Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi there.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riven

My name is Joe. I went to a Christian school when I was younger and met many good people there. At the time, I was searching for what the others seemingly had stumbled upon by chance: faith in God.

I also enjoyed the company, and there was a girl there that I liked... you know how it is. Sadly, I was never able to find the peace that my fiends there had until very recently. As the years went by, I grew bitter as the others seemed to get on so well. I resented their success in life and I resented the fact that they had something I could not have.

I'm a prideful person with a strong will. I got kicked out of a Pre-K Southern Baptist school for fighting when I was very young. What can I say? I like to fight. I enjoy verbally sparring with others. I enjoy all things military, but especially history. I was once told by a girl that was into astrology that it's because I was born in March. Eh, maybe?

Anyways, my pride was what made it so hard to become a Christian. The very idea of bending my knee to anyone, even the creator of the universe, was alien to me ---- offensive, even.

I won't lie and say I've conquered my pride. I still struggle with balancing faith and belief... I don't think they are the same thing. But I was able to humble myself enough to understand that putting even more distance between myself and God only strengthened the pain I was already feeling. The loneliness. The guilt. All of it, really.

So I did what I could not before. I recognized Jesus Christ is the messiah and that he died on that cross for me as well as them. I recognized that I'm only human and that my time here is finite, no matter how much I invest in the world, and no matter how much I build or destroy.

I apologize for the long introduction. I didn't mean for it to read like a novel. I just kinda needed to talk about it is all. I don't belong to a church anymore, if I ever truly did, so I guess I've kind of just had it on my mind.

I'm a prideful person with a strong will. I got kicked out of a Pre-K Southern Baptist school for fighting when I was very young. What can I say? I like to fight. I enjoy verbally sparring with others. I enjoy all things military, but especially history. I was once told by a girl that was into astrology that it's because I was born in March. Eh, maybe?

Anyways, my pride was what made it so hard to become a Christian.

Greetings, and blessings in Christ! Welcome to CF.net : )

Let me encourage you with something. Conceit is a problem, but having a sense of self-worth is actually not one in the things of God. You just have to take the same attitude that Paul took, which was "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord." If you look up most definitions of the word "Pride," it usually has a positive meaning, and what Paul meant was that self-worth in what the Lord Jesus Christ has made you is something you can rightfully boast about.

Paul was actually highly ambitious, and not just when he was a Pharisee but after he came to Christ. It's why he would state on one occasion that he was not the least of the apostles, and why on others he listed his spiritual "credentials," if you will, and how he suffered more than anyone else for the gospel's sake (2 Corinthians 11:23-28). You will never truly understand Paul until you understand how spiritually ambitious he was.

In short, while there is no room for conceit in the Christin life, or for vaunting oneself over others and considering yourself better than everyone, there IS actually room for seeing yourself as of great value in Christ if you allow Him to move, act and speak through you. Being "more than conquerors, through Christ who strengthens us" was Paul's way of saying that those who truly serve Him are greater than history's greatest leaders, because their glory in Christ will outlast that of mortal men.

I have some studies on this you might be interested in. If you've read teachings like the following then no harm, no foul : ) But they are not the normal teaching on passages like this because, like I said, not many view self-esteem and a strong sense of self-worth in Christ as positive things in church these days. But I believe it's because of a misunderstanding. If you find they resonate with your spirit (especialy the 2nd one), let me know : )

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again to the forum.
Hidden In Him

Greetings, and blessings in Christ! Welcome to CF.net : )

Let me encourage you with something. Conceit is a problem, but having a sense of self-worth is actually not one in the things of God. You just have to take the same attitude that Paul took, which was "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord." If you look up most definitions of the word "Pride," it usually has a positive meaning, and what Paul meant was that self-worth in what the Lord Jesus Christ has made you is something you can rightfully boast about.

Paul was actually highly ambitious, and not just when he was a Pharisee but after he came to Christ. It's why he would state on one occasion that he was not the least of the apostles, and why on others he listed his spiritual "credentials," if you will, and how he suffered more than anyone else for the gospel's sake (2 Corinthians 11:23-28). You will never truly understand Paul until you understand how spiritually ambitious he was.

In short, while there is no room for conceit in the Christin life, or for vaunting oneself over others and considering yourself better than everyone, there IS actually room for seeing yourself as of great value in Christ if you allow Him to move, act and speak through you. Being "more than conquerors, through Christ who strengthens us" was Paul's way of saying that those who truly serve Him are greater than history's greatest leaders, because their glory in Christ will outlast that of mortal men.

I have some studies on this you might be interested in. If you've read teachings like the following then no harm, no foul : ) But they are not the normal teaching on passages like this because, like I said, not many view self-esteem and a strong sense of self-worth in Christ as positive things in church these days. But I believe it's because of a misunderstanding. If you find they resonate with your spirit (especialy the 2nd one), let me know : )

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again to the forum.
Hidden In Him

Thank you. The story of Alexander the great truly hits home. I see so much of myself in him. But his ambition didn't save him from death. He attained true glory in this world, but he's not here anymore. What glory did he attain for himself in heaven? How can anyone's glory truly compare to God's glory?

I struggle with the concept of what I will attain in heaven because it is something I feel that is distant. The world is here, I'm here.

I found that many Christians were put off by my demeanor. I was too rash, too ambitious, and was prideful, to be a good Christian.

But the thought of submission to God only made me feel a fire in my stomach. Like when Leonidas rejected the Persian messenger's demand for submission of Sparta to Xerxes.

This combined with some charisma, attracted the Christian women. Which was kind of interesting in and of itself considering all the talk of peace and living a pious life. Lol.

One time, the pastor decided to setup a debate. I was chosen as the one who had to make the argument that God did not exist. An opportunity to do battle with words? Yes, please.

Anyways, he chose the most timid and uninformed girl to be the Lord's champion. She had no idea what to do. I actually felt bad. It threw me off my game, and I was so frustrated by the non-answers that I eventually just gave up.

Sometimes I think Islam is growing because it has an answer for the warriors of society. Christians may have answer in scripture, but they never talk about it. What then do people like me do? We want to fight. There used to be a place for warrior Christians within the faith. But it seems today very few Christians want us among the ranks.

It truly is disheartening to know that there are many out there that are like me who struggle with finding their place with the faith. The fact that they go to a church and have to deny who they are in order to fit in is just plain sad. I think eventually the fire goes out, and they just live an unfulfilled existence.

Thank you. The story of Alexander the great truly hits home. I see so much of myself in him. But his ambition didn't save him from death. He attained true glory in this world, but he's not here anymore. What glory did he attain for himself in heaven? How can anyone's glory truly compare to God's glory?

I struggle with the concept of what I will attain in heaven because it is something I feel that is distant. The world is here, I'm here.

I found that many Christians were put off by my demeanor. I was too rash, too ambitious, and was prideful, to be a good Christian.

But the thought of submission to God only made me feel a fire in my stomach. Like when Leonidas rejected the Persian messenger's demand for submission of Sparta to Xerxes.

This combined with some charisma, attracted the Christian women. Which was kind of interesting in and of itself considering all the talk of peace and living a pious life. Lol.

One time, the pastor decided to setup a debate. I was chosen as the one who had to make the argument that God did not exist. An opportunity to do battle with words? Yes, please.

Anyways, he chose the most timid and uninformed girl to be the Lord's champion. She had no idea what to do. I actually felt bad. It threw me off my game, and I was so frustrated by the non-answers that I eventually just gave up.

Sometimes I think Islam is growing because it has an answer for the warriors of society. Christians may have answer in scripture, but they never talk about it. What then do people like me do? We want to fight. There used to be a place for warrior Christians within the faith. But it seems today very few Christians want us among the ranks.

It truly is disheartening to know that there are many out there that are like me who struggle with finding their place with the faith. The fact that they go to a church and have to deny who they are in order to fit in is just plain sad. I think eventually the fire goes out, and they just live an unfulfilled existence.

If you'd like some advice, I stopped worrying about what anyone else thinks a long time ago, and I mean anyone. It wouldn't matter to me if every single soul in Christianity rejected me. They hardly know who and what I am now anyway. But I know who I am in Christ, and will eventually show those who side against me why that was a bad idea, and hopefully convert a few who see the good in me.

And yes, like you I actually view radical Muslims as potential soldiers in Christ if they get saved. A man who will die for what he believes in is worth a thousand who will not, and we are eventually going to enter times when many will begin shrinking back in the face of persecution and vilification instead of standing for Christ like they should. I couldn't care less. Opposition always strengthens me anyway, so I actually kinda look forward to it in some ways, but all in the Lord's timing if I'm so lucky.

Glad you had a chance to read it. I hope it was a blessing to you, Riven. And I didn't mean to monopolize your Intro. Your OP just provoked a response is all : )

Blessings in Him,
- H

If you'd like some advice, I stopped worrying about what anyone else thinks a long time ago, and I mean anyone. It wouldn't matter to me if every single soul in Christianity rejected me. They hardly know who and what I am now anyway. But I know who I am in Christ, and will eventually show those who side against me why that was a bad idea, and hopefully convert a few who see the good in me.

And yes, like you I actually view radical Muslims as potential soldiers in Christ if they get saved. A man who will die for what he believes in is worth a thousand who will not, and we are eventually going to enter times when many will begin shrinking back in the face of persecution and vilification instead of standing for Christ like they should. I couldn't care less. Opposition always strengthens me anyway, so I actually kinda look forward to it in some ways, but all in the Lord's timing if I'm so lucky.

Glad you had a chance to read it. I hope it was a blessing to you, Riven. And I didn't mean to monopolize your Intro. Your OP just provoked a response is all : )

Blessings in Him,
- H
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm glad I found this forum.

Lol. I love the T72. It's my favorite Russian tank.
Junk tank . I have seen photos what the tow2b did to them.poppee the turret off with the crew still inside it .burned to a crisp .

The Russian recoiless rifles on the other hand ..

Junk tank . I have seen photos what the tow2b did to them.poppee the turret off with the crew still inside it .burned to a crisp .

The Russian recoiless rifles on the other hand ..
Oh, I know. I just like the way it looks. It has that signature Soviet style. I heard stories about M2 Bradleys engaging and knocking out T72 tanks with their TOW missles in 1991. Iraqi crew training was inadequate.

Oh, I know. I just like the way it looks. It has that signature Soviet style. I heard stories about M2 Bradleys engaging and knocking out T72 tanks with their TOW missles in 1991. Iraqi crew training was inadequate.
The Bradley could engage the t 72 at longer ranges then the main gun a 105 could fire . Also depending on the t72 they probably had no night capabilities.

The Russian one we got working didn't .I have photos of 72,55 bmp all operational

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back