Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heaven or hell movie!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Fire and brimstone I will not deny I never felt to be a good approach to take with non-believers. Tends to give many the image that God is NOT love, but rather a very hateful and judgemental being. Not to say that our Lord is not just...but when looking through the eyes of a non-believer...do you really want to be told you are going to hell if sin? Seeing as none of us are truly perfect, that message comes accross as rather hypocritical to me.

I am sorry if that was harsh. I meant no offense to anyone. So if I have, I appologize.

May God Bless You

Danielle

Fire and brimstone I will not deny I never felt to be a good approach to take with non-believers. Tends to give many the image that God is NOT love, but rather a very hateful and judgemental being. Not to say that our Lord is not just...but when looking through the eyes of a non-believer...do you really want to be told you are going to hell if sin? Seeing as none of us are truly perfect, that message comes accross as rather hypocritical to me.

I am sorry if that was harsh. I meant no offense to anyone. So if I have, I appologize.

May God Bless You

Danielle

Yes, Hell is a reality but to tell a non believer that if he does not accept Jesus he will go to hell, it makes them feel like they are being forced into it. To win someone over to Jesus I personally would not use the turn or burn method, it tends to turn the unbeliever off of Christianity. We must woo them as Jesus does. Heaven is your choice and no one will force it on you, not even God. But then again why would anybody want to go to hell, some say they want to go to Hell because they think it will be just one big party down there with women, drugs, boos, and what ever else they think brings them happiness down here on earth. That form of happiness is all they have ever known since they have never known Jesus as their savior. The unsaved think Heaven will be boring, just laying on a cloud and playing a harp for all of eternity. Heaven will be the most exciting place any one has ever experienced, the most fun thing you can think of down here on earth will pail in comparison and will not even be able to connect with the things of Heaven. The level of joy in Heaven is far beyond what we know down here. I can hardly wait. Lee

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back