Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] His eye is on the sparrow

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

We had a snow storm come through that dumped an insane amount of snow, so much so that for the second time, I wasn't able to get home.

Steve's folks were here and his dad worked all day just to clear a path through our driveway so that he could feed the cows.

When he finally got through to feed the cattle, he saw that we were missing two, one young heifer and our little bull.

Once they gave the all clear for avalanche danger, we got on the road. We finally made it home and by that time the heifer had returned, but not the little bull. My daughter went out through the waist deep snow to try to find her little bull. She's raised it from a baby, it's not quite a year old yet.

She found him way out in the back of our property. She tried to help him come up, but he was just too exhausted and weak to make the trek, through the deep snow and uphill all the way.

She and Thomas are taking food and a mixture of milk and water out to the little guy. Then hopefully, he'll make it through the night and hopefully, we can get him home tomorrow.

It's pitch dark out there now, and the kids are still out...I know that it will take them some time to get back. We have tractors and ATV's but nothing that can get through deep snow in the canyon. They just have to go out on foot. But, I'll be glad for God's watching over them, to get them home ok through the snow and the dark. And, also that God would watch over the little bull so that he will be alive and well tomorrow and we can get him up here by the house.

And, I do have to give the Lord great praise and thanks that Steve has found a job with a different company. He will be doing the same work, but in the same town that our church is in, which is about 20 miles closer to home than where he has been working for the past couple of years. This means a commute of about 42 miles instead of over 60. He is also getting a raise! This means that, instead of leaving Mondays and coming home on Fridays, he will be able to come home everyday...the good Lord and weather permitting!

Wow, Dora! That part with the snow and bull sounds like a "Little House on the Prairie" 2-hour special! That is an amazing ordeal to say the least.

Great news for Steve! :clap What a blessing. :)

Well, sorry to say that our little guy didn't make it. He was just too weakened by the snow and cold. :sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back