, packaged foods with preservatives, and foods with MSG. Be cautious about additives in the foods you buy.

Do buy real butter (as opposed to margarines), sea salt (for seasoning), use a peppermill (instead of pre-ground pepper), and keep an eye on how long you've had herbs spices (do not keep longer than a year if in a can); fresh herbs & spices are best.

Excellent advice, thank you. :thumb

Well guys, thanks. It's determination I need: all of the nice stuff seems to be out of the window; never mind, fresh fruit and veg along with fish - here I come.

Well guys, thanks. It's determination I need: all of the nice stuff seems to be out of the window; never mind, fresh fruit and veg along with fish - here I come.

The processed fatty sugared stuff isn't the "nice stuff". It isn't even real food. Your body will be grateful if you give it some real food instead of the industrial junk. It tastes better, too.

The processed fatty sugared stuff isn't the "nice stuff". It isn't even real food. Your body will be grateful if you give it some real food instead of the industrial junk. It tastes better, too.
orange juice squeezed by the hand is full of sugar and acids. the same type that often is bemoaned by others.

citric acid.i have used that to clean jewelry. I should have made the orange battery for the kids. citrus fruit by nature is acidic.

Back