Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Healthy Foods & Drinks

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
orange juice squeezed by the hand is full of sugar and acids. the same type that often is bemoaned by others.

citric acid.i have used that to clean jewelry. I should have made the orange battery for the kids. citrus fruit by nature is acidic.

There's nothing wrong with carbs in general. And I never heard anyone bemoan cidric acid.
Gastric acid is even a bit more acidic than orange acid. Lemon or orange juice doesn't have a very high concentration of acid anyway.

Yeah I know you can make batteries of those. That means they have enough free electrons to migrate through the wire, due to some chemical reaction that happens with the lemon fluids along the electrodes and thus create an electrical current (no idea actually; chemistry is the one branch of science that I never understood a thing about), but the acid as you find it in a lemon fruit, still isn't concentrated enough to do damage to your body. If you have some irritated skin or a wound on your fingers and pour freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice over it you will feel your wounded skin burn a bit from the citric acid, but that's all it can do to you. Healthy skin won't react in any way. Don't try that with "real" battery acid though. :lol

The current of a fruit battery is probably only a few mA. You can't light a conventional light bulb with only one lemon or orange, but small LEDs may work or some small electrical device that only uses LR41 batteries. Like a watch or a digital thermometer.
There's some way to put several lemons in line to make a more potent battery. Oh well I had the most horrible physics teacher ever at my school in those years when electricity stuff was on the curriculum. So I have no clue what I'm talking about. :lol

Yeah I know you can make batteries of those. That means they have enough free electrons to migrate through the wire, due to some chemical reaction that happens with the lemon fluids along the electrodes and thus create an electrical current (no idea actually; chemistry is the one branch of science that I never understood a thing about), but the acid as you find it in a lemon fruit, still isn't concentrated enough to do damage to your body. If you have some irritated skin or a wound on your fingers and pour freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice over it you will feel your wounded skin burn a bit from the citric acid, but that's all it can do to you. Healthy skin won't react in any way. Don't try that with "real" battery acid though. :lol

The current of a fruit battery is probably only a few mA. You can't light a conventional light bulb with only one lemon or orange, but small LEDs may work or some small electrical device that only uses LR41 batteries. Like a watch or a digital thermometer.
There's some way to put several lemons in line to make a more potent battery. Oh well I had the most horrible physics teacher ever at my school in those years when electricity stuff was on the curriculum. So I have no clue what I'm talking about. :lol

in parallel. connect the anode to the cathode and the cathode to the anode, and you get more volts and amps. do it the same its more amps at the same volts.

I ate something tonight that I thought was basically healthy, but probably isn't. I had hot dogs that are made with chicken instead of pork. Chicken is supposed to be healthy... isn't it? Anyway, when I was eating one of the hot dogs, I bit into something hard. I thought it was a piece of a bone, but when I got my glasses and looked at it closer, it looked more like a piece of a claw. I don't think I'll be buying any more of those chicken dogs any time soon.
The TOG

hahahaha , good! --- the 'funny' thing is that that claw, if that's what it was, is probably a thousand times safer for your health than anything with pork in it.

maybe red tea (iced or hot), brown rice (you can get a 10 minute version), nuts (all of them, ranging from peanuts to walnuts and almonds), dark chocolate, nut butters, maybe with honey for a sweet treat....

...and of course, treats when you need them. Full sugar soda, ice cream, etc...just try to limit it. That's what I'm doing right now, with OK results.

with an aim to eliminating sugar totally, as much as possible that is , I HOPE you mean..... it took me 7 years to give up soda, and it pierces my heart over and over and over again to see parents buying cartfulls of soda (literally! 12 cases) for their family including kids already drinking one in line!!! it may cause far far far more damage than cigarettes!!
i do still have a little something with sugar in it, (yes, and even had a soda last month, the first in years), as or when the need arises (or supposed need). getting the good and real food and drink is a lot more inconvenient than getting the deadly stuff.

the number one best seller (at the places that sell them) due to its effectiveness (no advertising, no medical claims, just word of mouth)
is allegedly apple cider vinegar tablets.
it apparently works so well, that i expect it will be banned by the fda like colloidal silver cleaner was a couple years ago after it got advertised. they (the fda) supposedly admitted under the federal freedom act that no one had ever been hurt or harmed or died as a result of using colloidal silver, but it is banned anyway. (it eliminates 2 billion dollars a day profit in cities where it is still used secretly i suspect. ('secretly' for real - they don't dare let anyone know. )

from your picture(i smile when i see it) i'd like to pat you on the head.... penguins are cute at the zoo, but not too many in oklahoma these days.... :) ..... seriously, i've caught part of your life testimony of healing, and give Yhwh all the glory for His grace and mercy and salvation (healing) in Christ Jesus and our fellowship in Him... (i've seen many hundreds of people healed, simply, and many(thousands) more not healed, sadly).

from your picture(i smile when i see it) i'd like to pat you on the head....

I have actually petted a penguin on the head. It was a Humbolt penguin at the Cotswalds Wildlife Park. It felt more like fur than feathers.

penguins are cute at the zoo, but not too many in oklahoma these days.... :) .....

I grew up in Tulsa. I don't remember whether they had penguins at the zoo there. It probably would have been a bit too hot for them, especially in the summer. South Africa has penguins and it's pretty hot there. Maybe those could live in Oklahooma.

seriously, i've caught part of your life testimony of healing, and give Yhwh all the glory for His grace and mercy and salvation (healing) in Christ Jesus and our fellowship in Him... (i've seen many hundreds of people healed, simply, and many(thousands) more not healed, sadly).

All the glory belongs to YHWH. Looking back, it's amazing to see how He's had His hand on my life.

The TOG​

it apparently works so well, that i expect it will be banned
Well, no, it did not get banned.
The manufacturer was sold and it has a new owner (not vetted, but seems like accurate as it came from a couple sources casually)....
and the sheer volume of acv available at stores, both brick and mortar stores, and online shopping,
increased super-dramatically,
but the quality went down. Apparently (from available lists of ingredients or other 'news') they started diluting it without removing impurities (heavy metals, pesticides, etc) .
If I find references to this online some day, and remember also, I'll reply here again with those.

Can anyone recommend any healthy food and drinks?
Yes.
If someone is not doing well , it may be better to find someone who is able to test a person for what they are allergic to , and for what toxins / free radicals/ are in their brain, blood, bones and body. (this can be done with one simple testing, but it is not approved nor used by officials.)

Back