Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Heredity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Yet again I have a couple of science questions lol. Alright so first of all, I know or rather I believe that we were all created in God's image but since we are all different what exactly does that mean since God never changes? And second of all, I look like an exact copy of my birth mother but I don't look a thing like my birth father. That's pretty normal all in all though, but a friend of mine has a son with ginger hair that he doesn't get from either of his parents. Why is that? Alright, I guess the first question wasn't entirely science related, but it still has to do with why people look the way they do so I guess that sort of counted.

we were all created in God's image but since we are all different what exactly does that mean since God never changes?
I’ll just paste small portions of a study by Mary Body at a time.

“This "image" is expressed in several aspects. First, man is a trinity, even as God, though with a difference. He is three natures, spirit, soul, and will, in one body, or person; while God is a trinity of Persons in One Nature.”

I’ll just paste small portions of a study by Mary Body at a time.

“This "image" is expressed in several aspects. First, man is a trinity, even as God, though with a difference. He is three natures, spirit, soul, and will, in one body, or person; while God is a trinity of Persons in One Nature.”

I'm sorry, I don't think that I quite understand.

Being created in God's image is not the same thing as heredity. Exactly what being created in God's image means still has some mystery, but the first few chapters of Genesis makes it plain that Adam and Eve were NOT originally made knowing both good and evil.

Eugene's post #2 responds well to that but the question has nothing to do with science, it's theology.

Heredity is science, and well understood. A red-headed child can be born to two parents, neither of which have red hair. Same goes for a baby with blue eyes.
This is due to something called "recessive genes," which the OP apparently never studied in school. It is good science though.

They can even tell that red hair and blue eyes are some of the most recent additions to our species, which leaves the realm of observational science which is repeatable, and enters the realm of theoretical science.

Being created in God's image is not the same thing as heredity. Exactly what being created in God's image means still has some mystery, but the first few chapters of Genesis makes it plain that Adam and Eve were NOT originally made knowing both good and evil.

Eugene's post #2 responds well to that but the question has nothing to do with science, it's theology.

Heredity is science, and well understood. A red-headed child can be born to two parents, neither of which have red hair. Same goes for a baby with blue eyes.
This is due to something called "recessive genes," which the OP apparently never studied in school. It is good science though.

They can even tell that red hair and blue eyes are some of the most recent additions to our species, which leaves the realm of observational science which is repeatable, and enters the realm of theoretical science.

Thanks for explaining that to me and to be honest, I don't really remember whether I studied it or not lol :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back