Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

HELL 20/20 ****Tonight****

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jgredline said:
How about a play by play?

It just finished here.

One thing I can say - one of the things that Marilyn Manson says about going to Hell because everyone he knows will be there ... my co-worker says the same thing. :sad

1st commercial. . . It is very interesting so far. But I think I will also wait until everyone has seen it then we can respond to it here..

I'm taking some notes:

Fnerb said:
It just finished here.

One thing I can say - one of the things that Marilyn Manson says about going to Hell because everyone he knows will be there ... my co-worker says the same thing. :sad

I just saw that

Lewis W said:
Well I am on the east coast' so those who saw it' what are your thoughts.
NOT YET, It does'nt start here for another like 45 minutes! :crying:

Fnerb said:
It just finished here.

Marilyn Manson knows where he is going. The ex Catholic has lost his mind. At one time he thought he believed in Christ' when he was a Catholic. But now he has lost all love for God.

jgredline said:
gosh, decisions, decisions watch 20/20 or make love to my wife :o

Hey now, that's boarderline TMI!

:lol:

You mentioned Tivo though...

Fnerb said:
It just finished here.

:-? I take it you are a believer in pre-destination? Or that a soul can reach a point past redemption before death?

Texasgirl said:
:-? I take it you are a believer in pre-destination? Or that a soul can reach a point past redemption before death?

I am not a Calvinist if that is what you are asking. I do not believe he (my co-worker) it beyond reach. I firmly believe God's wants all to be saved.

Texasgirl said:

Texasgirl, that was a comment that was made on the televison program 20/20. How can you take "anything" about a comment that was not really his?

Atonement said:
Texasgirl, that was a comment that was made on the televison program 20/20. How can you take "anything" about a comment that was not really his?
I assumed the "everybody knows he is going there" to be his sentiment. If I misunderstood that, I certainly do apologize. I've just noticed several posts on this forum pronouncing certain people to be going to hell, so I myself made a bad assumption.

Texas
Please, we are having a good conversation....don't rail road the thread...Perhaps from the tv show it will spawn new threads, but not here...

Texasgirl said:
I assumed the "everybody knows he is going there" to be his sentiment. If I misunderstood that, I certainly do apologize. I've just noticed several posts on this forum pronouncing certain people to be going to hell, so I myself made a bad assumption.

If you re-read the statement, you will see that Marlyn Manson was saying that about himself. In other words, Manson wants to go to Hell, because everyone he (Manson) knows is going to be there (hell).

This was not anyone judgement on Manson.

Everyone is already judged to go to Hell - thankfully we have an Awesome God who out of His mercy has provided a way out of Hell. Through His grace, He has extended that to all who would believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

15 minutes left and it's pretty good, it's been a quick hour. I have a few notes I will add and maybe some questions to ask. But I would say that one should watch or have watched the program in order to answer these questions or respond to them. Because already something was taken out of context From Texasgirl.. Not point fingers at you, but we need to leave this thread in context. . .

Well there you have it...Marylon Manson out of his own free will is choosing to go to hell....Like alone says, we serve and awsome God who has made provision...MM has heard the Gospel and if he so chooses to accept Christ, Jesus will welcome him back with open arms...It is MM choice...

OK, A shameless plug for ''free will'', not back on topic....

aLoneVoice said:
If you re-read the statement, you will see that Marlyn Manson was saying that about himself. In other words, Manson wants to go to Hell, because everyone he (Manson) knows is going to be there (hell).

This was not anyone judgement on Manson.

Everyone is already judged to go to Hell - thankfully we have an Awesome God who out of His mercy has provided a way out of Hell. Through His grace, He has extended that to all who would believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
No need to re-read. I believe I stated I made a bad assumption and apologized.

I will admit to being somewhat confused as to what would be "appropriate" to say here and not, or when an honest mistake and apology isn't accepted, yet blatantantly taking things of context seems to be quite fine.

But not to worry. I won't bother you good folks anymore.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back