Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Skillet

Hey everyone! I am a new member here since today, I was just looking for a place where I could talk with other Christians and discuss things and all that ;D so far from what I've seen it looks awesome! Just not sure why I can't post in the teens section.. anyway I'll introduce myself real quick:

I'm Joshua but you can call me Josh and I am male and 15 years old, and born on the 18th of May, 1998. I am a Christian since the 8th of February 2003, could be the 3rd but I'm not entirely sure. I live in Australia, for almost a year now. I'm born in The Netherlands! I am Dutch and Canadian because my dad is from The Netherlands, and my mom is from Canada. Sadly enough my dad passed away in 2006. I am currently living with my little brother and mom. I've been baptized on the 27th of May, 2013 and am living for God since then (next to school and all that, usual teenager stuff you know -.-)! So if you want to know more, feel free to ask! I also have Facebook if you wish to talk to me privately about stuff. (: Would be awesome to get to know you people here!
:thumbsup

-Josh

Hey everyone! I am a new member here since today
Great introduction and testimony Brother Josh, and welcome to CF.net. I sure hope you enjoy the forums we have to grow in your experience with the Lord among fellow Christians. To post in the "Teens" forum I read the following instructions on the forum itself.

To gain posting access, request to join the Teens group in Settings > Permission Groups
Moderators:Blazin Bones questdriven
Teens Bible Study

God bless you in Jesus' name. :wave

Welcome to CFnet, [MENTION=96812]Skillet[/MENTION] :wave

Am sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad, but am delighted to read your testimony!

Be blessed ... and enjoy your time with us here :)

Hey everyone! I am a new member here since today, I was just looking for a place where I could talk with other Christians and discuss things and all that ;D so far from what I've seen it looks awesome! Just not sure why I can't post in the teens section.. anyway I'll introduce myself real quick:

I'm Joshua but you can call me Josh and I am male and 15 years old, and born on the 18th of May, 1998. I am a Christian since the 8th of February 2003, could be the 3rd but I'm not entirely sure. I live in Australia, for almost a year now. I'm born in The Netherlands! I am Dutch and Canadian because my dad is from The Netherlands, and my mom is from Canada. Sadly enough my dad passed away in 2006. I am currently living with my little brother and mom. I've been baptized on the 27th of May, 2013 and am living for God since then (next to school and all that, usual teenager stuff you know -.-)! So if you want to know more, feel free to ask! I also have Facebook if you wish to talk to me privately about stuff. (: Would be awesome to get to know you people here!

-Josh
Hello, dear brother Josh!

I read your nice introduction and thought that I might tell you how much I like your 'story'.
Obviously you feel the joy of our dear Lord's Spirit dwelling in you, for your words are uplifting in spite of the hardship you had to experience. Both, your Heavenly Father and your dad will be proud of you!

I am happy to welcome you here.
BTW, I am born in Germany and live in the USA; but I guess you beat me with your international relations (Netherlands, Canada, Australia !). I have been to Holland quite a few times (Sandvor, Einthoven). I liked the beach there, especially eating fish rolls while biting on sand. ;) And the windmills, of course!

I peeked onto your profile and saw your plan for a future occupation. Great idea! I have been a stewardess for Lufthansa, and I know that most pilots liked their profession. So I hope to see you one day in a cockpit! :tongue

Also I have a very close and dear friend who is 14. Actually you sound a bit like her. It is so wonderful to get to know teenager who live for God and publicly testify for Him. You are such a great example, Josh!!!

So may Jesus always be with you, and I hope that we keep in touch (I do not have Facebook to talk about stuff, but we have the forum :) ).

Maedchen :wave

Thanks everyone, your responses are really warm and welcoming! (: Can't wait to get to know everyone more on here, you all seem awesome! And Maedchen, your words are so so kind and they really mean a lot to me! (: Thanks! Haha awesome, my half-sister is a stewardess for KLM and my half-brother is a steward in Japan, so it could be something in my blood or something that I love flying haha! :biggrin

God bless you everyone!

Welcome to the board! :) Am I to assume, by your handle, that you're a Skillet fan? :) Have you heard the new album?

Yes I am! They're my favorite band next to Wolves At The Gate (: Yes! Their new album is great! Have you heard it? My favorite song would probably be either Not Gonna Die or Salvation, I both love them a lot.

Yep, listened to a buddy's copy. I haven't had a chance to order it for myself yet, had to do some repairs on my car. :sad I'm not sure what my favorite is yet, still debating that. I think overall my favorite song by Skillet is "Hero" though.

-Josh

Sorry for the Late hello. Just thought i'd welcome a fellow teen. I don't post often but I try to get on every few days. Lately i've been swamped with work. Anyways, hi! I'm Justin, 17, USA.

Josh, welcome to CFnet! :wave

I had a second of astonishment, because our oldest child is named Joshua/Josh, and you have a vague resemblance to him! I was like, "Whoa, Joshua!!". He'll be 18 in a few months.

So have your parents called you Joshy-poshy-puddin-pie even to this day, too? I'll answer that for you. No. Your parents are probably normal. :lol

If your name and vague resemblance determine your future, I'll let you know what the last few years of high school have in store for you. You'll sleep til noon, work at Taco Bell and play on the PS3 til 3:00 every night, during summer vacation, anyway.

Okay. Enough fun with your name and blonde hair. I hope you enjoy your time spent here. :)

Haha awesome! I still need like 3 years to be 18 haha, but that's cool! Hahaha noooo, never really been called that but I've been called "Joshypoo" before.. hahaha and as far as I know my mum is definitely not normal, but I love her either way. :tongue

Haha sounds good to me. ;)

Thanks, I'm enjoying it so far! :)

Cool. Hey, as a token of my welcome to you, here is something I know all teenaged Joshua's appreciate (or they should). :coke

Be blessed :)

Thanks man ;) Coke's always good! Especially if it's REALLY hot outside and you get an ice cold can of coke, mmmm nothing can beat that

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back