Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello new here and looking for answers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

manimal2878

I am here looking for answers and stuff.

The truth is I am an athiest sometimes leaning towards agnostic on a good day.

The problem is I have this emptyness in my life and I can't help but think that it is because I do not have any kind of spiritual life.

Easy you say, just be a christian. Well the problem is I have read a lot and have gotton very close to reading the entire bible, just a few more books to go. I have also read almost everything by CS Lewis and a few books by Lee Strobel as our commonly reccommended by people, but nothing seems believable to me, I keep waiting to read that one thing that makes it all click and suddenly I feel whole in what I can believe.

I came from a non-religious family so my background does not provide a built in belief since childhood like many christian seem to have. I have to look at this thing from a different perspective and try to base my beliefs on reason and choice. It is hard because I am often hit by christians with the answer, when all else fails, that you just have to have faith. HAving faith and trying to force myself to believe just doesn't seem right to me. If there is a god I am sure that he demands authentic belief and not just lip-service. How do I get to that point of authentic belief? Any advice? Any other authors I should read?

A

manimal,

Welcome. It is good you are searching for God, and you are right...God does demand authentic belief...you are not baptized with the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ without it. God is the one who handles that side of things. I will pray that He reveal Himself to you...keep reading His Word...that is where it starts. I am glad you are here....blessings.

manimal, Welcome :angel:
I would suggest you continue to read your bible and pray that the Lord would reveal himself to you. Each time you open the bible pray, for if you are truely seeking Him you will find Him. :wink:

These two Ladies have made a pair of great posts. Welcome to the forums, and if you ever want to chat, you know how to reach me. 8-)

Welcome to the forums!! I agree with the suggestions given to you, so I'll just add that I also will pray that God reveals Himself to you.

Matthew 7:7-8

Welcome to the forums. I hope and pray they are helpful in your search for answers.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
These two Ladies have made a pair of great posts. Welcome to the forums, and if you ever want to chat, you know how to reach me. 8-)

Ditto all of that! :biggrin

nothing?

You said "nothing seems believable to me".
When you DO believe something or someone, what do you need, to
believe?

Do you believe history books? Do you believe labels on food products?
Do you trust the doctor when he tells you you need to take a
certain medication for an illness he has diagnosed?
Do you believe someone when they say they care about you?
Do you believe in all theories pertaining to physics?
Do you believe in things you can't see, as well as things you can see?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back