Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heard the news? Homosexual Marriage is now the law of the land

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JohnD

Before we start wailing and lamenting the America we though America still was... let me point out as a Congressional Medal honorably discharged veteran that America has not been herself for a very long time. And partly due to our being in a state of denial, partly due to our increasing desensitization to the evil around us, and partly due to our own indulgence in evil acts and beliefs... we have ignored God's warnings for the last several generations and assumed that since absolute judgment has yet to fall, everything must be okay...

America was founded upon Christian principles. It's founding and its laws were based on Christian law on Christian principles. One did not HAVE to be a Christian to be a citizen or to be here but everyone was required to follow the laws based on Christian principles. Or they were fined, went to jail, or were exiled or even executed.

And God blessed America for this.

Then we began turning our backs (collectively) on those Christian principles and rewriting the laws based on humanism.

It got to the point where we could no longer defend Bibles as textbooks in public schools. Then came the ousting of prayer in public schools and the open door to all forms of false religions to come flooding here... because we abandoned the Christian principles and now the Bible that our laws WERE based on.

According to humanism, everyone is entitled to equal time. God gets his say, then the devil gets his say. This is how we open the floodgates to bring in the filth that our founding fathers fought and died to build those flood gates in the first place so that Christ can be honored here. And for that honor blessing ensued. And when we opened the floodgates of evil and turned our backs on God, for the same reason God once blessed America he has to curse America. Follow God and be blessed. Don't follow God and be cursed. It's jut that simple.

Not so all at once. He allows it to seep into the mix hoping that when we see the cursing we will repent and be healed.

I am 54 and I can tell you I have experienced that seeping during all of that time as more and more cursing took the place of blessings. It was such a different world when I was a kid. You would not believe. But we chose the world over God and now we are reaping all that this entails.

Homosexuality USED to be a clinical mental illness. Then it became tolerated. Then it became a nuisance. Then it became dominant. Soon it will become tyrannical. It's in the Bible. I recall 20 years ago hearing the blood curdling screams of homosexual protestors who disrupted a Church service in San Francisco. The Sodomites outside Lot's home in Sodom and Gomorrah must have sounded like this when they demanded to have homosexual sex with the angels who came under Lot's roof.

Now marriage is redefined by the highest court of the land in America. Some say it is mocking... but heterosexuals have mocked marriage for generations. Serial monogamy. Adultery. On and on and on. This is just the latest chapter of a very long down hill slide.

Forgive me for waxing fiery and poetic on this subject, because this is something that's had me feeling all sorts of ways today, and I can only share my strongest convictions, no matter who likes it or who doesn't.

I make no apologies for having my feet firmly planted within the word, for having my path illuminated by the word, for resting in the full confidence in the verse which says to let God be true and every man a liar, for understanding that His ways are above our own, and there is a way which seems right to a man, but the end results in death. I have no problems losing friends or family for the sake of the gospel of Christ. I have no shame in the cross, my banner. I am no respecter of man, I won't pander or resort to pleasant euphemisms for the sake of feelings, or for the preservation of kinship or fraternity. I will follow my conviction and let the fire of my unwavering integrity burn away the chaff which presents itself as reason, or justice, or fairness -- for the only true fairness presented unto man went upon a cross for my sake, and His word is absolute.

I won't be joining in new Babylon's celebration of sin, nor embrace the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to redefine the sacrament of marriage -- it is not theirs to rule or mandate. There is only one Sovereign. I will not bow to the androgynous agenda which renders a man effeminate or a woman brutishly masculine, rending their bodies to match misplaced and delusional feelings about who they feel they should be, in place of who they are. As these small abominations of desolation find themselves settled and secure in dry and barren places I find myself withdrawing all the more into the cleft of the rock, into the hidden places under the shadow of the Most High, to the sheer delight of many I'm sure -- I've showed these very same points and values to friends and family today and I will likely lose some of them to the idols of culture and political correctness. I will not bow to these idols or incline my eyes to look favorably upon the moral degradation of this nation. I look for the resurrection of the life to come and name myself a pilgrim in a strange land. I would rather be on the wrong side of history than on the wrong side of my God. Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered, and let those who hate Him flee from before His face. As smoke vanishes let them vanish, as wax melts from before the face of fire.

God bless you.

Enjoy being able to make such speech while you still can.

For soon this will be deemed "hate speech" by those who call the still anatomically male Bruce Jenner "she."

2Ch_7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Solution: ban marriage licenses.when 1789 occurred .the states didn't issue marriage licenses.if we really want to remove a racist symbol start there. That was the intent blacks couldn't marry whites and to stop that da gubbernment mandates you get our approval.I do believe in common law marriages as it was and still is.

I think that the government never should have gotten involved with the marriage process in the first place. Does the Bible say anything about having to have a document issued by the government for marriage?

It seems like we wouldn't be having this "issue" if marriage was kept out of the gov. "They" are not really married according to the Biblical definition anyway. The problem is that now the JP's and anyone else involved in issueing marriage licenses might have to do something against their beliefs if they choose to continue in that profession.

Before we start wailing and lamenting the America we though America still was... let me point out as a Congressional Medal honorably discharged veteran that America has not been herself for a very long time. And partly due to our being in a state of denial, partly due to our increasing desensitization to the evil around us, and partly due to our own indulgence in evil acts and beliefs... we have ignored God's warnings for the last several generations and assumed that since absolute judgment has yet to fall, everything must be okay...

Jesus said I have not come to judge the World. There is not going to be judgement until it's time. If a Government will serve God, God blesses them. If the government does not serve God, the enemy has control and bad things happen.

We still have people that serve God in government, so the whole thing is still good. We see this when Joshua was with Pharaoh, or Danial.

This vote does create some type of spiritual shift, but if we are getting to the last days, then I suspect more is to come.

I think that the government never should have gotten involved with the marriage process in the first place. Does the Bible say anything about having to have a document issued by the government for marriage?

It seems like we wouldn't be having this "issue" if marriage was kept out of the gov. "They" are not really married according to the Biblical definition anyway. The problem is that now the JP's and anyone else involved in issueing marriage licenses might have to do something against their beliefs if they choose to continue in that profession.

Yes, but any society in history that went very far down the path of officially tolerating / promoting homosexuality did not last much longer.

Jesus said I have not come to judge the World. There is not going to be judgement until it's time. If a Government will serve God, God blesses them. If the government does not serve God, the enemy has control and bad things happen.

We still have people that serve God in government, so the whole thing is still good. We see this when Joshua was with Pharaoh, or Danial.

This vote does create some type of spiritual shift, but if we are getting to the last days, then I suspect more is to come.

Um, then for that very same argument / reason God should never have blessed America in the first place.

Just because the ultimate judgment has not occurred or is involved in these lesser incidents does not make God out to be Deistically uninvolved.

True. Common law does require a public ceremony so that one can know the difference.

Agreed to a point. There is something about making the actual commitment and to testify to it before God and man that sets marriage apart from common law marriage / shacking up††. Marriage is much much more than a piece of paper / legal document.

†† And it is only shacking up.

While I get the idea of approval but really even if the supreme court ruled that gay marriage was illegal.any state could:
1) allow medical poas
2) allow insurance benefits to non married couples.my state has been doing that on small scale
3) no state has the power or ability to stop who can live together

So what is the difference? Nothing

Agreed to a point. There is something about making the actual commitment and to testify to it before God and man that sets marriage apart from common law marriage / shacking up. Marriage is much much more than a piece of paper / legal document.
That was done in thoses days. Church records is how I know far back my Irish side goes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back